Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

This annoys me even more tbh. If he did that to save his body for GC that’s not dog anymore that’s wolf.

What evidence is there he lied to the club? And what would it matter anyway?

He wouldn't have needed to lie. He could have just said I feel like I want to move to the Suns to play out my days there and it would have been happily arranged by Richmond. In fact this is probably exactly what did happen.

Or he could have not been sure of anything other than he didn't see the point of carrying on at Richmond and wanted time to decide if he wanted to try his luck elsewhere, again, the club would very obviously have been happy to accommodate this.

Dimma probably met him and said Suns can't afford to pay you much, Dusty probably said I am not worried about that at all, but don't want Richmond come out of it with nothing. Dimma probably said don't worry about that, the 2 cubs will sort something out where everyone is happy.

No MR, everyone will not be happy. I certainly won’t be. He said he was retiring. If he goes back on his word it will be a huge slap in the face to us Tiger fans.

Not to mention all the retirement merchandise that he would have got a cut of. Sold under false pretences. It’s deceitful.

What makes you think the club would be happy about any of it? Yes he helped deliver 3 flags but that doesn’t entitle him to make us all look like fools. I can’t understand why he would want to prove the media were right all along. I am extremely disappointed in him.

No MR, everyone will not be happy. I certainly won’t be. He said he was retiring. If he goes back on his word it will be a huge slap in the face to us Tiger fans.

Not to mention all the retirement merchandise that he would have got a cut of. Sold under false pretences. It’s deceitful.

What makes you think the club would be happy about any of it? Yes he helped deliver 3 flags but that doesn’t entitle him to make us all look like fools. I can’t understand why he would want to prove the media were right all along. I am extremely disappointed in him.
I can't imagine Gale being happy with the false pretences. Most fans bought the retirement merchandise assuming he had retired from AFL.

Martin should've been transparent with the fans. The club has always supported him throughout his career especially with the bad press and never forced him to attend press conference.

Freddy you are my all-time favourite poster, more favoured than all my other all-time favourites. :hearteyes: So I would never like to upset you.

This is the way I see it. Right back to the start, Hardwick. The club clearly doesn't feel majorly aggrieved by anything he has done because they are happily dealing with his team to release Rioli to them, presumably on favourable terms to Richmond.

Go back further, the club had a sensible policy that if a player or anyone else gets a better offer from elsewhere, and you want to go, come and chat to us, we will try to get you to where you want to go and all the best.

So Vickery, Deledio, Butler, Ellis, Higgins, Markov etc etc left, as did Caracella, and other assistants, and ultimately Burge, Innes, all the way up to Peggy and Brendan. Cain Liddle went to Blues as their CEO. Chol, Coleman-Jones, the list just goes on and on. The club has shown it wouldn't hold anyone back against their wishes. No doubt this is something that makes Richmond FC an appealing employer.

Every single person who played any real part in our flags has been treated with dignity and according to their own wishes.

Dusty has said and demonstrated over and over and over he loves the club. There is no reason for him to do anything two faced. He has so many great relationships with people at Richmond. He is an unrestricted Free Agent, he can leave to where he wants to go, for any deal he agrees to and nobody can tell him otherwise. That is his right. What possible reason would he have to deceive Richmond over this? A cut of 300 game merchandise? It could not be worth anywhere near enough to be worth him doing that. It is also not worth Gold Coast or Hardwick being involved in any deceipt against Richmond. They are for example trying to get a long contracted player who could be vital to their first flag tilt out of Punt Road. And they need to deal with Richmond ongoing. And other clubs.

Richmond, or specifically Balir Hartley, has clearly spoken to certain players with trade or free agency value at some point in 2024 and said we won't push you but if you fancy going somewhere else, then if we can get the right deal and it suits you, we are open to it. And these are the clubs we feel we can potentially get the right deals from...Eagles, Fremantle, Suns.

Dusty is a huge legacy player. The club clearly wanted him to be a 300 game player for Richmond so they made it happen. We know Blair keeps his own counsel. Dusty will have almost certainly told Blair whatever his true thoughts were at the time. Blair has likely had to have a chat with his Suns counterpart about it at some point, and of course Dusty would have been in talks witht hem as well. And this is how Schwartz has caught wind of it.

