Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

“The body of work” argument is such bullshit that is used to keep this farce a subjective mate’s game.
Gawns inclusion is not the issue. Gawn had an awesome year too. I had this argument with my mate, on “Ruck” stats, Gawn has him. It could have gone either way. Its No Harry which is bulldust

If Gawn is the number one ruck, they won’t put another ruck on the bench.

If Gawn is the the number two ruck in a season, they will put two ruckman in the side.

Like the Norm Smith and Brownlow voted on by nuffies with less brain cells than fingers. At the point where there is no point caring.

Flag is the only thing of any significance in the comp.

I admire posters fighting the North Melbourne corner, BTH I'm finding it difficult to get too animated about none of our players making the AA side after we finished second last
It's BECAUSE we finished second last. These awards are the only possible positives to come out of the season.

signal-2024-08-30-10-17-47-425.jpg

Xerri has more tackles, hitouts, clearances, centre clearances, stoppage clearances. Obviously Gawn has more marks, less clangers etc but his "tap work" being at his age should be more efficient anyways? Clearly Xerri beats Gawn easy and then if you watch the cheating sook play it makes it even easier to see who has had the better year.

Gawn wasn't even in the top 10 ruckmans for most of the second part of the year. Give me a break lol

Last edited:
View attachment 2096377

Xerri has more tackles, hitouts, clearances, centre clearances, stoppage clearances. Obviously Gawn has more marks, less clangers etc but his "tap work" being at his age should be more efficient anyways?

If we are just going by stats and not by Watching Gawn and Xerri play.
Thats why its a 50/50 call. Gawn got the nod because as a ruckman its arguable he had a better year

I admire posters fighting the North Melbourne corner, BTH I'm finding it difficult to get too animated about none of our players making the AA side after we finished second last

West Coast had two and finished 16th. Plus it's for individuals.

The only reason I don't like Xerri captain is the eventuality that Sheez will be the perfect captain for us. Knifing him after 2-3 years of the job might be an awkward transition, especially if he loved the task/didn't want to relinquish.

That's even if he wants to be skip.
Have a member's referendum to implement a rule in the club constitution that sets a maximum of two years as captain, with the option to change the rule if anybody by the name of Harry Sheezel is elected.

Like the Norm Smith and Brownlow voted on by nuffies with less brain cells than fingers. At the point where there is no point caring.

Flag is the only thing of any significance in the comp.
I rate the Norm Smith Medal. Pretty special to be best on ground in a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dustin Martin had 29 disposals (1st for Richmond), 22 contested possessions (1st), 17 ground ball gets (1st), 9 score involvements (2nd), 6 clearances (2nd), 3 centre clearances (equal 1st), 2 goals (equal 2nd) 2 goal assists (equal 1st) and 83% disposal efficiency (3rd). Houli would have been a worthy recipient had the vote gone his way, but Martin's game was exceptional in both its quantity and quality.

Dustin Martin had 29 disposals (1st for Richmond), 22 contested possessions (1st), 17 ground ball gets (1st), 9 score involvements (2nd), 6 clearances (2nd), 3 centre clearances (equal 1st), 2 goals (equal 2nd) 2 goal assists (equal 1st) and 83% disposal efficiency (3rd). Houli would have been a worthy recipient had the vote gone his way, but Martin's game was exceptional in both its quantity and quality.
That is an extraordinary set of stats for a GF

Legit never understood the Houli arguments. He was very good, but Martin went superhuman in that game. Then he did it again in 2020. Hell of a ****ing player

Exactly. Facts.

That is an extraordinary set of stats for a GF

Dustin Martin's Grand Final Performances

2017 vs Adelaide (MCG)
Possessions: 29
Contested Possessions: 22
Disposal Efficiency: 83.0%
Shots on Goal: 4
Goals: 2
Behinds: 2
No Score: 0
Goal Accuracy: 50.0%
Tackles: 1
Goal Assists: 2
Score Involvements: 9

2019 vs GWS (MCG)
Possessions: 22
Contested Possessions: 12
Disposal Efficiency: 86.0%
Shots on Goal: 5
Goals: 4
Behinds: 0
No Score: 1
Goal Accuracy: 80.0%
Score Involvements: 8

2020 vs Geelong (Gabba)
Possessions: 21
Contested Possessions: 10
Disposal Efficiency: 67.0%
Tackles: 3
Goal Assists: 1

Total (average)
Possessions: 72 (24.0)
Contested Possessions: 44 (14.6)
Disposal Efficiency: 79.0%
Shots on Goal: 14 (4.6)
Goals: 10 (3.3)
Behinds: 2 (0.6)
No Score: 2 (0.6)
Goal Accuracy: 71.4%
Tackles: 5 (1.6)
Goal Assists: 5 (1.6)
Score Involvements: 26 (8.6)

Last edited:
Dustin Martin's Grand Final Performances

2017 vs Adelaide (MCG)
Possessions: 29
Contested Possessions: 22
Disposal Efficiency: 83.0%
Shots on Goal: 4
Goals: 2
Behinds: 2
No Score: 0
Goal Accuracy: 50.0%

2019 vs GWS (MCG)
Possessions: 22
Contested Possessions: 12
Disposal Efficiency: 86.0%
Score Involvements: 8

2020 vs Geelong (Gabba)
Possessions: 21
Contested Possessions: 10
Disposal Efficiency: 67.0%
Tackles: 3
Goal Assists: 1

Total (average)
Possessions: 72 (24.0)
Contested Possessions: 44 (14.6)
Disposal Efficiency: 79.0%
Shots on Goal: 14 (4.6)
Goals: 10 (3.3)
Behinds: 2 (0.6)
No Score: 2 (0.6)
Goal Accuracy: 71.4%
Tackles: 5 (1.6)
Goal Assists: 5 (1.6)
Score Involvements: 26 (8.6)

And this is relevant here because we think Xerri will be topping these GF numbers by the end of his career?

I think you'll find a greater correlation with club membership numbers. The AA is a popularity contest. Nothing more.
Actually, Xerri and Sheezel were in the AA team in the popular vote poll.
Xerri was on field ruck, and Sheezel was 9th most picked player of the 44.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Back