Remove this Banner Ad

To a point yes.
Richmond fans are adamant though
Bolton for 9+10
Rioli for 6+13
Baker+9 for 3
Graham for a early second.
Keep Dreaming Episode 1 GIF by UFC
5 first round picks for 3 players whose quality is such their team finished last. Only speculative at this stage of course, but strange times all the same

That's fair re Watson having other small forwards taking heat for him.

2025 will be interesting as teams put more time into the Hawthorn surprise players of this season.
Will have a much harder draw as well*

*we all know the AFL is FOS when it comes to anything to do with the draw, that why the team that finished 17th had the 6th hardest draw thiseasin

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said a lot last year RE: Watson so I won't say much more on how much I rated him. What I will say is that he was drafted AFL-ready, Duursma was not.

I've said this numerous times RE: Duursma, but he entered the comp 7-8kg off his playing weight with a poor endurance base. Nick Watson was drafted at ideal playing weight and his endurance base was going to keep him in good stead.

If Duursma can work on putting on some muscle and building his endurance base he's going to be a special player because he has everything else you want.

Most people who watched junior football last year are not surprised at how good Watson was this year because he was ready, similarly are they not surprised that Duursma didn't take like a duck to water.

There's really no reason to panic because nothing to this point has been a surprise based on where each player was at a year ago.

Last edited:
I said a lot last year RE: Watson so I won't say much more on how much I rated him. What I will say is that he was drafted AFL-ready, Duursma was not.

I've said this numerous times RE: Duursma, but he entered the comp 7-8kg off his playing weight with a poor endurance base. Nick Watson was drafted at ideal playing weight and his endurance base was going to keep him in good stead.

If Duursma can work on putting on some muscle and building his endurance base he's going to be a special player because he has everything else you want.

Most people who watched junior football last year are not surprised at how good Watson was this year because he was ready, similarly are they not surprised that Duursma didn't take like a duck to water.

There's really no reason to panic because nothing to this point has been a surprise based on where each player was at a year ago.
The obvious digression is Watto played a position we were in dire need of, and Duursma is a 190cm medium forward that may or may not transform into a Fyfe like midfielder...

We were/are in such a dire situation that Watto was the correct pick to make us better, quicker.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

To a point yes.
Richmond fans are adamant though
Bolton for 9+10
Rioli for 6+13
Baker+9 for 3
Graham for a early second.
Keep Dreaming Episode 1 GIF by UFC

Yes Rioli and Bolton are contracted hence the stupid requests... hopefully the offers aren't at those levels

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My fave player from another club. Wish we could give pick 2 for him……or Cadman. Both absolute jets, but Finn is exactly the mid that would suit us right now.
Suggesting this as a strawman - if Callaghan is the mid we really need, would GWS accept a swap of first round picks? That would still allow us to pick a decent key forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back