If Richmond wanted Dusty to say publicly he had decided to play for the Suns in 2025, then I am sure that is what he would have said. For whatever reason, maybe just to do with the big occasions of his 300th and Dusty and Grimes and Marlion being sent off by Richmond fans, the club has not wanted that announced.

Dusty wouldn't care about proving the media right or wrong, he has never played that game. He has just made a decision he feels is right for him. He has obviously informed someone or a small number of people about it, because it:

A) got out, and
B) did not get out with enough confirmation for most people to believe it.

I am willing to bet he informed Blair Hartley very early on in the piece in order to assist Richmond with its planning. And he has clearly informed the Suns because they needed to know as well, for the same reason.

It is not some huge deceipt. Dusty has not come out and made public statements this year along the lines of he would never play anywhere else. At least not that I am aware of. If Dusty wants to play for another club then it is for the best for Richmond that he does not play for Richmond. The club is focussed on a part of its future now that Dusty is just too old to play a meaningful part in. And how could we possibly wish him anything but the best at the Suns? It is Dusty.

I know you will be mad with me, but those are my thoughts. :)

Freddy you are my all-time favourite poster, more favoured than all my other all-time favourites. :hearteyes: So I would never like to upset you.

This is the way I see it. Right back to the start, Hardwick. The club clearly doesn't feel majorly aggrieved by anything he has done because they are happily dealing with his team to release Rioli to them, presumably on favourable terms to Richmond.

Go back further, the club had a sensible policy that if a player or anyone else gets a better offer from elsewhere, and you want to go, come and chat to us, we will try to get you to where you want to go and all the best.

So Vickery, Deledio, Butler, Ellis, Higgins, Markov etc etc left, as did Caracella, and other assistants, and ultimately Burge, Innes, all the way up to Peggy and Brendan. Cain Liddle went to Blues as their CEO. Chol, Coleman-Jones, the list just goes on and on. The club has shown it wouldn't hold anyone back against their wishes. No doubt this is something that makes Richmond FC an appealing employer.

Every single person who played any real part in our flags has been treated with dignity and according to their own wishes.

Dusty has said and demonstrated over and over and over he loves the club. There is no reason for him to do anything two faced. He has so many great relationships with people at Richmond. He is an unrestricted Free Agent, he can leave to where he wants to go, for any deal he agrees to and nobody can tell him otherwise. That is his right. What possible reason would he have to deceive Richmond over this? A cut of 300 game merchandise? It could not be worth anywhere near enough to be worth him doing that. It is also not worth Gold Coast or Hardwick being involved in any deceipt against Richmond. They are for example trying to get a long contracted player who could be vital to their first flag tilt out of Punt Road. And they need to deal with Richmond ongoing. And other clubs.

Richmond, or specifically Balir Hartley, has clearly spoken to certain players with trade or free agency value at some point in 2024 and said we won't push you but if you fancy going somewhere else, then if we can get the right deal and it suits you, we are open to it. And these are the clubs we feel we can potentially get the right deals from...Eagles, Fremantle, Suns.

Dusty is a huge legacy player. The club clearly wanted him to be a 300 game player for Richmond so they made it happen. We know Blair keeps his own counsel. Dusty will have almost certainly told Blair whatever his true thoughts were at the time. Blair has likely had to have a chat with his Suns counterpart about it at some point, and of course Dusty would have been in talks witht hem as well. And this is how Schwartz has caught wind of it.

If Richmond wanted Dusty to say publicly he had decided to play for the Suns in 2025, then I am sure that is what he would have said. For whatever reason, maybe just to do with the big occasions of his 300th and Dusty and Grimes and Marlion being sent off by Richmond fans, the club has not wanted that announced.

Dusty wouldn't care about proving the media right or wrong, he has never played that game. He has just made a decision he feels is right for him. He has obviously informed someone or a small number of people about it, because it:

A) got out, and

I am willing to bet he informed Blair Hartley very early on in the piece in order to assist Richmond with its planning. And he has clearly informed the Suns because they needed to know as well, for the same reason.

It is not some huge deceipt. Dusty has not come out and made public statements this year along the lines of he would never play anywhere else. At least not that I am aware of. If Dusty wants to play for another club then it is for the best for Richmond that he does not play for Richmond. The club is focussed on a part of its future now that Dusty is just too old to play a meaningful part in. And how could we possibly wish him anything but the best at the Suns? It is Dusty.

