Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

When Martin put off contract talks months ago and Dimma spoke sheepishly whenever Martin was mentioned, I commented that it seemed a done deal he was heading to GC in 2025.

Nearly every poster proceeded to educate me on how Martin wasn’t interested in making new friends, he had nothing to gain by moving, he was a ‘Tiger for Life’ blah blah.

Any talk that this wasn’t basically a done deal early in the 2024 season is BS. When Schwarz came out months ago and said the 2-year deal was done and not even in debate, it’s clear now that’s exactly what was in play.

Any talk of ‘change of heart’ or renewed enthusiasm bringing him out of retirement is absolute BS. Martin, Dimma and Carr have known for at least 6-months he’d be playing for the GC in 2025. Don’t be naive to think this isn’t the case.

FWIW.. I don’t actually care if he continues on at GC and I hope he wins a 4th NS whilst we are out of contention. He’s a professional footballer and has every right to ply his trade wherever he wants. IMO Moving clubs doesn’t change his legacy at RFC.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

if Dusty goes to the Suns there is no way the cfl would let the game be played at the G , they would be scared of the Booing not to mention the Tigs may have a chance to win.
The CFL boy's club definately don't want that!

"Geelong gave up No.19 and a second-round selection in next year's NAB AFL Draft in exchange for Ablett, No.24 and Gold Coast's fourth-round selection next season."

That was the Gary Ablett jnr trade. We're gonna get nothing for Dusty and it appears this was orchestrated long ago. CEO Evans says they've been in ongoing dialogue. The whole thing stinks and seems to me was all a charade to fleece stupid punters out of their hard earned to buy $60 tshirts that were made for $5 and whatnot. I know he had a crook back and was in a putrid team that couldn't deliver him the pill but when he was on like the Essendon game he looked like 90% vintage Dusty. Wouldn't be surprised with no Meehan, warm weather and lightened workload if he's got another 3 years in him.

If this was a ‘done deal’ months ago as many people are claiming, why would Dusty let the club sell retirement merchandise knowing he was not really retiring? That is just downright deceitful and ripping people off.

I am appalled by this and if it is true, he has really gone down in my estimations. No integrity whatsoever. Same as Hardwick.

If this was a ‘done deal’ months ago as many people are claiming, why would Dusty let the club sell retirement merchandise knowing he was not really retiring? That is just downright deceitful and ripping people off.

I am appalled by this and if it is true, he has really gone down in my estimations. No integrity whatsoever. Same as Hardwick.
Mate it was Schwartz said it two months it was a done deal , Rioli was done to , all this bs what that campaigner Dumma said they were just friends catching up for a beer , like **** off think we are all stupid

Nellie Melba, John Farnham, Kiss, Motley Crue, Deep Purple had 45 farewell tours each lol. They don't give a sh1t about their fans mate it's the almighty dollar. You reckon if a swiftie knocked on her door and said I've spent $50k on your slop the last 10 years, times are tough could you spare $10 for something to eat..... she'd have security grab them in a headlock in seconds. Don't idolise these people. You'll only be disappointed 🤣🤣🤣

This whole thing has been orchestrated by the AFL.
Dimma to GC was a done deal over the summer of 2022.
Dusty to GC was a done deal early in 2024.

If anyone thinks anything different, they’ve got rocks in their head.

Why? GCS sponsorships and memberships and then the TV money. It’s always about the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Hardwick and Dusty have left, as well as all the poaching from Dimma is easily the worst premeditated thing that has happened to the club in my life time. And I can remember the 80s.

At least Brad Ottens leaving was honest and up front.

And at least the debt in the late 80s was just mismanagement.

At least the stand rule was from outsiders.

I can only think of 3 premeditated things that are worse.

1) The AFL folding Fitzroy.
2) Essendon drug saga
3) What Carey did to North.

Like that band on The Smashing Pumpkins doco Viewphoria there is a band on there that takes the piss and one of the lyrics is
"We only play for money
We don't give a **** about the fans"

Imagine if fans had the same mindset and did not give a ****?

CFL boy's club in liquidation.

Think about it.

Question - Is Martin's lacerated kidney fair game to be 'tested' out by our players in round zero next year?
I f**king hope so. Bury him every time he touches the ball. If he lines up for the plastics he's just another opposition c**ksucker.

Question - Is Martin's lacerated kidney fair game to be 'tested' out by our players in round zero next year?

We’ve been kicked from Opening Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back