Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of cobblers, he is a professional footballer in a professional environment.

The basic fact is, Cumberland is not very good!

He doesn't chase, tackle, mark or kick goals; all he does is guard space, Richmond has Samson Ryan for that!
Short kicks long over Noah's head to his opponents, so effectively that Ridley was BOG in the EFC game. Short keeps his position Noah gets dropped.

Probably delisted too. Too much depth in the position with MRJ, Green, Campbell, all the mids who play forward. Can't have Prestia Hopper and Taranto in the middle. If they CANT drop them they play forward.

Short kicks long over Noah's head to his opponents, so effectively that Ridley was BOG in the EFC game. Short keeps his position Noah gets dropped.

Probably delisted too. Too much depth in the position with MRJ, Green, Campbell, all the mids who play forward. Can't have Prestia Hopper and Taranto in the middle. If they CANT drop them they play forward.

Yeah, but we gotta cram as many premiership players into the line-up as possible to keep up appearances and beat our chests, so Short and others stay.

Premiership experience is useless if you are four and five years past your best.

The reality is that there is probably 500 players at local level like that as well but its the mental side of a players game that helps them elevate to be a pro.
It takes more than physical skill to make it or Sydney Stack would of played 300 games
Disagree. There aren’t many (if any) small/mid size forwards in local footy capable of kicking multiple goals regularly at AFL level. There aren’t a whole lot in the AFL that can do it.

He was a very good shot at goal when we first got him. His kicking is terrible now.

I hope he gets a good run it somewhere and proves the doubters wrong.

I think next year is going to be a true make or break year for Noah. We all kind of thought it was this year but with all the outgoings, he very most likely signs on for 1 year instead of getting delisted. Very lucky considering how his year has gone.

If I were the club, I’d force him to stand next to Lambert the entire offseason and preseason. His footy IQ has to get better immediately or it’s game over for his career.

Yeah, but we gotta cram as many premiership players into the line-up as possible to keep up appearances and beat our chests, so Short and others stay.

Premiership experience is useless if you are four and five years past your best.
Not many Premiership players left

Reckon he might have been worth trying in defence. We have a heap of small forwards.Think he’ll get a game this week. Maybe a farewell game but he might pull something out of his hat :p
No second effort can you imagine that in defense ?

Reckon he might have been worth trying in defence. We have a heap of small forwards.Think he’ll get a game this week. Maybe a farewell game but he might pull something out of his hat :p
already got our lone depth small defender Smith, who looks OK. Rioli & Short not missing many games so, haven't had a good look at him.
He's also out of contract and in the delist danger zone. IMO. Rioli moving clubs be good for Smith

injury first and foremost. But staggering inability to have players in the VFL has now delivered a spoon. Yze had first hand experience of $milion dollar man Grundy playing VFL.

PLEASE bring it to punt road! !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did him dirty when we tried to wedge Cotchin into the forward line in his last year.
Maybe, but at the same time he’s also had his opportunity’s both last year and this year and failed to deliver

He will probably end up at a bush league earning some decent coin under the table kicking bags

I’d mount the case Ben Lennon had a better career and talent

I’d mount the case Ben Lennon had a better career and talent

Never forget going to the US and plonking myself down in a bar to watch Ben and his Utah teammates play.
The very first snap delivered to the punter is duly fumbled by Lennon and results in the ball being recovered by the opposition about 10m from the end zone.
Was like I'd never left the MCG or Punt Road.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a chance next year in the role dusty/ bolton had, that mid forward who can go into the square and move forward (and have others do the defensive running for them. If we said 'be free!' Would he be a player?! We have the room for him in that role now

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back