4 Corners (21/3/16) - Actual show at around pg 25

Remove this Banner Ad

AHPRA only started keeping records in 2010. I called them last week funnily enough to ask them for records for 2009.
AHPRA came into existence in 2010. Medical proceedings prior to this are with the individual state boards - although these cases are what are available via AHPRA website to a library type site.

El Paso is a border town, so it is in Texas USA and in Mexico
Does anyone else think that we will be able to save a lot of money in Brendan's movie by just reusing scenes from Dallas buyers club with Matthew McConaughey handing over the Peptide T sourced from Mexico in a shit hole $20 a night motel.
(Dallas will have make do for El Paso and people pretending to have AIDS for MD)

Questions for you hirdylloydy1 :
1. Why did Essendon say there were no more documents in court
2. Why did Essendon provide Hal's team seven documents this week, post court
3. Why did Essendon lie in court about no more documents
4. Which idiot decided to pursue costs against Hal, when the total cost of this must be 7 or 8 mill by now?
It is funny how in their statement regarding last nights show, EFC state that things have changed at the club since 2012, but they still can't manage documentation (you would think that everything given to ASADA would be neatly filed) and they still can't play the public relations game.

Last nights episode was totally avoidable if they had just given Hal the documents they had when he asked with a stat dec stating that was all they had.

As a public broadcaster the ABC are required to present balance and an offer to the EFC to present their side of the allegations would have happened. That they declined says more about the EFC than it does their 'genuine concern' about the playing group

Didn't I hear the "Essendon Football Club declined to answer questions" line?

So this is what journalism looks like before News Corp's integrity managers have their way with it?
Yes it does. And once upon a time, long, long ago there were many journalists that did this for a living. Now they mostly suck on a tentacle of the Murdoctopus and publish the Spew Corp party line.

If it wasn't pathetic before it is now. I don't get why they still think anyone is interested in their apologetica. They should go back to your own boards and seek out your own. Why they think they can still blow their fluff is beyond me.
It rally is astounding.

If it were my club I would want those responsible to be locked up.

All you get from the cool aid drinkers is "show me where we did anything wrong"

It blows my mind.

Taking a moment to calm down I agree it was one sided. It looked pretty damning with the revelations about HyperMed. Lucky it was just down the street. Hal Hunter came across as someone with genuine concerns and a need to find answers. But he must also take responsibility through tying himself to the group and not going alone. As a public broadcaster the ABC are required to present balance and an offer to the EFC to present their side of the allegations would have happened. That they declined says more about the EFC than it does their 'genuine concern' about the playing group
I can see an email from bruce to the abc claiming bias etc

Is Dank invincible or invisible? Seems to me that he's been criminally negligent on a number of occasions at a number of clubs. He seems to be in some legal phantom zone where nobody can touch him. How has he not been pursued over the Mannah incident? How has Essendon not gone after him if they asked for it all to be above board and it was found not to be? The lack of action from Essendon only seems to indicate that they know he will take a number of people down with him.

Is Dank invincible or invisible? Seems to me that he's been criminally negligent on a number of occasions at a number of clubs. He seems to be in some legal phantom zone where nobody can touch him. How has he not been pursued over the Mannah incident? How has Essendon not gone after him if they asked for it all to be above board and it was found not to be? The lack of action from Essendon only seems to indicate that they know he will take a number of people down with him.

Really is no other answer that makes sense. You can apply the same answer to the players.

couldn't agree more,

Everybody involved has lost their job and reputation.
No they havent
Finally people start to see tonight that the players are victims.
No they arent
Their lives have been hell for three years.
Maybe the ****ing club should do something about it then
A colleague in Sam Mitchell makes a joke of it. He's hailed like some kind of hero.
He told it straight, so yes he should be lauded
They're dragged through three years of bullshit and THEN given a year ban. The response is unbridled celebration at the ability to say "convicted drug cheat!!!"
Years of bullshit, again, blame the club
. All anybody wants to see is Jobe stripped of his Brownlow.
As he should be

Such as what?

Everybody involved has lost their job and reputation.

Finally people start to see tonight that the players are victims.

Their lives have been hell for three years.

A colleague in Sam Mitchell makes a joke of it. He's hailed like some kind of hero.

They're dragged through three years of bullshit and THEN given a year ban. The response is unbridled celebration at the ability to say "convicted drug cheat!!!"

