4 Corners (21/3/16) - Actual show at around pg 25

Remove this Banner Ad

I gotta agree with Lance on this. Hunter's parents actually have 'credibility' issues from a PR standpoint because they are involved in legal action against the club as well. This affords the opportunity for Timmy to be rolled out afterwards with a different spin on things.

Yes, it helps that Hal's mother isn't a human trafficker that deals heroin as a hobby, but let's calm down about her profession being fundamentally important.

As I have said, nobody running with Chip's James Hird quote that two current players were liars (and therefore also 'drug cheats') shows saga fatigue is very real.

It would take a fairly big bombshell to make it worth all of this completely baseless speculation.

4 Corners is a different audience than where the saga has normally resided.

It is the last thing that EFC need. This has potential to hurt them where they value most...community. Not scarf wearers, but drivers of community.

It will be interesting to see what tack the show actually takes, but if it is what seems the most obvious, Dr Hunter setting out how the EFC have, and are, royally shafting her young son....then it's a hammer blow to EFC.

Oh...and i think Timmy's done with being "rolled out".

Haha wtf. By calling her formidable you mean?

I'm certainly downplaying your credibility, you're losing it! Haha
No, by downplaying her credentials, trying to weave that in as if it's some kind of irrelevant thing.

She's an actual qualified scientist and would have a better idea of how clinical trials work than someone like Dank or anybody from the upper management in Essendon. She would have a much more informed perspective than most parents. Yet you are seemingly waving your hand in dismissal at the notion, hence the downplaying.

It is the last thing that EFC need. This has potential to hurt them where they value most...community. Not scarf wearers, but drivers of community.

It will be interesting to see what tack the show actually takes, but if it is what seems the most obvious, Dr Hunter setting out how the EFC have, and are, royally shafting her young son....then it's a hammer blow to EFC.

We'd have to first get our respective legal teams to argue and eventually agree to a working definition of what a 'hammer blow' exactly would entail, but I'll wager that it will not be.

They also tend to be producing and filming right up to the wire. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see some attempts at injunctions as the week develops.

True that m.o. - I wonder if the findings against Dank in the defo case (yesdee, more to come today, apparently) might make it in?

They oughtta, 'cos that 4 person jury hit more nails in one case than all the rest with megaphones have hit in 3+ years.

A rich harvest, those findings, if anyone with relevant responsibilities bothers to take notice.

Caro Meldrum Hanna. Did good work on this story for 730 - some of the infamous Danksy texts - early on.

Did the greyhounds stuff last year.

Its not going to be a Tracie Holmes style puff piece, that's for sure.

I don't believe it's an ABC/Fairfax JV, either, unlike some of the earlier stuff.

No, by downplaying her credentials, trying to weave that in as if it's some kind of irrelevant thing.

She's an actual qualified scientist and would have a better idea of how clinical trials work than someone like Dank or anybody from the upper management in Essendon. She would have a much more informed perspective than most parents. Yet you are seemingly waving your hand in dismissal at the notion, hence the downplaying.
but does she know how to use clinical trials so that they can be sued as tax breaks?

sorry Thrawn, I would argue that I didn't downplay anything about her credentials, rather I actually pointed out what they were and also called her formidable; but sometimes I just forget that you're the kind of guy that thinks all lawyers know all law and all doctors know all medicine.

My bad

We'd have to first get our respective legal teams to argue and eventually agree to a working definition of what a 'hammer blow' exactly would entail, but I'll wager that it will not be.

Being on the recieving end of a 4 Corners episode is the very meaning of a hammer blow in Australian life.

If Essendon have reached the depths that a hostile 4 Corners episode can be shrugged off, then f*** m*....they are cactus lol

This aint Footy Classified.

This is what the Linda Dessau's watch, not the FogDog's.

Guys like Xavier Campbell and others will be shaking in their boots.

Oh...and i think Timmy's done with being "rolled out".

Dr Melita Stevens, in fact. Chief Scientist @ Melbourne Water, and a range of other CV credits, like:

http://www.waterra.com.au/about-waterra/waterra-board/

I really hope she features, but the pending case might restrict her involvement.......?

