Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit where it’s due though.
No player as bad as Cumbo will ever get a thread as big as this!
He is right up there with the worst player I have ever seen at Richmond right now, but will be spoken about for decades to come …😂

He is right up there with the worst player I have ever seen at Richmond right now, but will be spoken about for decades to come …😂
sonsie masnell and dow say hello

Agree that’s why I think he needs to be retained. It’s no longer about winning but posting

I think the hate on here is a bit much. He was quiet, didn't really do much wrong. I get that he hasn't lived up to expectations, but the cheering of his failings is pretty tough.

The main problem with Cumberland is that he is not big enough to play that third tall. He regularly got into very good positions to fly for mark, but only once or twice did he go through with it. He may be able to, but team instructions are for him to stay down. But he reads the play fine because he gets to those spots.

He is a confidence attacking player that is not big enough nor maybe good enough to play that role. And he is not good enough as a crumber to play small forward. He has to work through that, whether he will get the time to do so is another story. But to say he is the worst footballer we have had at the club or that he has no talent is wrong.

I think the hate on here is a bit much. He was quiet, didn't really do much wrong. I get that he hasn't lived up to expectations, but the cheering of his failings is pretty tough.

The main problem with Cumberland is that he is not big enough to play that third tall. He regularly got into very good positions to fly for mark, but only once or twice did he go through with it. He may be able to, but team instructions are for him to stay down. But he reads the play fine because he gets to those spots.

He is a confidence attacking player that is not big enough nor maybe good enough to play that role. And he is not good enough as a crumber to play small forward. He has to work through that, whether he will get the time to do so is another story. But to say he is the worst footballer we have had at the club or that he has no talent is wrong.
The only reason he didn’t do much wrong was, as usual he didn’t get near the pill. In your own words you’ve stated he’s not good enough in many areas. Time to cut him and give opportunity to younger players.

The only reason he didn’t do much wrong was, as usual he didn’t get near the pill. In your own words you’ve stated he’s not good enough in many areas. Time to cut him and give opportunity to younger players.
If he was 2 inches taller he could be a player because he would be expected to fly for his marks. He has shown he can mark the ball, does it quite regularly in the VFL, and occasionally in the AFL. So he is playing more like a tall that a small.

Not sure about cutting, but no problem dropping to the VFL and see if he can actually become proper third tall who is allowed to fly for his marks and a better player. Don't like delisting players until they have exhausted their worth, not sure we have got there with Cumberland yet.

Disagree. His main problem is that he is utterly non-competitive in most contests. A front runner of the highest order.

Time to cut and run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. His main problem is that he is utterly non-competitive in most contests. A front runner of the highest order.

Time to cut and run.
I actually thought watching it (and granted I haven't bothered to watch it back), that although he did SFA, I thought there were numerous times he at least made a contest to make sure the Dockers player didn't mark it.

Now, the caviat to that is, should he have been in a better position to actually try and mark the bl00dy thing himself - YES, and where the wet conditions favourable to allow him to at least stop them marking (which is the bar minimum standard) - YES

I actually thought watching it (and granted I haven't bothered to watch it back), that although he did SFA, I thought there were numerous times he at least made a contest to make sure the Dockers player didn't mark it.

Now, the caviat to that is, should he have been in a better position to actually try and mark the bl00dy thing himself - YES, and where the wet conditions favourable to allow him to at least stop them marking (which is the bar minimum standard) - YES
It seems to me like he gets into position, sets himself for the mark, but doesn't go through with it. The conditions were a factor in that, but I'm not sure he has the licence to go for them as well, so then he becomes a bit of a spectator. And those free kicks against him were harsh. Do we ever get soft free kicks like that.

It seems to me like he gets into position, sets himself for the mark, but doesn't go through with it. The conditions were a factor in that, but I'm not sure he has the licence to go for them as well, so then he becomes a bit of a spectator. And those free kicks against him were harsh. Do we ever get soft free kicks like that.
Another excuse for this non competitive clown

How many of us wish we had Sam Davidson from our VFL on the senior list instead of Cumbo...
Ah, Sam Davidson, the sinful scourge of the fields, the very embodiment of depravity! How dare he stride across the sacred turf, desecrating it with his every step! A player, a man, a sinner! And his father, oh, his father, a keeper of a bed and breakfast, a den of iniquity disguised in quaint charm, a facade of warmth masking the infernal abyss within!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back