List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Just ****in do something north
Really?

I would rather we did SFA.

Just a reminder of the stuff we do, when we do trades and stuff.

CCJ, Stephens, Fisher, Stevo, Howe, that short guy from the pies who couldn't play for shit, Greenwood, Bonar, Pink, Teakle, Jordie Gysberts, Ahern, Hrovat, .... I'm stopping now.... but not coz I've run out of names.

Yep, lazy, un-interested player that appears to be more interested in sitting on the list and getting the social media likes, and the social status that comes with being an AFL player.

Well he has only been offered one yr so if that's not a wake up call nothing else will. He has been afforded more opportunity given we are playing more mediums than most... expect him to be competing with durrs and bull for one spot if we get in a couple of smalls

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can’t wait to welcome the glorified stat merchant that is Jack Macrae.

Much prefer Luke Parker.
Both works.
No doubt Parker as a former captain in an elite system suits us better but macrae is elite and experienced our young guys need a bit of that.

Can’t wait to welcome the glorified stat merchant that is Jack Macrae.

Much prefer Luke Parker.
I'm not as keen as others on Macrae but at least he can hit a target by foot.
More keen on Parker for the leadership and mentoring and raising of standards at training etc.

I live in Perth. I've seen plenty of him. I interact with many Eagles Supporters.

Hes:
Grilled
Sautéed
Toasted
Boiled
Broiled
Microwaved
Seared

And any other word that isn't C****d

Eagles fans I know love Jack and what hes provided. But they'd rather offload him and get something, anything for him. Than the inevitability of him retiring at the end of next year and they get nothing.

This fantasy that he will come to North and provide some magic leadership and have a career dead cat bounce is ludicrous.

Hes not providing that at WC atm. So why would that change. Also this talk of "he played well against North this year" is also inane. Most people play well against North. North arent a bench mark. He is below average in every major statistic, except tackles. Even then hes only 0.1pg above Zurhaar.

But they aren't going to get anything for him, other than his salary off their books which not sure how that overly affects supporters!

And not sure we are looking for anything miraculous other than an improvement on what we have currently while we ease in our kpf... pretty simple really

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Really?

CCJ, Stephens, Fisher, Stevo, Howe, that short guy from the pies who couldn't play for shit, Greenwood, Bonar, Pink, Teakle, Jordie Gysberts, Ahern, Hrovat, .... I'm stopping now.... but not coz I've run out of names.
At least we appear to be trading for players that have at least won a flag unlike most of those.

Last edited:
Macrae only makes sense if:
  • It is a Bulldogs salary dump and we are getting a useful pick in return for picking up what would be his rather substantial salary for the next 3 years, AND
  • We do not manage to land Parker.
Our midfield is too slow on the spread as it is, Macrae is a plodder who would only exacerbate this problem. He also has no secondary position, can't hide him forward as he is next to useless. Would not be spending any draft capital on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• It is a Bulldogs salary dump and we are getting a useful pick in return for picking up what would be his rather substantial salary for the next 3 years, AND
Our midfield is too slow on the spread as it is, Macrae is a plodder who would only exacerbate this problem. He also has no secondary position, can't hide him forward as he is next to useless. Would not be spending any draft capital on him.
McRae = Polac

At least we appear to be trading for players that have at least won a flag like most of those.
Us joining the race for players is akin to Eddie the Eagle joining the ski jump competition at the Winter Olympics.

Saints = perennial underachievers on the road to nowhere fast with a boring af coach.

Kangas = Young team on the rise with a 4x premiership winning coach + Sheezel and Wardlaw.

I know who I'd be choosing if I was McRae.

700k is SFA when you're struggling to meet the salary cap floor mate

Really?

Quality Post. :stern look

The reference to his salary was more to emphasize the Bulldogs potentially having to shed it to free up their cap space for other purposes, and thus giving us a draft pick for taking it on.
Aint no way WB need to hand over a pick for an uninjured, 700k per annum Jackson Macrae though.

There'll be a few suitors.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back