Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Better at playing for frees than souva
I reckon Bevo has them working pretty hard on the cheating tactics over at dogland. They throw, duck and dive like no team has done before them. often so blatantly it can be seen from the top deck, but Bevo is smart enough to know that the horizontal view of the umpires usually makes it difficult to see what actually occurred and they get away with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never in doubt, unreal season from Tristan and hopefully gets the nod in the team. That chase is still the best thing I’ve seen in years from this club.

IF ONLY, god forbid, if only 5-6 more of his team mates show the passion and application he shows every single week. We’d be out of the funk immediately. VC or C 2025.

That gritted-teeth chase down of Ryan from the centre circle, and the accompanying commentary ("the big ruckman, step for step, terrific stuff, Tristan Xerri, Shinboner stuff") is by far my favourite highlight of 2024. Well done X on a brilliant season.

Gotta say, he's a damn quick learner.

Even though he tackles anything and everything, the most pleasing part of his game improvement has been his contested marking. He is vice like now.

Highlight of the season.

Well done to X and a big well done to Monky.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Congratulation Tristan, it has been an amazing season from our killer ruckman. Deserves to make the final team ahead of Gawn.

Gotta say, he's a damn quick learner.

Even though he tackles anything and everything, the most pleasing part of his game improvement has been his contested marking. He is vice like now.

Highlight of the season.

Well done to X and a big well done to Monky.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The problem was always overblown on here imo. His first handful of games he dropped a few and that's what people latched on to.

The problem was always overblown on here imo. His first handful of games he dropped a few and that's what people latched on to.
That's true but now he's really starting to dominate those packs he competes in.

If he doesn't make AA this year I'm thinking bfd cos over the next three years (and longer) he'll be the best ruck in the comp.

That's true but now he's really starting to dominate those packs he competes in.

If he doesn't make AA this year I'm thinking bfd cos over the next three years (and longer) he'll be the best ruck in the comp.

I guess the worry is another ruck from a 'big club' coming from the clouds and having a breakout season which would automatically give him the edge over X even if his impact is lesser. We've seen interesting justifications in the past for certain inclusions so it's not without precedent.

AA is so media driven we need to take anything we can get atm.

If Monkey and other coaches have helped turn around X from a fringe player at best, to a genuine top 3 ruck in the competition……….dare we dream that CCJ is also a slow burn and comes out next year and also shows similar improvement? The big blokes always take longer to mature and develop. Would be very, very nice if this materialized where we have a more than decent back up ruck.
Got to want to succeed and have the desire for that to happen. Xerri was never going to die wondering. CCJ doesn't seem to have the same fire burning within.

I guess the worry is another ruck from a 'big club' coming from the clouds and having a breakout season which would automatically give him the edge over X even if his impact is lesser. We've seen interesting justifications in the past for certain inclusions so it's not without precedent.

AA is so media driven we need to take anything we can get atm.
Yeah .. then I think about it and think **** it. i just want our players to start playing like they mean it. X does so that's good enough for me.

I talked a lot of shit on this guy last year. So happy to be wrong. He's had a fantastic year and I am hoping that he goes all the way in the AA team. May he continue to set an example for his teammates next season and so on. Amazing work, X.

The olde bow “body of work”will come into play here on why neither of our players will be chosen. They always come up with some bullshit. However, Nick made it last yr albeit on the bench , so there is a small chance one of them will get in . If I was choosing they would both make it and here’s why the whole thing is bullshit. As the selectors favour who they barrack for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Back