Being on the recieving end of a 4 Corners episode is the very meaning of a hammer blow in Australian life.

If Essendon have reached the depths that a hostile 4 Corners episode can be shrugged off, then f*** m*....they are cactus lol

This aint Footy Classified.

This is what the Linda Dessau's watch, not the FogDog's.

Guys like Xavier Campbell and others will be shaking in their boots.

Campbell, Reid and the 1 or 2 remaining directors should have been f*cked off a long time ago. Sure they know where bodies are buried, but so do others that have been moved on. Essendon are really close to completing the needed sweep, but still stubbornly refuse to tie up the final loose ends.

It helps insulate them from exercises like 4 corners, as being able to say that not a single person of administrative importance is still there helps create distance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell, Reid and the 1 or 2 remaining directors should have been f*cked off a long time ago. Sure they know where bodies are buried, but so do others that have been moved on. Essendon are really close to completing the needed sweep, but still stubbornly refuse to tie up the final loose ends.

It helps insulate them from exercises like 4 corners, as being able to say that not a single person of administrative importance is still there helps create distance.
Maybe.

But "the club" is "the club" - no matter who is there.

It is always about "the club." :cool:

sorry Thrawn, I would argue that I didn't downplay anything about her credentials, rather I actually pointed out what they were and also called her formidable; but sometimes I just forget that you're the kind of guy that thinks all lawyers know all law and all doctors know all medicine.

My bad
No, I said she has a better idea about what a clinical trial involves than Dank and most of the the people at Essendon. That's a fact, and deliberately trying to strawman me doesn't change that.

Yeah, but they're trying to lift off that not high base.

A 4 Corners episode hitting you hard, if that is indeed what this episode is, is the last thing any body in Australia wants.

A 4 Corners expose carries more heft than years of Caro v Robbo articles.

When the 4 Corners audience watches and listens to the mother of an 18yo son, with the title Dr such n such Hunter displayed on screen, it will be impactful. There will be no clarification of what kind of Dr she is, and nor there should be.

It will just be an intelligent mother, with the prefix Dr on the screen, despairing on what the unapologetic and unscrupulous Essendon FC have, and are, putting her son through.

But maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves. Maybe it will be Mr Watson or Mr Browne giving more insightful insights about the Clubs actions being all hunky dory. Although i think those ships have well and truly sailed.

There's the element where from the outset there's ben rabid foamers like me happy to heap any horror, real or imagined on them.

But a lot of people reserved judgement, didn't pay close attention, and said they'd wait til they had their day in court.

Now they've had it, they've been done and those people just want it over.

But the Bombers persist with their marches and appeals. And people are getting sick of it.

Something like this has the potential to turn that sea of people against them long term.

Not god for sponsors etc.

There's the element where from the outset there's ben rabid foamers like me happy to heap any horror, real or imagined on them.

But a lot of people reserved judgement, didn't pay close attention, and said they'd wait til they had their day in court.

Now they've had it, they've been done and those people just want it over.

But the Bombers persist with their marches and appeals. And people are getting sick of it.

Something like this has the potential to turn that sea of people against them long term.

Not god for sponsors etc.
Hopefully the program next week shines a light on the dark arts of City Hall in addition to further reinforcing the utterly appalling behaviour emanating from those in power at EFC. Also it will be refreshing to hear the perspective of someone from within the walls of the EFC that is not towing the party line.

The game has suffered immeasurably in the last 3+ years, all at the feet of one club and one parent organisation hell-bent on burying the issue instead of doing what they are employed to do and properly manage the game.

Last edited:
Hopefully the program next week shines a light on the dark arts of City Hall in addition to further reinforcing the utterly appalling behaviour emanating from those in power at EFC.

Yeah, doubt the AFL will come out looking great.

People are kidding themselves if, despite not being formally recognised in the particular field, they don't think as soon as she became aware of what was going on, that she didn't begin educating herself and talking to people from the particular field. It's what Doctors tend to do if they have an interest in something.

She'll know what she's talking about if that's the way things go and if it is actually her that appears.

Remove this Banner Ad

4 Corners (21/3/16) - Actual show at around pg 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back