Don't kid yourself, nobody gives a **** about Hal Hunter. All anybody wants to see is Jobe stripped of his Brownlow.

Not all players were victims, the majority were in on the whole thing just so they could compete with Hawthorn and Collingwood, they did a pretty bad job of it too since you know they failed to win a premiership. Jobe got a brownlow but at what cost ? He's a convicted drug cheat now.

Everyone is sick of the saga but this is Essendon's doing, they had the opportunity to own up and admit they did the wrong thing, could have had a quick Cronulla style punishment of a few games but chose to delay proceedings making the issue drag on for multiple years. Just think the Essendon 34* (those still active) could be preparing to play round 1 2016 right now... but thanks to false bravado they now have to wait a year.

Sam Mitchell told it like it was, everyone knew what Essendon were up to. Truth hurts you could say.

We're allowed to say convicted drug cheats because that's what they are! Truth hurts once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moronic. I never deflected. Never ever have. Did you not read that I acknowledge my club stuffed up?

People are calling for EFC supporters to stop supporting essendon. I simply said that I won't be. Where's my deflection?

You're just looking for an Internet argument because for some weird reason you get angry about this stuff.

Oh, and it was my bed time.

No what we are all saying but spin doctors is eseendon
Moronic. I never deflected. Never ever have. Did you not read that I acknowledge my club stuffed up?

People are calling for EFC supporters to stop supporting essendon. I simply said that I won't be. Where's my deflection?

You're just looking for an Internet argument because for some weird reason you get angry about this stuff.

Oh, and it was my bed time.

I still think and believe Essendon should be playing with 30 players on their list

No top up players ......why the bail out

Everyone is sick of the saga but this is Essendon's doing, they had the opportunity to own up and admit they did the wrong thing, could have had a quick Cronulla style punishment of a few games but chose to delay proceedings making the issue drag on for multiple years. Just think the Essendon 34* (those still active) could be preparing to play round 1 2016 right now... but thanks to false bravado they now have to wait a year.

Completely agree. If the players had been smart they would have gotten a few weeks suspension and the entire saga would have been over a year or two ago. Instead they were really stupid and arrogant and now they are suspended for a full year.

I think you need a coffee or something

No what we are all saying but spin doctors is eseendon

I still think and believe Essendon should be playing with 30 players on their list

No top up players ......why the bail out
Cos 20 goal losses will embarass afl,the teams playing efc twice are laughing already

Cos 20 goal losses will embarass afl,the teams playing efc twice are laughing already

Yes..precisely

And that means teams are far far less likely to cheat next time

Clubs now know if you cheat , get caught you'll still get 12 top up players

I look at what Essendon did and they cheated ..Lets not forgot that, you can argue who is to blame ....hey there has been 100 threads on it but the punishment wasn't severe enough in my eyes.

Hal hunter said he put on 10 kg of lean muscle in that doping period ....look at the advantage

We have an NRL PLAYER DIE from cancer that was accelerated from doping.........mate the punishment wasn't harsh enough.

Personally I would have suspended Essendon from the comp this year or make them play with 30 .......

Send the message that this isn't going to ever happen again.

Can anyone with a legal back ground explain why Essendon will not give him the list of what they injected him if they think they did nothing wrong?
Surely if they did nothing wrong they wouldn't have an issue of handing over what was injected.
Or the scarier thought is that they don't even know

Which ever way you look at it, it is an obscene situation. I work in an area that deals with research integrity. By law, anyone participating in a clinical trial has the right to know what they are being injected with, what its possible side effects are and what measures are being taken to minimise the risk to the participant. This is essentially what goes into a consent form. It has been established that Essendon were running an experimental program yet they cannot (or will not) provide any of the above. If this was a University or Medical Research Institute, there's every chance the institution would be banned from performing research involving human subjects.

By the way, this doesn't absolve the player's responsibility to understand what they are being injected with. Even if they were duped (for instance, they were told they were being injected with thymomodulin and instead were injected with TB4), they would still be banned. It would be too easy a loophole to exploit if players got off on the basis of being duped. They would then of course be free to sue their employer for the deceit. I reckon the fact the Essendon players didn't declare their thymosin injections on their declaration forms would probably rule out the deceit line of thinking though. Being ignorant isn't the same as being misinformed.

Remove this Banner Ad

4 Corners (21/3/16) - Actual show at around pg 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back