Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin was the oldest player on our 2024 list, and he’s buggered physically. Not every club has as many geriatrics playing as yours does.

If the tigers really do make finals next year and Martin is wanting to come back to us, he’s just as likely to be fighting fit as he is to turn into the next chopper read hanging out with capper and jacko

time till tell

everyone feels old and tired when they hate their workplace

time till tell

everyone feels old and tired when they hate their workplace

Where have you been RJK? I’d almost forgotten about you. Only seem to hear from you when something bad happens at the club.

Do you really think we could go winless next year? I can’t recall that ever happening to any side in the 55 odd years I’ve been following footy.

Dusty has been my most loved player after Richo, maybe even topped that with the premiership and finals dominance.

This one sours me a bit, and feels a bit off. It will certainly leave a stain if he does run around next year in GC colours.

It feels a bit of a slap in the face the way it's played out currently if he really has tried to get his way in there.

It makes sense if you are Dusty. He can pick up some extra coin and fill in his days at the Gold Coast Superannuations. He has friends there and away from Melbourne. I don’t however think it is a great look for the Superannuations. Dimma getting the old band back together. Grigg, Rance, Rioli. This sort of stuff rarely leads to success.
Dusty owes us nothing. However I do think he could have managed the whole situation a lot better.

If Dimma is to trade our first rounders, then leave the club with our foreseeable collapse considering another flag charge is off the cards, at least don’t take away rioli and lure dusty away.

Yes he can. He has no loyalty to us now, he’s employed by an opposition. End of the day, it’s a ruthless business. Dimma’s job to is make Gold Coast successful.

And I doubt it was solely Dimma’s call to trade what we did for Hopper and Taranto

If Dimma is to trade our first rounders, then leave the club with our foreseeable collapse considering another flag charge is off the cards, at least don’t take away rioli and lure dusty away.
He can have Rioli, give us pick 6.

Dusty would only be doing himself a dis-service. It would be hollow words at his 300th and post match final round. Somehow, I think he's bigger than that and he won't be playing again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last winless season was Shitzroy in 1964
We were very very bad towards the end of the season.
Now if our best players in Rioli and Baker leaves we probably won’t be better next year.

Who we gonna beat?

Maybe during the pre-season we can meet the State League Premiers so we have something to cheer about…

I reckon Dusty must’ve told him he’s not gonna move for pocket change then.

You can’t actually think this? Pissed myself reading this. Players don’t discuss money

Cotch reckons 0-1% chance of happening. Surely he'd have some idea of what Dusty is thinking.
You'd think Cotch would be in a better position to know than all the media flogs out there.

I reckon Dusty must be having a private chuckle at this media beat up. He'll be on the verge of his 50th birthday and these flogs will still be spinning the narrative of Dusty to CG lol.

Seems like a very odd tactic by Gold Coast. Why would they confirm talks?
Only thing I can think of is it keeps them in the news, which is good for sponsors and players that might be interested in joining them.

Only thing I can think of is it keeps them in the news, which is good for sponsors and players that might be interested in joining them.
they wont make the 8 with cooked dusty more chance without him

and they wont ever have the balls to drop him

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back