Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Was never getting in after our last two rounds.

Same with Harry.

Very little reason is required to deny us.

How long have you all watched this and you haven’t clocked it yet?

Was never getting in after our last two rounds.

Same with Harry.

Very little reason is required to deny us.

How long have you all watched this and you haven’t clocked it yet?

Our blokes seem to need to do extraordinary things for extended periods to get any individual recognition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn had an incredible year but if Xerri couldn’t get in this year…..how’s he meant to get in any other year.
He’ll get better. Gawn won’t.

X will be helmet & shoulders above the rest moving forward.

Great year. Ripped off with no bench spot, but **** them.

He's on the Todd Goldstein path. First they give it to the brave veteran who had one last great year, they'll give it to 3 or 4 flavour of the month ruckmen as he continues to dominate, then he'll finally get one, and after that they'll immediately start ignoring his continued great work to give 6 or 7 in a row to the next young up and comer after him, as suddenly veteran status doesn't matter. yawn.

He's on the Todd Goldstein path.
It's funny you mention Todd being robbed. Gawn even made mention of a potato who was preferred over Goldstein in his formative years as a young Melbourne ruckman. For the life of me, I can't even remember what that guy's name was. Jacob? Jacobs?

Gawn may have gotten in this year but that will be his last.
Almost embarrassing coming back half cooked post injury just to get into the side.
Selfish campaigner.

I remember he took the mantle off Goldi in 2016 and its just as enjoyable to see X take it back off him now.
F*** him

Individual accolades would’ve been no comfort to the shitshow that this year has been.
They’re stiff but who cares, ultimately? I’d rather win a few games of football than sit here like an ibis every year going through the bin of our organisation wishing others would rate our players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Back