Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club needs to get one of our doctors to diagnose him as an introvert and that doing media will affect his mental health. Then all the club needs to do is invoke the disabilities act and tell AFL to jam it.
I want the club to do a video of some of the lesser known players Dusty has played with over the years and their memories of him.
I love Dusty so much. He is the most under appreciated GOAT of a professional sport in world history. He owes us nothing let alone the media.

Something which I've noticed a lot on this forum especially in the past 5 years (and currently) is the amount of doubt or negative comments Dusty gets from some opposition posters.

For a guy that's won:

3x Premiership Player
4x All Australian
1x Brownlow Medal
1x AFLPA MVP (Leigh Matthews Trophy)
1x AFLCA Player of the Year
2x Richmond Best & Fairest
3x Norm Smith Medals
3x AFLCA Gary Ayres Award

He seems, for whatever reason cop it a lot.

Something which I've noticed a lot on this forum especially in the past 5 years (and currently) is the amount of doubt or negative comments Dusty gets from some opposition posters.

For a guy that's won:

3x Premiership Player
4x All Australian
1x Brownlow Medal
3x Norm Smith Medals

its because He lets his footy do the talking and not a run of the mill modern day footy w***er that are more concerned with their image and Instagram followers. Just gets it done on the park, no fuss, no fanfare

its because He lets his footy do the talking and not a run of the mill modern day footy w***er that are more concerned with their image and Instagram followers. Just gets it done on the park, no fuss, no fanfare

Not to mention the oppo supporters who rubbish him are just so pissed that we got him to play for us and they didn’t.

Just heard from a reliable source that after Dusty plays his 300th game, he will play his 301st game!!!!! Take from that what you will! But my sources are always on the money!! 😎 Dusty’s been on the move ever since we drafted him, game 100.. still a Tiger, game 200.. still a Tiger, game 250… still a Tiger.. game 300.. still a Tiger.. let’s go for another 2 years and make 350.. STILL A TIGER!! 🐯

Serious question, Why should we pay the fine? They strip draft picks from us? Ok, we will just not turn up to a game. In all honesty, the only power the AFL have over clubs are owning the trademarks. If a club decides not to do anything then the AFL is ****ed because all their broadcasting contracts are based on an 18 club competition and they would never put that at risk.

Seems like Chrissy Newman has some loose lips. Remember those two are very good mates, I think Fev even mentioned that Newman almost got him over to the Tigers once.
Newman and Fev were Narre mates growing up, not sure if they still are but I would guarantee Newman is taking the pi55 if he'd leaked some information, as you do when you're clowning around and Fev would be just desperate or dumb enough to run with it for some Clickety clicks.

If I was Dusty I'd either go on Talking Tigers or have a little pow wow and only invite Richo, Hungry, Cotchin and if there's any journalist he trusts. Let it be filmed and released to the media. I'd see Dr Howlong and get a Dr note saying that Dusty is exempt from further media duties due to mental illness...... if 100 players are exempt from drug testing, I'm sure his note would stand up. At the end of the day that's his workplace and by law he deserves to be consulted about his health and safety and mental well-being whilst at work. Forcing him to be thrown to muck raking bullies breaches the AFL's duty of care to an employee. Dusty signed his contract in 2017, prior to this nonsense TV rights deal. Regardless, the law trumps any stupid agreement the AFL has put in place. Breaching this is a severe penalty

The Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (OHS Act)
Duties employers owe to employees
Protection from harm in the workplace
Employers have a duty to protect the health and safety of employees while at work by providing and maintaining a working environment that is safe and without risks to health.

Consultation
Employers must consult with employees, as far as is reasonably practicable, on issues that may directly affect employees' health and safety, especially when:
proposing changes to how work is done..... I'm sure Dusty wasn't consulted personally on these new media requirements. This has put undue pressure on him and could result in a detrimental effect on his safety and well-being. Dil, Laura Kane the lot of them trying to enforce this are liable to potential financial penalties. Dusty could take a bad turn as a result of the forced pressure of these pack of hyenas looking for their pound of flesh.

Category

Offence

Maximum penalties

(a) the person has a health and safety duty;

(b) the person, without reasonable excuse, engages in conduct that exposes an individual to a risk of death or serious injury or illness; and

(c) the person is reckless as to the risk of death or serious injury or illness.

Individual (PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $600,000 or 5 years imprisonment or both

Individual (not a PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $300,000 or 5 years imprisonment or both

Body corporate: $3,000,000

(b) the person fails to comply with that duty; and

(c) the failure exposes an individual to a risk of death or serious injury or illness.

Individual (PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $300,000

Individual (not a PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $150,000

Body corporate: $1,500,000

(a) the person has a health and safety duty; and

(b) the person fails to comply with that duty.

Individual (PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $100,000

Individual (not a PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $50,000

Body corporate: $500,000

chrome_screenshot_1716968462443.png

If I was Dusty I'd either go on Talking Tigers or have a little pow wow and only invite Richo, Hungry, Cotchin and if there's any journalist he trusts. Let it be filmed and released to the media. I'd see Dr Howlong and get a Dr note saying that Dusty is exempt from further media duties due to mental illness...... if 100 players are exempt from drug testing, I'm sure his note would stand up. At the end of the day that's his workplace and by law he deserves to be consulted about his health and safety and mental well-being whilst at work. Forcing him to be thrown to muck raking bullies breaches the AFL's duty of care to an employee. Dusty signed his contract in 2017, prior to this nonsense TV rights deal. Regardless, the law trumps any stupid agreement the AFL has put in place. Breaching this is a severe penalty

The Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (OHS Act)
Duties employers owe to employees
Protection from harm in the workplace
Employers have a duty to protect the health and safety of employees while at work by providing and maintaining a working environment that is safe and without risks to health.

