Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

How long until Sam Manure links Dusty declining the Brownlow invite and declining a spot in the retired player motorcde on GF day as a sign he is GC bound?

This shows that Dusty was treated kind of unfairly by opposition supporters & even us as supporters not saying he is the greatest defensive player & it certainly wasn't his strength but people act like he never put on pressure or tackle. What's this say about our other players?

1727082581540.png

This shows that Dusty was treated kind of unfairly by opposition supporters & even us as supporters not saying he is the greatest defensive player & it certainly wasn't his strength but people act like he never put on pressure or tackle. What's this say about our other players?

View attachment 2119397

I'm not sure where that "684" figure was pulled from because according to this link, the figure is different - 835

Reference: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/D/Dustin_Martin.html

even better, why the hell was he was criticized than? haha

To be fair there were times when he had an opportunity to tackle or sat back so that's where the criticism comes into it which is fair enough but as the stats say, he averaged 2.7 tackles per game, not too bad I guess but probably low compared to other midfielders.

To be fair there were times when he had an opportunity to tackle or sat back so that's where the criticism comes into it which is fair enough but as the stats say, he averaged 2.7 tackles per game, not too bad I guess but probably low compared to other midfielders.
I'm not saying he was a defensive machine but I don't think you can fake 835 tackles, he tackled hard early days & especially & did it at his peak, I think criticisms later on in his career were fair but at the same time maybe a little harsh too.

Last edited:
Would be pretty crazy if they cut to the Suns venue and Martin is sitting there with Dimma watching it. šŸ»šŸ¤Ŗ

Almost as crazy as Scotty actually winning a prelim!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long until Sam Manure links Dusty declining the Brownlow invite and declining a spot in the retired player motorcde on GF day as a sign he is GC bound?
They insinuated that on 7 News tonight.

Canā€™t see Dusty ever attending the Brownlow in his life unless he has some scrag missus in the future that begs him to go so she can get a few extra followers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back