Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

People say this bloke looked lost yesterday are wearing blinkers. The whole side looks lost. At one point HRS had it just outside 50 on a flank and we had a bloke loose inside 50. What did he do? Stopped, looked backwards and hand balled it to someone. Killed any flow.

We have zero flow, nothing. I think cumbo is a dud but the whole side is a ship lost at sea.
Glad a few others see it for what it is. But as I said in another thread, so many here got seduced by a win over a rank Adelaide and saw it as some sort of sign things were turning.
There is zero system in our play and it's being executed by some alarmingly poor personnel.
We are light years off it, even if Lynch turns back the clock and turns 27 again and Taranto and Hopper make the step up and become prime Cotchin and Prestia.
We have deficiencies in every part of the ground. The Hawks simply cut through us like a hot knife through butter.
We are winging it right now.

Compare Shai Bolton (considered a prodigy) to Cumberland (ridiculed and hated) average game stats after just 3 season in the seniors. Cumberland is either ahead of Bolton or just behind on the metrics. And Bolton played in premiership years surrounded by quality.

Average goals
Cumberland 1.43 (23 games)
Bolton 0.67 (28 games).

Average Contested marks
Cumberland 0.43 (Considered lazy)
Bolton 0.31

Ave Frees Against
Cumberland 0.91 (considered ill disciplined)
Bolton 0.91

Goal Assists
Cumberland 0.58 (Considered selfish)
Bolton 0.71

Average 1%ers
Cumberland 0.74 (Considered lazy)
Bolton 0.98

Average Contested possessions
Cumberland 4.26
Bolton 5.32

Ave Tackles
Cumberland 2.17 (considered lacking defensive pressure)
Bolton 2.97

Cumberland’s first 9-games as part of a relatively dominant team was great … 19 goals in 9 games in 2022.

So give us the average of Cumbo v Bolton and anyone else from games 10-24.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yze effectively made him play CHF for most of the game, at 183cm with 24 games experience, in front of kozi.

The odds were against him from the first bounce. Like Sonsie being played on a hff when he is a midfielder.
So that’s the third coach who is to blame for his shitehouse performances?

Yeah I seem to be enjoying a week free of people:
  • alleging I'm not a proper supporter for daring to question Noah's elite footballing X-factor and ability
  • telling me that I'm dead wrong and time will be the telling factor in Noah revealing his unparalleled abilities
  • telling me I should be happy we won and what more could Noah do than kick goals, despite being beaten repeatedly and comprehensively in the air by Jordan Butts, following (understandably) being beaten comprehensively by Stewart the week before and Ridley, McGrath and Heppel the week before that.

If you just take it back to a really simple footy assessment, how often does he beat his direct opponent? He doesn't. That's why he will not make an AFL level footballer.

People can make all the excuses they want but there's a reason none of his senior coaches have rated him.

You were ridiculed for your idiotic criticism of the type of goals he kicked.

Your other criticisms are valid.

How do you tell the difference between looking sad or totally embarrassed?
Just on that I reckon he looked like that in game late in the third and knew he was probably coming off.
The 3/4 time siren went and a big blue broke out right where he was. They all got involved and he just dropped his head and ran off, had no interest.
Probs was feeling a bit embarrassed and done too I reckon.

You were ridiculed for your idiotic criticism of the type of goals he kicked.

Your other criticisms are valid.
Oh you mean my criticism of him getting out the back and not manning up an interceptor?

It’s the same criticism last week as this week. Look at his running patterns and leading patterns. He needs to focus on actually competing with and beating his man which I would argue he didn’t do despite kicking 3 last week (and foregoing another through indiscipline).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh you mean my criticism of him getting out the back and not manning up an interceptor?

It’s the same criticism last week as this week. Look at his running patterns and leading patterns. He needs to focus on actually competing with and beating his man which I would argue he didn’t do despite kicking 3 last week (and foregoing another through indiscipline).
Yup no issues if he wants to play behind and play goal side for some easy goals if the ball spills out that’s fine his but if that’s the route he goes it also means he also needs to impact in the air and make sure his direct man isn’t peeling off and marking everything

I don’t understand why Yze can’t give Cumbo a defensive role on the gun defender like Steve Morris did one game in the VFL and Cumbo crushed it

Cumbo looked so lost yesterday, he needs a direct role to focus on

Simple mind needs a need simple task
Lol. All I've read this season is that the shackles need to be taken off and his natural footballing ability will shine through.

Now he needs a defensive role again? Which one is it?

People say this bloke looked lost yesterday are wearing blinkers. The whole side looks lost. At one point HRS had it just outside 50 on a flank and we had a bloke loose inside 50. What did he do? Stopped, looked backwards and hand balled it to someone. Killed any flow.

We have zero flow, nothing. I think cumbo is a dud but the whole side is a ship lost at sea.
More like a sinking ship.

Interestingly he seems to play his best whenever Martin's not playing and Martin likely won't be here next year...:think:

Interestingly he seems to play his best whenever Martin's not playing and Martin likely won't be here next year...:think:
To be honest there is no second effort , once he loses a contest he is done , won’t name it , sorry Karp3_dm

Manning up and playing accountable football is a non-negotiable, Cumberland did neither and his direct opponent had free reign.

Lol. All I've read this season is that the shackles need to be taken off and his natural footballing ability will shine through.

Now he needs a defensive role again? Which one is it?
Well when the Opposition coach put their best attacking defender on Cumbo in the VFL earlier in the year Steve Morris gave him the task of stopping his influence and I reckon that helped Cumbo narrow his focus and he crushed the guy and then hurt him on the rebound

Now in the AFL he’s been on Stewart, Ridley and a mix of Scrimshaw and Sicily who are all at least 8cm taller than Cumbo. They’ve been way too good for him, a pigs arsewhole could see that. He was a lamb to the slaughter..

I wish we tried to give him the role to be the stopper which would’ve changed his focus completely and had much better impact on the match imo..

Well when the Opposition coach put their best attacking defender on Cumbo in the VFL earlier in the year Steve Morris gave him the task of stopping his influence and I reckon that helped Cumbo narrow his focus and he crushed the guy and then hurt him on the rebound

Now in the AFL he’s been on Stewart, Ridley and a mix of Scrimshaw and Sicily who are all at least 8cm taller than Cumbo. They’ve been way too good for him, a pigs arsewhole could see that. He was a lamb to the slaughter..

I wish we tried to give him the role to be the stopper which would’ve changed his focus completely and had much better impact on the match imo..
Graham Yallop likes this

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back