Consultation
Employers must consult with employees, as far as is reasonably practicable, on issues that may directly affect employees' health and safety, especially when:
proposing changes to how work is done..... I'm sure Dusty wasn't consulted personally on these new media requirements. This has put undue pressure on him and could result in a detrimental effect on his safety and well-being. Dil, Laura Kane the lot of them trying to enforce this are liable to potential financial penalties. Dusty could take a bad turn as a result of the forced pressure of these pack of hyenas looking for their pound of flesh.

Category

Offence

Maximum penalties

(b) the person, without reasonable excuse, engages in conduct that exposes an individual to a risk of death or serious injury or illness; and

(c) the person is reckless as to the risk of death or serious injury or illness.

Individual (PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $600,000 or 5 years imprisonment or both

Individual (not a PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $300,000 or 5 years imprisonment or both

Body corporate: $3,000,000

(b) the person fails to comply with that duty; and

(c) the failure exposes an individual to a risk of death or serious injury or illness.

Individual (PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $300,000

Individual (not a PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $150,000

Body corporate: $1,500,000

(a) the person has a health and safety duty; and

(b) the person fails to comply with that duty.

Individual (PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $100,000

Individual (not a PCBU or officer of a PCBU): $50,000

Body corporate: $500,000

View attachment 2004079
I love this post. Unfortunately the only thing the AFL respect is power. Going and negotiating with them is a waste of time. Unless you invoke the law the club has no leverage.

For a guy that's won:

3x Premiership Player
4x All Australian
1x Brownlow Medal
3x Norm Smith Medals

Pure jealousy. And unbelievable stupidity. Next level stuff there.

For a guy that's won:

3x Premiership Player
4x All Australian
1x Brownlow Medal
3x Norm Smith Medals

They hate him cos they aint him.

I love this post. Unfortunately the only thing the AFL respect is power. Going and negotiating with them is a waste of time. Unless you invoke the law the club has no leverage.

A person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) has a primary duty of care to ensure the health and safety of workers while they are at work in the business or undertaking and others who may be affected by the carrying out of work, such as visitors. I guarantee you Dusty isn't a HSR and wasn't properly consulted on the changes much less agreed to them Even if he did.... I felt threatened, no longer feel safe (words people need to voice should they defend themselves at 3am against some scumbag trying to pinch your stuff, means the law is on your side).

Brendan Gale is a qualified lawyer. Peggy O'Neil is a lawyer. Michael Green (team of the century resting ruckman) owns Greens List one of the leading barristers' firms at the Victorian Bar. I think Punt Rd, are fully aware they're holding the ace of trumps. The AFL and their journos are all bluff and false bravado. The law of the land is on Team Dusty. With all the changes to Industrial manslaughter and culpability enforcement. Directives from CEO's and management now means their arse is in the sling too, not just the AFL entity. They aren't gonna fine us Jack💩.

For a guy that's won:

3x Premiership Player
4x All Australian
1x Brownlow Medal
3x Norm Smith Medals

I can guarantee you that every one of those Oppo posters would give their left nut to have had him play for their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newman and Fev were Narre mates growing up, not sure if they still are but I would guarantee Newman is taking the pi55 if he'd leaked some information, as you do when you're clowning around and Fev would be just desperate or dumb enough to run with it for some Clickety clicks.
Clown being the operative word

I think his record across all finals games is pretty good and would be up there with the best of them. Compare him with the following (yes I know they play slightly different positions but all are noted finals players)

Dusty -
Games - 16
disposal - 20.19 avg
goals - 27 (1.69 avg)
Goal assists - 18 (1.13 avg)

Gary Ayres-
Games- 28
disposal- 16.43 avg
goals- 2

Luke Hodge-
Games- 25
disposal- 22.60
goals- 19 (0.76)
goal assists- 9

Joel Selwood -
Games - 40
Disposals - 23.08
Goals - 20 (0.5)
GA- 34

One player who gets forgotten about sometimes is Andrew McLeod.
His finals record:

Games: 22
Disposals: 19.23
Goals: 23 (1.04)
Goal Assist: 6

Goal Assists weren't recorded as a stat until 2003

But McLeod's record in Finals Footy stacks up well - 2-time Norm Smith medallists too, 1997 & 1998.

A good media thing would be to be with his mates in pub like he did with Dane Swan about 6 years ago. It was a really good interview/Media appearance from Martin as he was relaxed playing pool and chatting with a mate.

Goal of the year would be a pretty nice medal to add to his collection. Would have a few already if finals goals counted, so stupid that they don’t.
Cotchin's against Geelong in the 2017 QF was goal of the year by a mile (no disrespect to Dan Rioli).

Attacked the contest at speed, ridiculously clean pick-up in the midst of a 360 spin, and a left foot snap from 40 out. Just a joke how good it was.

Imo the best goals from the 17-20 team were as follows:

1. Dustys 4th goal in the 2020 GF shrugging off Danger.

2. Dustys 2018 QF goal on the boundary against the hawks

3. Cotchins 2017 QF goal.

Anybody have better ones I may have missed?
**** the noise when he kicked this was insane

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back