Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

You said “Probably the two players on our list you can rely on doing what is asked of them for the team are Kmac and Graham.” I just want to know why you would make that statement because Kmac is doing nothing.
Like I said, I was replying to a post about front runners. As a person sitting at home or in the stands, my understanding of Kmacs role is to be a defensive wing, lots of running to close of space and options. This does translate into a lot of possessions or supercoach points which I'm sure most on here use as a basis to judge a players performance.
Has his output dropped over the last few years, no doubt. Should there be a younger player taking his position, probably, is there a younger player knocking the door down to take that spot, not that I can name.
Anyway, this is a Cumberland thread, not Macca. If you want to discuss further there's probably a better place.

Will be one of the first two delisted, with Dow.
that's easy to say, and you may be right...

However, the list can't turn over that much in one year, and if the retirements and trades come as expected, then some who may not expect to stay, will get an extra year to prove themselves.

7​
Baker, Liam ???
29​
Bolton, Shai ???
39​
Colina, Mate R ???
26​
Coulthard, Matt R ???
38​
Cumberland, Noah ???
27​
Dow, Thomson ???
34​
Graham, Jack ???
48​
Green, Steely ???
2​
Grimes, Dylan ???
4​
Martin, Dustin ???
33​
McIntosh, Kamdyn ???
24​
Naismith, Sam ???
50​
Pickett, Marlion R ???
3​
Prestia, Dion ???

Baker and Bolton who knows, so for the excercise lets assume they stay, same goes with Dusty and Dion

That still leaves 10 on that list that would be on shaky grounds (not knowing their contract status mind you).

So lets just say we take 5 draftees, which I think would equal our biggest haul (even though I get the feeling we want to combine a few picks to get up the draft order, and might finish with 3 high picks and one low pick)

that means, that 5 left on that list get another go

Colina doesn't count as a Cat B rookie.
I think Grimes retires, Naismith can't get another go with his knees,
Leaves you with :

Coulthard - Done nothing
Cumbo - Struggling big time, but has at least shown something at the level
Dow - Hasn't appeared to take chances
Graham - Appears as tho will be traded
Green - Limitied chances but not exactly smashing the door down
Kmac - Should have been traded/delisted last year, should go
Pickett - On performance prob can go, but everyone wants the 100 games for his kids

Like I said, I was replying to a post about front runners. As a person sitting at home or in the stands, my understanding of Kmacs role is to be a defensive wing, lots of running to close of space and options. This does translate into a lot of possessions or supercoach points which I'm sure most on here use as a basis to judge a players performance.
Has his output dropped over the last few years, no doubt. Should there be a younger player taking his position, probably, is there a younger player knocking the door down to take that spot, not that I can name.
Anyway, this is a Cumberland thread, not Macca. If you want to discuss further there's probably a better place.
kmac' opponent got twice as many disposals as him and three times more tackles. He certainly wasn't closing the space around his opponent. This is the inconsistency with the people criticising Cumberland. Cumberland is dependent on Kmac to deliver the ball into the forward line yet when Kmac kicks it straight to the opposition its Cumberlands fault. When Kmac doesn't chase and tackle you expect Cumberland to apply defensive pressure. Seriously if you think Kmac is still playing good football then I really don't care what your opinion is.

kmac' opponent got twice as many disposals as him and three times more tackles. He certainly wasn't closing the space around his opponent. This is the inconsistency with the people criticising Cumberland. Cumberland is dependent on Kmac to deliver the ball into the forward line yet when Kmac kicks it straight to the opposition its Cumberlands fault. When Kmac doesn't chase and tackle you expect Cumberland to apply defensive pressure. Seriously if you think Kmac is still playing good football then I really don't care what your opinion is.
Fluck me drunk. Feel like we are have 2 different conversations!!!
I done with this one.

that's easy to say, and you may be right...

However, the list can't turn over that much in one year, and if the retirements and trades come as expected, then some who may not expect to stay, will get an extra year to prove themselves.

7​
Baker, Liam ???
29​
Bolton, Shai ???
39​
Colina, Mate R ???
26​
Coulthard, Matt R ???
38​
Cumberland, Noah ???
27​
Dow, Thomson ???
34​
Graham, Jack ???
48​
Green, Steely ???
2​
Grimes, Dylan ???
4​
Martin, Dustin ???
33​
McIntosh, Kamdyn ???
24​
Naismith, Sam ???
50​
Pickett, Marlion R ???
3​
Prestia, Dion ???

