Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

The second last sentence in the Kornes article is:

“The further discussion to this is – is it the right thing for Gold Coast to recruit Dustin Martin next year? I would say a firm no if this is what’s going to go on at Gold Coast what’s gone on at Richmond this year.”

I believe the club know he's going there as it's all too odd for me.

The second last sentence in the Kornes article is:

“The further discussion to this is – is it the right thing for Gold Coast to recruit Dustin Martin next year? I would say a firm no if this is what’s going to go on at Gold Coast what’s gone on at Richmond this year.”

I believe the club know he's going there as it's all too odd for me.

If Dusty is heading to Gold Coast, why does he want to play there....is it only the Dimma factor? Why does he (if true) want to leave Richmond? Does he not like it at Punt Road anymore? Not like Yze? Not like that the club is now in rebuild mode? Any other reason(s)?

Last edited:
If Dusty is heading to Gold Coast, why does he want to play there....is it only the Dimma factor? Why does he (if true) want to leave Richmond? Does he not like it at Punt Road anymore? Not like Yze? Not like thst the club is now in rebuild mode? Any other reason(s)?
Pretty well all of the above and maybe retiring their in the future.

Say what you will but when the young cubs needed him most he wasn’t there. Cornes is right about him and Yze. I could give a **** about his 3 Norm Smiths when you can pick and choose when you want to play. Might not be close to Adem but has treated him and the club like shit this season.
don't know how much of this circus involves Yze, get the feeling he is just a observer from the sideline.
He would be just waiting till the end of season for it all to end.
Say what you will but when the young cubs needed him most he wasn’t there.
will add.. reading this did make me stop and think.
it pains me to say, but I think your correct and that hurts to say.

If dusty tells another club I’ll play for you next year but only if you pay me 1 million a year then we would get a first round pick for him right?
Need a 2-year contract minimum to qualify for any kind of free agency compensation

If Dusty is heading to Gold Coast, why does he want to play there....is it only the Dimma factor? Why does he (if true) want to leave Richmond? Does he not like it at Punt Road anymore? Not like Yze? Not like thst the club is now in rebuild mode? Any other reason(s)?
Brady went to Tampa Bay, won a Super Bowl, proving that he is the undisputed GOAT.

I have no idea if Dusty is going, but if he does and wins a premiership, it would be a legendary way to end his playing career.

I have no idea if Dusty is going, but if he does and wins a premiership, it would be a legendary way to end his playing career.
Gold Coast will never win a flag.

If Dusty was fit to play he’d be on the ground with the team. We don’t have his medical records or insight into his situation. I don’t know what Cane has said, frankly not interested tbh. I’ve seen enough of him to know he shoots off at the mouth with simplistic explanations about things concerning footy and especially when it comes to RFC. Happy to be patient and wait for the club to work things through with Dustin…. I believe he’s earned it.

If Dusty is heading to Gold Coast, why does he want to play there....is it only the Dimma factor? Why does he (if true) want to leave Richmond? Does he not like it at Punt Road anymore? Not like Yze? Not like that the club is now in rebuild mode? Any other reason(s)?
He looks finished to me , I wouldn’t be putting a new contract on the table

Martin probably does not want to go through a re build mode at this point of his career.

Suns don't need him in the line up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know it, he knows it and the club needs to know it - a beautiful partnership is over. Time for Dynasty mark 2 to start without baggage
Yep maybe Dusty feels that way. I think he is checked out for lots of reasons and his body is failing him and the team is last and all his friends are gone. I reckon when that happens it’s hard to warm to the new coach or feel good about the club generally no matter what.

Apparently gone, Tom Morris said he hasn’t warmed to Yze’s coaching. Blokes generally got good mail.
Considering what he is getting paid, I would expect him to be an example for the rookies in the team.

Say what you will but when the young cubs needed him most he wasn’t there. Cornes is right about him and Yze. I could give a **** about his 3 Norm Smiths when you can pick and choose when you want to play. Might not be close to Adem but has treated him and the club like shit this season.

You’re making the mistake of basing your opinion on what you’ve heard in the media.

Martin is weighing up his future and it’s proving a heavy burden to carry - Yze has made mention of this many times .. we’ve assumed he’s talking about Baker, but it’s probably Martin also. How do you know Yze and the club didn’t tell him to travel to NZ while his back was playing up to clear his head and get some clarity from family to see if that helps him with his decision ?

You’re assuming Martin instigated the NZ trip, but did he?

That’s right, we don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’re making the mistake of basing your opinion on what you’ve heard in the media.

Martin is weighing up his future and it’s proving a heavy burden to carry - Yze has made mention of this many times .. we’ve assumed he’s talking about Baker, but it’s probably Martin also. How do you know Yze and the club didn’t tell him to travel to NZ while his back was playing up to clear his head and get some clarity from family to see if that helps him with his decision ?

You’re assuming Martin instigated the NZ trip, but did he?

That’s right, we don’t know.

good points..just want a decision, what ever way he decides.
bloody announce already!

It does feel like it's coming to an end, and if so then I'd prefer to know sooner rather than later. A simple joint statement from the club and player is all that is needed. No press conference required. Statement says all the right things, and leaves the door ajar for Dusty to continue somewhere else.

• The RFC and Dusty have agreed to part ways at the end of the 2024 season.
  • Dusty will always be a legend of the RFC, and we thank him for his immense contribution over his career, including blah blah blah
  • Dusty is considering his AFL future and will make an announcement at the appropriate time.
  • Both parties are forever grateful blah blah blah and wish each other blah blah blah.

If that shit is true, Tom Morris is basically implying the club has major issues internally

You’d have to be some kind of dog to feed shit like that to this grubby campaigner

Get your popcorn ready folks, it’s about to get real ****ing feral in here

It does feel like it's coming to an end, and if so then I'd prefer to know sooner rather than later. A simple joint statement from the club and player is all that is needed. No press conference required. Statement says all the right things, and leaves the door ajar for Dusty to continue somewhere else.

• The RFC and Dusty have agreed to part ways at the end of the 2024 season.
  • Dusty will always be a legend of the RFC, and we thank him for his immense contribution over his career, including blah blah blah
  • Dusty is considering his AFL future and will make an announcement at the appropriate time.
  • Both parties are forever grateful blah blah blah and wish each other blah blah blah.
Too much common sense in this post

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back