Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve always liked the kid, but after this brain fade I can no longer trust him that he won’t do something stupid like this again.

Just love the commentary ..... 'Oh no."

To think, some people were defending him after this!!!!
He literally comes from seven metes away to do it and had no right being there.
Just plain dumb!

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but with dusty retiring and Bolton likely leaving I think we should probably keep cumbo …. Losing 2 half forwards at once is enough. Give cumbo one more chance next year and see what he can do
His best is good, his worst is abhorent. It's probably 6 of 1 if we keep him or not

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but with dusty retiring and Bolton likely leaving I think we should probably keep cumbo …. Losing 2 half forwards at once is enough. Give cumbo one more chance next year and see what he can do
I think u r right ………… unpopular opinion.

If we need a medium forward/replacement then just draft that VFL guy. Davidson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to keep him mate and play him as sub for 10 games to get to 100, as his eight year old will likely be an absolute star, according to the Punt Road fortune tellers 😉
Just as well NIWL doesn’t have a son as we’d have to keep him on for 15 seasons to get to the ton based on the rate of games he plays 😝

Last edited:
If we move him on he will get picked up and he will kick regular goals at senior level. Weve ruined this kid, trying to turn him into something he’s not and in the process taking away his natural abilty to convert opportunities around goal

If we move him on he will get picked up and he will kick regular goals at senior level. Weve ruined this kid, trying to turn him into something he’s not and in the process taking away his natural abilty to convert opportunities around goal
That excuse has worn thin mate. There’s no excuse for not performing bc of trying to change or add another string to his bow. Accept it he’s a dud and will fail wherever he goes , but I think he’ll be going to country footy in Queensland if he’s lucky. He’s mentally weak if you’re right in your evaluation of him and won’t make it. He was initially a nice Cinderella story , but unfortunately remained as a pumpkin. 🎃

if he is delisted, it is what it is..
but would not be against another contract. Really on the fence with this one and leave it in the hands of the footy god's
Cumbo and Dow are the 2 decisions that will be played out with a wait and see what the club does.

That excuse has worn thin mate. There’s no excuse for not performing bc of trying to change or add another string to his bow. Accept it he’s a dud and will fail wherever he goes , but I think he’ll be going to country footy in Queensland if he’s lucky. He’s mentally weak if you’re right in your evaluation of him and won’t make it. He was initially a nice Cinderella story , but unfortunately remained as a pumpkin. 🎃
Time will tell. The kid had natural forward flair that we have crushed

He's the dumbest player I've ever seen, and I've seen Rhys Mathieson play

What a load of cobblers, he is a professional footballer in a professional environment.

The basic fact is, Cumberland is not very good!

He doesn't chase, tackle, mark or kick goals; all he does is guard space, Richmond has Samson Ryan for that!

What a load of cobblers, he is a professional footballer in a professional environment.

The basic fact is, Cumberland is not very good!

He doesn't chase, tackle, mark or kick goals; all he does is guard space, Richmond has Samson Ryan for that!
We have recently picked three players from Brisbane’s Academy. Will Martyn, Samson Ryan and NIWL and they’re all mentally and physically not at the standard.

The reality is that there is probably 500 players at local level like that as well but its the mental side of a players game that helps them elevate to be a pro.
It takes more than physical skill to make it or Sydney Stack would of played 300 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back