Baker and Bolton who knows, so for the excercise lets assume they stay, same goes with Dusty and Dion

That still leaves 10 on that list that would be on shaky grounds (not knowing their contract status mind you).

So lets just say we take 5 draftees, which I think would equal our biggest haul (even though I get the feeling we want to combine a few picks to get up the draft order, and might finish with 3 high picks and one low pick)

that means, that 5 left on that list get another go

Colina doesn't count as a Cat B rookie.
I think Grimes retires, Naismith can't get another go with his knees,
Leaves you with :

Coulthard - Done nothing
Cumbo - Struggling big time, but has at least shown something at the level
Dow - Hasn't appeared to take chances
Graham - Appears as tho will be traded
Kmac - Should have been traded/delisted last year, should go
Pickett - On performance prob can go, but everyone wants the 100 games for his kids
On top of your 4-5 draftees we need to make space for our 2 MSD picks and we probably want to leave a space for a pSD, rookie or DLFA.
With probably a first or second pick we have access to best available there.
So we could turn over 7-8 minimum.
A lot of pressure on the fringe players to hold their spot. Will be interesting to see who stays and goes.
Will be some delicious melts on this board either way.
Trouble I see for Cumberland is where exactly does he fit in the team. I see him as the creative dangerous forward type, but there is only room in the team for 2 maximum, which atm is Dusty (when fit) and Bolton.
He's not a 3rd tall and he's not a defensive pressure forward. The later spots are taken by Mansel (defensively ok, not much of a forward), Campbell, (still very raw) and MRJ, (great defensively, needs to be more dangerous in attack).
The other option is a high half forward, but we've seen opposition teams play their best intercept defender on him and exploit him there.
Honestly I think Cumbo needs a fresh start elsewhere, probably come back and bite us in the ass, but that happens (most likely go to Druggies then kick 5 against us Dreamtime next year, or blues round 1)

Probably end up like stengle

Reckon you’re right here

We’ve seen glimpses of good cumbo in his first games where he slotted 21 ish goals in 5 games…at that time .he played on instinct and with freedom

Where as now…he is wracked by indecision….he is almost in the foetal position worried about how to play footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On top of your 4-5 draftees we need to make space for our 2 MSD picks and we probably want to leave a space for a pSD, rookie or DLFA.
With probably a first or second pick we have access to best available there.
So we could turn over 7-8 minimum.
A lot of pressure on the fringe players to hold their spot. Will be interesting to see who stays and goes.
Will be some delicious melts on this board either way.
Trouble I see for Cumberland is where exactly does he fit in the team. I see him as the creative dangerous forward type, but there is only room in the team for 2 maximum, which atm is Dusty (when fit) and Bolton.
He's not a 3rd tall and he's not a defensive pressure forward. The later spots are taken by Mansel (defensively ok, not much of a forward), Campbell, (still very raw) and MRJ, (great defensively, needs to be more dangerous in attack).
The other option is a high half forward, but we've seen opposition teams play their best intercept defender on him and exploit him there.
Honestly I think Cumbo needs a fresh start elsewhere, probably come back and bite us in the ass, but that happens (most likely go to Druggies then kick 5 against us Dreamtime next year, or blues round 1)
IMO they'll delist
Coulthard - not selector's fave. small fwd.
Cumbo - not selector's fave. Came in for MRJ & Dusty.
Smith ~ not selector's fave but a back so, may stay.

Dow - played 14. Selectors rate him. Some mid depth. Depends on midfield depth. See if Baker/Presia go around again
Graham - traded if we're lucky. To who?
Kmac - Sadly he's a walk up start again. Banks hasn't taken his spot.
Pickett - Will get another year. Annoying but He's versatile.... Coaches love him.

IMO they'll delist

Dow - played 14. Selectors rate him. Some mid depth. Depends on midfield depth. See if Baker/Presia go around again
Pickett - Will get another year. Annoying but He's versatile.... Coaches love him.
No way Smith goes TTT.

IMO they'll delist

This poster is pretty smart

Not as bad as people make out to be.

He needs to be at a top 4 club, in their depth, as a sub, comes on and can do crazy damage.

Can't be at an 18th place club.
No top 4 side would let this useless spud near them. Why are posters trying to compare Cumbo to other struggling players to substantiate his being retained. We know players like Kmac are at the end and need to be replaced but this guy just offers nothing and has had numerous opportunities. Judge him alone on his performances and it’s obvious he’s not AFL standard. Admit to the fact he is shite and needs to be sent packing. Posters defending him are either blind or stupid.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back