Player Watch #4 Brodie Grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy 2.jpg

Player Profile:

Experienced ruckman Brodie Grundy joined the red and white after selection in the 2023 AFL Draft Trade Period. The two-time All Australian arrives having played 194 games across Collingwood and Melbourne and after debuting for Magpies in 2013 has gone on to feature in four finals campaigns, including the 2018 Grand Final. The 29-year-old, who cites Dean Cox as his football icon, will bolster a young side of ruckman in Lachlan McAndrew and Will Green.

DOB: 15/04/1994
Draft: 2012
Recruited From: Melbourne FC

Last edited:

Intelligent. Relaxed. Can laugh at himself. Quietly confident about his future. Chose Sydney over Port despite Port being close to home. Sydney was a better fit for his football according to him and his partner. Does not know many of the Swans players but thinks the synergy and playing with Tay will bring a smile to Swans supporters faces.
I like him already.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'A fresh start': Brodie Grundy says he's excited for a fresh start with Sydney after joining the Swans from Melbourne during this year's trade period (afl.com.au)

Bloody paywall.
Just a taste of the article..........

LM:The one big question about the move: Has your mum gotten over your decision to choose Sydney over Adelaide?

BG:
She’s pissed. She’s f***ing pissed. Honestly, family is a massive thing. My family is all still in Adelaide. And we were well-intentioned to have kids and set up our family there in Melbourne. When it became clear that wasn’t going to be an option, and that’s what I’m talking about these other aspects. It’s, ‘Okay, where do I want to play football?’.

I feel strongly about my alignment here at Sydney and that was a big enough push to want to come here. I told Mum and she was pretty direct in giving me that feedback. But she’s come around and now she’s sending me content on Sydney beaches and she’s loving it. She just wanted her not-so-little boy to come home. But yeah, that’s all good now.

Just a taste of the article..........

LM:The one big question about the move: Has your mum gotten over your decision to choose Sydney over Adelaide?

BG:
She’s pissed. She’s f***ing pissed. Honestly, family is a massive thing. My family is all still in Adelaide. And we were well-intentioned to have kids and set up our family there in Melbourne. When it became clear that wasn’t going to be an option, and that’s what I’m talking about these other aspects. It’s, ‘Okay, where do I want to play football?’.

I feel strongly about my alignment here at Sydney and that was a big enough push to want to come here. I told Mum and she was pretty direct in giving me that feedback. But she’s come around and now she’s sending me content on Sydney beaches and she’s loving it. She just wanted her not-so-little boy to come home. But yeah, that’s all good now.
Hope they've got a spare bedroom! Mum might discover that Sydney's a lot more fun than Adelaide! Good luck to them all.
When our youngest finished high school we said "cya" and moved overseas. 😆😆😆

Bloody paywall.
Download and use Epic Browser. I use Epic browser solely for Bigfooty and Theage and sites like that. It gets around a lot of paywall stuff automatically.
I use Brave for most of my online browsing. It doesn't track you.
I only use Google as a search engine because it has the best search engine. I don't use it outside of that because it tracks you and manipulates your searches and sells your identity to other parties.

Hope they've got a spare bedroom! Mum might discover that Sydney's a lot more fun than Adelaide! Good luck to them all.
When our youngest finished high school we said "cya" and moved overseas. 😆😆😆

Less likely to get murdered and thrown into a barrel in Sydney, though you would need an awfully big barrel to fit Grundy.

Download and use Epic Browser. I use Epic browser solely for Bigfooty and Theage and sites like that. It gets around a lot of paywall stuff automatically.
I use Brave for most of my online browsing. It doesn't track you.
I only use Google as a search engine because it has the best search engine. I don't use it outside of that because it tracks you and manipulates your searches and sells your identity to other parties.

Warning: Rant incoming

I recommend if people are interested in protecting their online privacy to at least read through the recommendations here.

The Best Privacy Tools, Services, and Ad-Free Recommendations - Privacy Guides

I wouldn't touch epic for a variety of reasons. (closed source, "Free" VPN,)

I'm also wary of brave because of their crypto scandal

If in doubt, go with Firefox (browser) and Ublock origin (A-d-blocker) + OISD Full (blocklist).

PS:The swear filter replaces A-dblocker with a bigfooty premium upgrade link.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Brodie Grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back