Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yellow Pages Not Happy Jan GIF

Dusty should have said straight up he's going to the fold coast.

Thanks for the flags and memories Dusty, no thanks for the shady transfer to gc.

How many people spent their hard earned on overpriced retirement merch then get burned by this?

The merch is still worth something if you're able to not be so emotionally upset about the whole situation and see the merch for what it is - quality merch. The merch signifies his time at Richmond....he's a champion of the club.

End of story. Move on.

This is exactly like the Mal Michael retirement move, where he retired then signed on to Essendon and Brisbane didn't get compensation.

Massive kick to the groin of the club.

Dusty is a legend, always will be. Doesn't mean you can't criticise the exit and how it's been orchestrated.

Getting sick of the ''3 flags mantra.'' - ah well they got us three flags they can do what what they want (so Dimma is all good to f*&k us over then?). Same goes for the ah well we won 3 flags doesn't matter if we just had our worst season of all time. Hope the Club doesn't think like this, got to continue to be ruthless and try to be the best.
I’d love to know if he told anyone at the club that he was planning on moving to the GC. Ice cold move if he didn’t. And I agree that it’s a pretty shitty way to treat the fans and club members. Ice cold. But we all know he doesn’t play the media game and keeps his cards close to his chest.

Exactly.

We have no ownership of the players, even champions we put on pedestals. They owe us nothing.
I understand your point of view but I think you're missing the point of why people are pissed off and rightfully so, it's not the fact he wants a change, it's the bullshit retirement talk. And all the shit that comes with it, just be up front with the club and then the fans, even the staunchest dusty sycophant would have a hard time to justify some of the things he's done this year. This is the straw that will break a lot of backs.

Deception and hypocrisy are bitter pills to swallow.

I disagree that they owe us nothing line too. .. With us fans there is no ****ing club or league or competition. They actually owe us a lot. Has dusty paid his debt? Absolutely, but if he follows through with this plan, he's gone about it poorly and has been ill advised.

Dusty is a legend and he’s been a fantastic servant of the club

But also the club has been good and loyal to him and stood by him in time when he was being attacked in the media and taken great care of him

I’m reserving judgement, honesty I find it almost impossible to believe

But if . . . and there are some big “ifs” here . . . but if someone was to retire, then go and play elsewhere, and effectively deny his former club compensation, all at a time when his club was languishing at the bottom of the ladder . . .

If

If someone was to do that it would be a very low act and an act unworthy of a club legend

It's all a bit strange really. I'd like to know when Dusty or his manager reached out to Gold Coast.

Did he want to get away and has made his decision on reflection while away? - which is different to deciding through the year that he wants to join them.

From what the GC said, I get the feeling that they have told him that the only way it could possibly work is if he walks for free. I don't belief it's something that has just come up suddenly.

I was laughed at a couple of months ago when I said
6,13 & 20 for Rioli and we pay his wages and throw a bunch of later picks back for Lombard points.
Gloves off, we should demand that now.

And only the picks left over from any deal we do with Brisbane for their 1st rounder.

6 & 13 at an absolute minimum now for Rioli - no late picks thrown back.

Dusty is a legend, always will be. Doesn't mean you can't criticise the exit and how it's been orchestrated.

Getting sick of the ''3 flags mantra.'' - ah well they got us three flags they can do what what they want (so Dimma is all good to f*&k us over then?). Same goes for the ah well we won 3 flags doesn't matter if we just had our worst season of all time. Hope the Club doesn't think like this, got to continue to be ruthless and try to be the best.
He was a free agent why not just say he wanted to play for the Suns? why retire, it's like he took plaudits & took the easy route to get out the Tigers.

It's a bad way of doing things that's just my two cents who really cares but hey knowing it's us he will probably kick 6 goals on us when we play them than we will see what some of the ppl think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a free agent why not just say he wanted to play for the Suns? why retire, it's like he took plaudits & took the easy route to get out the Tigers.

It's a bad way of doing things that's just my two cents who really cares but hey knowing it's us he will probably kick 6 goals on us when we play them than we will see what some of the ppl think.
Might be me trying to be overly optimistic but he may of simply changed his mind re his retirement people can be funny creatures and tend to change their mind on a lot of things all the time

Not everything needs to be a pre meditated move

As an aside the club better set up a Judas table at the Jack Dyer medal night

Baker, Rioli, Bolton and Dusty all on the table together with no one else

They get all meals served last, don’t get the meal they ordered, also forced to drink warm cans of beer

It’s funny because it’s true.🤣🤣😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back