The fact that he is confirmed to be talking to GC means he has already made idiots out of all of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont blame Dusty, this is on Hardwick, he has been in Rioli's ear & now Dusty & convinced them to change there loyalty when we have been kicked in the guts. Hardwick is the F***in traitor. Hopefully the Suns fail to win a GF why Hardwick is there.

Hardwick has no ****ing integrity. **** him. I don't just hope they fail to win a flag, I hope they fold like every other plastic club that tried to set up shop there.

We paid Dusty a ****ing lot of money this year to be checked out. I don't have a problem with that if in his mind he should have retired one year earlier and his heart was not in it. I owe him that much. But if his heart is suddenly back in it at another club, that will really **** me off and make me question his integrity too.

Dusty is a rat now you say.

Lol.

A man provides a magnificent feast for all, but grabs a sneaky sandwich on his way out the door he is a thief I suppose? Your need for attention is getting the better of you TI. Take a chill pill, enjoy the 2024 NAB AFL Richmond Draft, and thank the very Lord you are a Tiger supporter. :)
IMG_0456.gif

I'm glad we have so many draft picks this year as I really want to move on from the era team. Don't mind if dusty plays for them. For us he was a liability and was holding a kid out of the team, and next year we will all have lots of shiny new toys for Yze to play with.

A) got out, and

No I am not mad at you MR. You are entitled to your opinion. We will just have to agree to disagree.

If he goes there I can only imagine the ridicule we will cop from oppo supporters on the main board. That’ll be fun, NOT.

No I am not mad at you MR. You are entitled to your opinion. We will just have to agree to disagree.

If he goes there I can only imagine the ridicule we will cop from oppo supporters on the main board. That’ll be fun, NOT.

It is largely due to Dusty we can now easily withstand any ridicule the main board wants to throw at us, and return fire with missiles they struggle to withstand themselves. It is only opposition supporters doing their traditional job trying desperately to make us feel bad about being Richmond supporters. If they step into that arena throwing rocks at us, they can fully expect to have plenty thrown back at them. :)

Ok, some points here. He has retired. He's not under contract. Richmond isn't paying him. The rules have changed around what Dustin can potentially do after what Mal Michael did all those years ago. Martin can't sign anywhere this season. Why? Please see below.

GXVl530awAA6hZQ.png

We all know Dusty's recent potential (2023 season) and that he is pretty banged up from 2024. Talks are on with the Suntanners. Fairly risky for Dumma's uncooked club.

How might this play out to the benefit of Richmond for future value? Could the Dusty trade be primarily concerned with Richmond getting the best deal for the Rioli trade? Dust may or may not play. We have no accurate up to date health and fitness report on him. "Training the house down" is not believable.

Rioli certainly will play. Seems like this way, all other clubs are shut out of this transaction.

No one has any accurate clue, whisper or report as to what the Tiges want for the Rioli trade. No one has gone to media with what might be offered for Rioli and Dusty. Only, at this stage, Richmond, Suntanned club and the CFL have not yet leaked unhappiness with the process.

This suggests that the major players are on board with proceedings. It also suggests that like all things AFL, this whole process didn't just butt cloth in the last week. The talk may have started last year or earlier.

I rail on a fair bit at Pumpkin Head particularly with regard to the accuracy of "scoops". If Dusty plays for the Suntanners, PH's brand for being on the money, early, grows significantly. The Ox, will have first class tickets on this train.

Whether Tigers fans (me included) like it or not, the weight challenged person who identifies as "Lady" has lyrically expressed closure to the Benny Gale rebuild that built and sailed 3 ships. The Ubers have been booked and picked up most all of the guests.

Morro moz mate of mine spotted dusty at nobbys surf club last night , might be worth checking in with your contacts who he was with 😗
5 minutes up the road, actually suprised I havent heard this yet.

Half the suns players live in this pocket, but I havent heard of him ever hanging with any of them. He does have a few NRL mates here.

he is going to make more money if he stays retired from merch than if he goes to gold coat for a cheap pay day

he could sell merch for the next 30 years easily but if he goes to the gold campaigners for a cheap pay day that merch money dries up immediately

Ok, some points here. He has retired. He's not under contract. Richmond isn't paying him. The rules have changed around what Dustin can potentially do after what Mal Michael did all those years ago. Martin can't sign anywhere this season. Why? Please see below.

View attachment 2111520
lmao as if the cfl wont bend the rules for the team they own gold coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back