Expansion 3rd Western Australian club

Remove this Banner Ad

Well could you enlighten me the other teams that regularly fly 4,000 km each fortnight ?

NZ Warriors, Wellington Phoenix, PNG Hunters, Auckland Tuatara, Fiji Drua, Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, Mexico City Capitanes, a few teams in the Kontinental Hockey League. The Wolfpack were doing 11,000km round trips when they were active in the Super League.

NZ Warriors, Wellington Phoenix, PNG Hunters, Auckland Tuatara, Fiji Drua, Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, Mexico City Capitanes, a few teams in the Kontinental Hockey League. The Wolfpack were doing 11,000km round trips when they were active in the Super League.
Commercially or private? Honest question as I suspect most would be private jets but no real idea

Commercially or private? Honest question as I suspect most would be private jets but no real idea

I'm not going to look them all up, but the majority of those are poorer or lower leagues than the AFL. I can't imagine them regularly chartering flights in the A League, Australian Baseball League, Queensland Cup.

The Drua fly by Fiji Airways, the Wolfpack travelled by Air Transat. The Warriors have a story about how they travelled by private jet for a once-off final, meaning they fly commercially normally.

So from what I can find, no, the majority are not by private jets.

Well could you enlighten me the other professional teams that regularly fly 4,000 km each fortnight ?
That's an 8,000 km round trip,, each fortnight, no amateurs or university.

Basically the entirety of American sports teams in the NBA, NFL and MLB. Plus plenty of Australian and kiwi teams.
No. The NFL has 8 conferences of 4 teams. The MLB uses buses.
The only professional Australian teams that are separated by 4,000 km and have to fly regularly are W.A. teams.
N.Z. only fly half the distance.

Commercially. Even in the U.S.A. sporting private jets are not common.
The U.S.A. which is the same size as Australia is set up as conferences to reduce travelling as in NFL.
The MLB plays multiple games in each city stop and are famous for their "road trips".

I'm not going to look them all up, but the majority of those are poorer or lower leagues than the AFL.

Which we aren't really interested in, are we?

I can't imagine them regularly chartering flights in the A League, Australian Baseball League, Queensland Cup.

And the only applicable clubs that would fly regularly across the breadth of Australia are the Wildcats, the Heat AFL and AFLW clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion 3rd Western Australian club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back