Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's true though isn't it? He's doesn't owe us anything.
Of course it's true. For dusty and for any footballer for that matter. It's still going to leave a sour taste watching him run around for a plastic afl franchise.

He will ultimately be remembered for the glory years and I guess he has to maximise his income from his footy career.

It's sad to think he's wanted out for so long. These rumours have swirled around him for years and they clearly had validity.

No I am not mad at you MR. You are entitled to your opinion. We will just have to agree to disagree.

If he goes there I can only imagine the ridicule we will cop from oppo supporters on the main board. That’ll be fun, NOT.
Who gives a fook about oppo supporters .....those dumb campaigners wish they had 3 flags in 4 years ...every fooking last one of them ...what can those pissants say that could upset you ?

I have no issue with Dusty trying to make some extra money at GC. He owes us absolutely nothing and I am happy he can earn more because he was not paid nearly his full value at our club. Without Dusty we would have never won 3 flags.

Disagree with him not being paid his full value. He was on a very nice wicket when he had to sit out with injuries, and then everything with his old man. 7 year multimillion dollar contract that he only played essentially 5 years of. Was very well remunerated by the club.

How long till dumma bails on him a 2nd time
i know youve just signed your contract, can I get the pen back, cheers, but im pretty burned out from this hectic bohemian lifestyle i lead outside of the footy bubble so im leaving to totally never coach again all the best in your footy career at the suns justin.

It’ll be no different to what happened with Luke hodge and every other player that’s done the same

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No, no difference, other than Dusty lying and treating us all as fools, unless you believe that he genuinely retired and had a quick change of heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All true, the only thing I would say is he owed/s us the same respect we gave and give him, if this has been preplanned, there is no respect in the way he has conducted himself.
A legend of the club, always.
Will this tarnish his legacy, for some mabey not, for me, yes.
Oh please mate. Respect? He played in 3 flags, won 3 Norm Smiths and a Brownlow…single handedly dragged us to the 2020 cup…..but he owes you respect? Hahahahaha.
Two of my grandkids have already seen him play both on telly and in person. The older one (she’s 5) always yells out ‘Dusty! Dusty!’ when she sees him on the tv.

Now, if he goes, how do I explain to her that yes he did retire but now he’d rather play for another team?
It’s really not hard. He wants to live in QLD, play for Dimma, enjoy the sunshine.

Regardless of how everyone feels about the current situation, let's all just try and put emotions aside for a moment (or at any other time) and be thankful for what he contributed to the RFC. Seriously.

He will always be a Richmond legend based on his contribution to the club and achievements. No one will be able to take that away from him irrespective if some people want to boo him (if he plays at Gold Coast) or abuse him or pot him.

His place is assured at RFC.

Oh please mate. Respect? He played in 3 flags, won 3 Norm Smiths and a Brownlow…single handedly dragged us to the 2020 cup…..but he owes you respect? Hahahahaha.

It’s really not hard. He wants to live in QLD, play for Dimma, enjoy the sunshine.
All of sudden, suns is the destination club

Yes he does, because I believed fully in him and everything he said and did. I supported him to the hilt, but I suppose that not worth anything either is it

It’ll be no different to what happened with Luke hodge and every other player that’s done the same

Hodge was different. Hawthorn no longer wanted him. Same with Chapman and Johnson at Geelong.

He may not owe us anything but perhaps a bit of honesty mightn’t have gone astray.
Spot on. Show a bit of class and be upfront about it. The way this is going he looks like he's completely full of sh!t, just like Hardwick.

The fact that he is confirmed to be talking to GC means he has already made idiots out of all of us.

Why get so upset? He’s a professional footballer who is 33yo and in the last year of his contract, and for any number of reasons he no longer enjoyed playing for Richmond under Yze. All his mates were gone. His 13y coach he saw as a father figure was gone. His mentor in Cotch was gone.

So he has decided to explore continuing his career as a professional footballer … the ONLY thing he’s qualified to do … for another team.

He fulfilled his end of the bargain as a contracted Richmond player about as well as anyone in history ever has for their team.

I wish him well and couldn’t give 2 sh*ts as to the exact timeline of events with Dimma or Gold Coast. He gave me more joy as a football fan than I ever thought was possible and if he wants to spend his twilight years plying his trade at GC, who I am to not wish him well? I don’t own him and he owes me nothing.

Each to their own. Good luck Dusty!

Why get so upset? He’s a professional footballer who is 33yo and in the last year of his contract, and for any number of reasons he no longer enjoyed playing for Richmond under Yze. All his mates were gone. His 13y coach he saw as a father figure was gone. His mentor in Cotch was gone.

So he has decided to explore continuing his career as a professional footballer … the ONLY thing he’s qualified to do … for another team.

He fulfilled his end of the bargain as a contracted Richmond player about as well as anyone in history ever has for their team.

I wish him well and couldn’t give 2 sh*ts as to the exact timeline of events with Dimma or Gold Coast. He gave me more joy as a football fan than I ever thought was possible and if he wants to spend his twilight years plying his trade at GC, who I am to not wish him well? I don’t own him and he owes me nothing.

Each to their own. Good luck Dusty!

Exactly, so be a Richmond Man and say that’s what you want to do.

This bloke owned every team he played fit against in a final.

But can’t stand up and say to us ‘I need a change, I want free transfer to GC’?

What happened to this guy?

Exactly, so be a Richmond Man and say that’s what you want to do.

This bloke owned every team he played fit against in a final.

But can’t stand up and say to us ‘I need a change, I want free transfer to GC’?

What happened to this guy?
Nothing he has always been shy man of a few words. Don't get the hate it has been documented for months what he was going to do, we not going anywhere so whats the problem? Loyalty I hear you say what is that now days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back