Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is some back door deals taking place between Carr / GC / AFL

Dusty wont play for less than $700k x 2 years
AFL would love to have Dusty on the GC for the AFL footy profile to increase
GC/Dimma would want a champ like Dusty around the kids to get confidence from as well as his brilliance

GC pay $400k
AFL pay $300k marketing allowance
Dusty gets $700k for 2 years living beautifully in mermaid beach

Richmond get end of 2nd round compo
Martin hates PR and media works so If he ends up at the suns, he'd be expected to be the new face of Suns. He has avoided media attention while at Richmond, why would he begin now.

Isn’t he an unrestricted free agent anyway?
Why are these muppets even saying trade?

Gold Coast don’t need to give us shit
Yes.
It's mind boggling how people don't know this.
Compensation would be on the size and duration of his new contract, which would be two years at not a huge amount. We wouldn't get much back for him.

GC/Dimma would want a champ like Dusty around the kids to get confidence from as well as his brilliance

GC pay $400k

May as well front load it to $1.2Million year 1. Guarantee us a 1st rounder.

Yes.
It's mind boggling how people don't know this.
Compensation would be on the size and duration of his new contract, which would be two years at not a huge amount. We wouldn't get much back for him.
At a complete guess probably end of 2nd round if we are lucky if it’s only two years
Can’t see the Gold Coast paying him over 750k a season with their cap being tight to the point of having to salary cap dump only like a year ago and seemingly looking for a running half back as well that will be the main priority in terms of any extra cap space

Probably means we get like pick 40 for him

At a complete guess probably end of 2nd round if we are lucky if it’s only two years
Can’t see the Gold Coast paying him over 750k a season with their cap being tight to the point of having to salary cap dump only like a year ago and seemingly looking for a running half back as well that will be the main priority in terms of any extra cap space

Probably means we get like pick 40 for him
sounds about right.

Taking the pi55 of course, but the AFL run like Faulty Towers these days, so how about Dusty to Gold Coast and we get Brandon Ellis back and pick 69. :drunk:

GC pay $400k

The CFL will 1719988686488.png us as usual no doubt.

May as well front load it to $1.2Million year 1. Guarantee us a 1st rounder.
Its more than just money

Think Tyrone Vickery the hawks had to extend the length of the contract for Richmond to get #29 (shai bolton)
I think the min free agent deal would have to be 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Dusty was going to Sydney a couple years back, all the talk when we played the swans at the SCG was that Dusty was looking at his new home cause he wanted to get out of Melbourne and go live in Sydney.

If Dimma was coaching Adelaide guess where the media would be saying Dusty was heading for.

I have never in my life seen the media try and hound a player out of a club like they have Dusty, how come Hawkins isn't leaving, what about DeGoey, is Merrett leaving the druggies, what about the Bont where is he headed too.....and so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back