Player Watch #39 Mate Colina

Remove this Banner Ad

how much could Yze, Batchelor, Newman, Rutten, Morris be costing? Caracella was a nice get but we still would have had soft cap room to find an equally impressive assistant to team up with him. Instead we decided to find another VFL coach and promote Morris. I think you would know by now i am aware there is a soft cap - but the guys in those roles over the past 5 years have been pretty unimpressive, untried & i would presume, cheap.

Our big recruit was Kosi. We haven't even been spoken about once to be sniffing around a significant free agency move & again, our cap issues must surely be under control with so many players departing. Caps across the board should be open. Normally when you are eating shit, but have cap and cash to splash - teams make moves. We, are not moving. We are actually "going"

Out of all Laura Kane's disastrous changes their was a hidden nugget of pure gold for us. Back in the day clubs only had to spend maximum 92.5% cap. It's been 95% for years now but only allowed to do for 2 years. It's now changed to 90% for 3 years.

AFL Salary Cap by Year: 2025: $17.8m 2026: $18.3m 2027: $18.4m

We can bank $1.78 + $1.83 + $1.84mil so $5.45mil plus Lynches $1.5mil contract ends next year so basically if we're scrooge mcducks we'll habe a $7million warchest at end of 2027 to throw at Tom Green and all the disgruntled FOLD Coast players p155ed off that Mac Andrew is making more than them like Noah Anderson? The clubs timing our bottoming out to perfection... we'll have 3 good cracks at the draft including this massive haul. It's bad business targeting more Taranto/ Hopper types. Especially pick wise. The club will hopefully be well positioned EOY 2027 as Tassie arrives with our core of our next premiership team all coming through together and cherry picked FA to fill any gaps. I pity the teams who will be bottom trying to rebuild when Tassie comes and am tipping it will be Geelong, Bombres and Saints in for years of misery finishing last and getting scraps as picks.

Surely we would've delisted this guy by now if we were going to. Perhaps we are asking AFL permission for another extension as a Cat B rookie?

My guess is that the club will announce all delistings at the one time; and with a few players likely to be in limbo until post trade period (due to draft picks = open list spots) it won’t be until closer to trade period conclusion that it will be announced.

Would be shocked if he isn’t delisted.

My guess is that the club will announce all delistings at the one time; and with a few players likely to be in limbo until post trade period (due to draft picks = open list spots) it won’t be until closer to trade period conclusion that it will be announced.

Would be shocked if he isn’t delisted.
Perhaps, but we've never done it like that before. There is always 2 or 3 guys cut straight after the season finishes.

I had a chat with him today.

He has signed a 1 year deal.

Will start preseason injury free for the first time.
Thought he might be hanging around. Is he still cat B?

Club obviously rates him as a prospect to give him another years despite not being able to get on the park in 2 years.

Colina and the snackpack in the one VFL side will be interesting...

And will dominate the running and time trials for a big guy and everyone will get excited until the matches start and then he won’t do much and we will be having these same discussions next year.

Will be 5x the player we saw in 2022 and even then he showed little glimpses. Not so much with ball in hand. I remain hopeful about this bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be 5x the player we saw in 2022 and even then he showed little glimpses. Not so much with ball in hand. I remain hopeful about this bloke.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

You enjoy making a fool of yourself on here. , lol. Let’s see you backed this bloke in at the start of the year and he’s played zero games at any level, then you kissed short on the nob and deleted half of your posts , then you supported Meehan only to embarrass yourself again and you’re on the Dusty bandwagon with another possible humiliating downfall for you.
Simple logic on your comment is basic Mathematics as five times the player of nothing is still nothing.

Last edited:
You enjoy making a fool of yourself on here. , lol. Let’s see you backed this bloke in at the start of the year and he’s played zero games at any level, then you kissed short on the nob and deleted half of your posts , then you supported Meehan only to embarrass yourself again and you’re on the Dusty bandwagon with another possible humiliating downfall for.
Simple logic on your comment is basic Mathematics as five times the player of nothing is still nothing.

Short, lol, wtf. Why make shit like that up?

You are determined to consume every available report in the Dustydrama. No shock there, you are the biggest purveyor of melodrama on this board. Chief gossip Tiger Imposter.

I haven't backed Meehan or Colina at all. In both cases I have counselled against your foolish habit of blaming or writing people off based on no real knowledge, al the time thinking you no better than people who are in a much better position to judge.

It is worth giving the tallest man on the planet the opportunity to fail. Or to succeed. If he succeeds, your will once again be confirmed as the biggest fool on the board.

I had a chat with him today.

He has signed a 1 year deal.

Will start preseason injury free for the first time.

giphy (8).gif

Wow being 6'10"+ is the AFL equivalent of being born a stunning blonde with beautiful green eyes and magnificent figure. If Samson Ryan and Colina were born 6" shorter they'd have to work for a living like the rest of us plebs. These 2 spuds must have a warped sense of the world gifted a decent living and college degree just for being tall.

Short, lol, wtf. Why make shit like that up?

You are determined to consume every available report in the Dustydrama. No shock there, you are the biggest purveyor of melodrama on this board. Chief gossip Tiger Imposter.

I haven't backed Meehan or Colina at all. In both cases I have counselled against your foolish habit of blaming or writing people off based on no real knowledge, al the time thinking you no better than people who are in a much better position to judge.

It is worth giving the tallest man on the planet the opportunity to fail. Or to succeed. If he succeeds, your will once again be confirmed as the biggest fool on the board.
Stick to the topic and stop being so over dramatic as you are just trolling or attention seeking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #39 Mate Colina

Remove this Banner Ad

Back