Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

If they demand access then we demand answers over the umpiring

If not pay the fine and tell em to stick it up their ass and rotate
Serious question, Why should we pay the fine? They strip draft picks from us? Ok, we will just not turn up to a game. In all honesty, the only power the AFL have over clubs are owning the trademarks. If a club decides not to do anything then the AFL is ****ed because all their broadcasting contracts are based on an 18 club competition and they would never put that at risk.

Seems like Chrissy Newman has some loose lips. Remember those two are very good mates, I think Fev even mentioned that Newman almost got him over to the Tigers once.

Seems like Chrissy Newman has some loose lips. Remember those two are very good mates, I think Fev even mentioned that Newman almost got him over to the Tigers once.
Are you buying this crap?

I’m guessing Dusty doesn’t give these assholes a second thought which, if it is the case, is fortunate for us because if he did read all the shit printed they would definitely drive him out of the game.

I could go on for thousands of words about the media and what it’s doing to our lives, our communities, our world. I won’t, but I’m glad Dusty is principled and gives these parasites nothing. They’ve treated him appallingly, considering all he has given everybody, they are getting all they deserve.

Afl is just about the moolah these days. The TV dollars are the only guiding force behind the game. AFL house bonuses based on how much money they can rake in… they dgaf about the sport, the fans, the players
Pretty much. Dillon laying the blame on the coaches for the umpires being instructed to not pay holding the ball - unless it helps swing the momentum back a certain way - says it all really. Completely and compulsively full of sh!t.

And to top it off, the arse licking AFL media don't call them out on their blatant bullsh!t. Seriously though, how dumb would you need to be to believe this garbage?

Last edited:
Could you imagine the press conference?

"Dusty, we know you were very close to your father. How do you think he would be feeling right now, knowing you are about to play your 300th game?"

"Dusty, with the current focus on violence against women, do you look back on the chopstick incident with regret and would you like to apologise now to the woman and all women in general?"

"Dusty, Gold Coast, Dimma blah blah..."

Could you imagine the press conference?

"Dusty, we know you were very close to your father. How do you think he would be feeling right now, knowing you are about to play your 300th game?"

"Dusty, with the current focus on violence against women, do you look back on the chopstick incident with regret and would you like to apologise now to the woman and all women in general?"

"Dusty, Gold Coast, Dimma blah blah..."
I think you may have erred on the side of underestimating their stupidity.

Guy asked where Fev got the info. If the info is reliable then it most likely came from Newman.
About as reliable as a $3 note I'm guessing.

Guy asked where Fev got the info. If the info is reliable then it most likely came from Newman.
Doubt Newman would even tell Fev any Dusty news. Why would Newman ruin his relationship with the club or Martin. I'm assuming he is professional

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey, it's a possibility..
just like there are 4 or 5 other possibility's.
Fev would be one of the last to know.
Carry on doing your own thing Dusty!
Yup, I couldn’t really give a **** at this point

Retire, continue playing with us or move on it’s all up to Dusty
For now I’m just going to enjoy and make the most of every time he puts on the yellow and black

No point not enjoying it because we are worried about what might happen

Not necessarily, most leaks come from player management and for instance IF it was true that would mean both Richmond and Gold Coast would know and if that was the case all the player management stables would know because of the salary cap impact it would have on both clubs

Newman would have nothing to gain by leaking the info and could possibly harm his chances to be a sr coach in the future so extremely unlikely it would be him

Serious question, Why should we pay the fine? They strip draft picks from us? Ok, we will just not turn up to a game. In all honesty, the only power the AFL have over clubs are owning the trademarks. If a club decides not to do anything then the AFL is ****ed because all their broadcasting contracts are based on an 18 club competition and they would never put that at risk.

Remember Fev has more mates than just Chris Newman, this is from Fev in 2021…

Fev said he used one of Daniel's Richmond teammates, Dustin Martin, as an example of what Daniel needed to do.

"I’ve got a best mate (Dustin) boxes with three days a week, seven o’clock at night, every single week. No-one would know that about Dusty but he does it because he knows it gets him fit.”

Last edited:
Preliminary Finals & Grand Finals

(averages in brackets)

Games: 7
Possessions: 154 (22.00)
Contested Possessions: 83 (11.85)
Clangers: 24 (3.42)
Clearances: 23 (3.28)
Marks: 21 (3.00)
Contested Marks: 7 (1.00)
Goals: 17 (2.42)
Goal Assists: 8 (1.14)
Tackles: 10 (1.42)
One Percenters: 11 (1.57)

Dusty averages 22 possessions & 2.42 goals per game in Preliminary Finals and Grand Finals combined.

