Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on. Everyone wants to find excuses for Noah, rather than seeing the painfully obvious truth that he is just not up to it
Early days I thought he had something to build on/develop but he just doesn’t seem to have built on his abilities…. Unfortunately for Noah….

Early days I thought he had something to build on/develop but he just doesn’t seem to have built on his abilities…. Unfortunately for Noah….
Agree, early days saw him as a potential gun, same as for Sydney Stack. Seems like when they were asked to be accountable, they just were unable to deliver - maybe largely a mental strength thing

Agree, early days saw him as a potential gun, same as for Sydney Stack. Seems like when they were asked to be accountable, they just were unable to deliver - maybe largely a mental strength thing
Understand what ur saying but for me I’d put Sydney Stack in a similar category to Shai or Dusty in that he needs to be given some license to produce his best footy. But a team can only carry so many of those and they are cherry on top players that win you GF…

I'm in the 'needs a proper chance' boat, instead of being told to run around applying pressure (clearly not his game, he's a goal-sneak), or being subbed on with 35m left to go when we're dead in the water anyway, like it makes a damned difference.

Beguiles me that Dow has been on the list 5 years, was given (gifted) 17 games this year and FMD looks like we'll be retaining him for 2025.

Never once have I seen Dow take a game by the scruff and just f'ing win it or at least damage another team.

Cumberland on the other hand - I was there for the 2022 Brisbane game and the fact that he didn't pinch a single Brownlow vote for jagging 5 goals and single-handedly keeping us anywhere within reach for half a game of football is why that award is such utter f'ing trash.

Give him a run on the back flank.
Just run past for a handball, run 20m, and drill it inside 50 to whomever may be in there.
He's got speed, a good kick...and this role requires bugger all brains.
Watch tapes of Bachar (who may have brains).
Richmond's backline next season
B. ......... Miller .......
HB ........ Balta Cumberland/Vlastuin/Banks/Short/Broad/Smith/Campbell/Blight/Treezie/Brown/Draftee 3/Draftee 4
Can never have enough HBFs.

HB ........ Balta Cumberland/Vlastuin/Banks/Short/Broad/Smith/Campbell/Blight/Treezie/Brown/Draftee 3/Draftee 4
Let him do it in the VFL way before any thought of doing it in the AFL. Better still. do it in the VFL until he runs into some form, then move him back to the forward line, in the VFL, with a bit of form and confidence. If he switches up and starts dominating games, see how he goes back in the AFL, as a forward. If he stays on the list, what is there to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just run past for a handball, run 20m, and drill it inside 50 to whomever may be in there.

only run he should be given is to his car when he’s told GTFO

I had the same thought and wondered if he could be tried as a Rioli replacement if he goes to GC. Do worry though that he goes AWOL in patches which could cost us in defence

Yep, I hear you.
Just trying to find a way to salvage something from the wreckage. I was thinking of the running back role Rioli plays, particularly the speed aspect. Not sure many others on that list have that, although they may have many other attributes Cumbo does not have.

I'm in the 'needs a proper chance' boat, instead of being told to run around applying pressure (clearly not his game, he's a goal-sneak), or being subbed on with 35m left to go when we're dead in the water anyway, like it makes a damned difference.

Beguiles me that Dow has been on the list 5 years, was given (gifted) 17 games this year and FMD looks like we'll be retaining him for 2025.

Never once have I seen Dow take a game by the scruff and just f'ing win it or at least damage another team.

Cumberland on the other hand - I was there for the 2022 Brisbane game and the fact that he didn't pinch a single Brownlow vote for jagging 5 goals and single-handedly keeping us anywhere within reach for half a game of football is why that award is such utter f'ing trash.
glad you see the upside, I see it too.

Yep, I hear you.
Just trying to find a way to salvage something from the wreckage. I was thinking of the running back role Rioli plays, particularly the speed aspect. Not sure many others on that list have that, although they may have many other attributes Cumbo does not have.
He’s done .. and it’s sad after a promising beginning!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back