Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don’t understand why our small forwards can’t get any seperation as we move the ball thru wing and half forward.
Cumbo never seems to lead up to the kicker. Everything seems so hard entering 50. It’s not like they are slow
Always looking for the soft one behind the play

Really had hopes for this guy, but just can’t seem to get near it. Always appears to be a couple of metres away from play or madly chasing his opponent as they take the ball away from our forward half, but never actually catching them. Back end of 2022 he was hungry and commanding the ball - Last night he looked a long way off. Has had a good run in the firsts now, time to drop him back to the VFL to see if someone else can do better

...he took a nice mark.

Days are numbered I'm afraid. His attitude is shocking, like I can see he cares but he is more worried about his own performance rather than the teams. I get his career is on the line but being an individual isn't going to do him any favors.

So he's just a front runner?
Sadly that's partly why we've fallen so bad.

Graham, Kmac, short, Bolton, etc are all 'front runners' by your definition.

Played incredible well when led by Cotchin and Dimma, with generational talent like Martin, Rance and Riewoldt supporting them.

Now that the responsibility has fallen on these multiple time premiership players, we're dead last.

I can't ****ing stand how he goes to ground so easily when he's beat in the contest. Get up ya weak prick.
That’s been one of my biggest bugbears from day 1 with him even vfl days

I don’t think he does it on purpose but when he goes down he will act like it’s some season ending injury but will pop back on after a spell on the bench or even the next contest like everything’s fine

Meanwhile the play has continued and we have been left a player short because he’s on the ground carrying on like a soccer player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as bad as people make out to be.

He needs to be at a top 4 club, in their depth, as a sub, comes on and can do crazy damage.

Can't be at an 18th place club.
People should stop this revisionist 🐂 💩.

Creating scenarios where he would succeed and blaming external pressure, reminds me of the beginning of our decline in the 80s.

Time to face the truth, he had his chances and failed to grasp them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back