Awesome record for a midfielder/forward.
I think his record across all finals games is pretty good and would be up there with the best of them. Compare him with the following (yes I know they play slightly different positions but all are noted finals players)

Dusty -
Games - 16
disposal - 20.19 avg
goals - 27 (1.69 avg)
Goal assists - 18 (1.13 avg)

Gary Ayres-
Games- 28
disposal- 16.43 avg
goals- 2

Luke Hodge-
Games- 25
disposal- 22.60
goals- 19 (0.76)
goal assists- 9

Joel Selwood -
Games - 40
Disposals - 23.08
Goals - 20 (0.5)
GA- 34

I’m guessing Dusty doesn’t give these assholes a second thought which, if it is the case, is fortunate for us because if he did read all the shit printed they would definitely drive him out of the game.

I could go on for thousands of words about the media and what it’s doing to our lives, our communities, our world. I won’t, but I’m glad Dusty is principled and gives these parasites nothing. They’ve treated him appallingly, considering all he has given everybody, they are getting all they deserve.
I agree. I doubt Martin reads a word, or watches a second of football related media. He seems an uber focused athlete. Coming back for another preseason at his age.

He's obviously extremely introverted is the reason he says 2 words after a flag win. 300 games is a player & club achievement. As a RFC fan I want to watch his highlights not listen to some painfully awkward interview he's obliged to do.
I caught a bit of Lloyd opining what Dusty should and shouldn't do for the 300th.

In this day and age, trying to make introverts like Buddy, do public stuff that don't want to, we end up with half a lap of honour. It tortures them. In this day an age of mental health.............

Last edited:
The thing about Dusty re talking to the media/ public speaking in general is that even if we was to front up it wouldn’t be that exciting anyway

I’ve been to a few footy club functions and he has been the speaker with Swanny and they are completely chalk and cheese
Swan would engage with the audience, hold the attention and tell some cracker stories where Dusty was pretty boring tbh

Even as a die hard tigers nuffie I found myself far more interested in what Swan had to say when he spoke purely because he had that charisma about him

Don’t get me wrong I love the bloke and what he’s achieved but he’s just not a performer like that
I’m sure all the AFL media are aware of this so I dunno why they push it so hard

The thing about Dusty re talking to the media/ public speaking in general is that even if we was to front up it wouldn’t be that exciting anyway

I’ve been to a few footy club functions and he has been the speaker with Swanny and they are completely chalk and cheese
Swan would engage with the audience, hold the attention and tell some cracker stories where Dusty was pretty boring tbh

Even as a die hard tigers nuffie I found myself far more interested in what Swan had to say when he spoke purely because he had that charisma about him

Don’t get me wrong I love the bloke and what he’s achieved but he’s just not a performer like that
I’m sure all the AFL media are aware of this so I dunno why they push it so hard
I remember that interview he did with Roo a couple of years ago on Fox Footy and you're right. He didn't say much and said nothing we already didn't really know. Just a ratings grab!

Doubt Newman would even tell Fev any Dusty news. Why would Newman ruin his relationship with the club or Martin. I'm assuming he is professional

Hard to believe he will retire after game 300. He’s on $1.4m this year, and the team has been decimated by injury.

If he retires the club won’t pay his full $1.4m, so is he really gonna leave $500k on the table and walk away ..? Talk is he’s invested and enjoying his footy so IF that’s true it makes no sense on any level he’d walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Club needs to get one of our doctors to diagnose him as an introvert and that doing media will affect his mental health. Then all the club needs to do is invoke the disabilities act and tell AFL to jam it.
I want the club to do a video of some of the lesser known players Dusty has played with over the years and their memories of him.
I love Dusty so much. He is the most under appreciated GOAT of a professional sport in world history. He owes us nothing let alone the media.

Fev is part of morning FM radio show who is trying to gain attention and ratings to compete against Kyle and Jackie O. Of course, he will mention Martin for his own benefit and attract attention. It worked.
It works because suckers continue to fall for it.

Over and over and over.

How many times have rumours been put out in the media about Dusty leaving Richmond ? Hundreds over the last 15 years ? At least.

And how many times has Dusty left Richmond actually ? None.

Dusty has proven to be a most loyal servant to the Club and yet nuffies with nfi continue to slander him and anyone associated with him with innuendo, lies, rumours and any bs they can come up with to feather their own nests.

Brendan Fevola - I mean seriously.

Here's a thought....WAIT to see what happens THEN make a comment. At least you won't look like an ass (unless of course your career has been mounted on you making yourself look like an ass).

If there was any accountability in the media or online then the big mouths would shut their gobs and report on actual events. Reporter - it's in the name.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back