Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate how people mention Luke Hodge & Sam Mitchell it never affected their legacies did it?

What did they ever do at their 2nd club? pointless threw away being a one-club player just for a couple of bucks. I would rather retire if I was already rich & won Premierships as a one-club player.

Well I got news for you it actually did because their no longer one-club players, people underrate what it means post career to be a one-club player. Richo only linked to one club for life, you hear people talk about clubs when they been at multiple & they seem conflicted on which club they feel closer to, like Adam Cooney says he likes the Bombers more than the Dogs.

Can you imagine Dusty liking Gold Coast more than Richmond even though he was only their for 2 years? if it happened.
Also how will it affect Martin earning potential post-career?

Can you please tell me if you view Brett Deledio as the same player? not comparing him to Dusty ofc but I bet you 100% it's not the same as if he stayed here, I bet people hear would talk about him more if he stayed a Tiger.

I hate how people mention Luke Hodge & Sam Mitchell it never affected their legacies did it?

What did they ever do at their 2nd club? pointless threw away being a one-club player just for a couple of bucks. I would rather retire if I was already rich & won Premierships as a one-club player.

Well I got news for you it actually did because their no longer one-club players, people underrate what it means post career to be a one-club player. Richo only linked to one club for life, you hear people talk about clubs when they been at multiple & they seem conflicted on which club they feel closer to, like Adam Cooney says he likes the Bombers more than the Dogs.

Can you imagine Dusty liking Gold Coast more than Richmond even though he was only their for 2 years? if it happened.

Can you please tell me if you view Brett Deledio as the same player? not comparing him to Dusty ofc but I bet you 100% it's not the same as if he stayed here, I bet people hear would talk about him more if he stayed a Tiger.
I wonder how many people to the Deledio posters off their walls when he left....

I wonder how many people to the Deledio posters off their walls when he left....
I still think he is a gun but I don't view Deledio as the same player, which is sad imo.
He is now a player agent, and I have heard him say an interview, he will telling his players "it isn't always greener going to another club"

I view him as a sell out that was all about him, not a selfless player all about the team.
IMO one of the club's proudest moments and sweetest revenge for the years of torment Ablett (and his old man for that matter) inflicted on us was winning third flag why simultaneously denying him a third flag and sending him out a loser...:thumbsu:

IMO one of the club's proudest moments and sweetest revenge for the years of torment Ablett (and his old man for that matter) inflicted on us was winning third flag why simultaneously denying him a third flag and sending him out a loser...:thumbsu:
But but but he deserved to win another flag, it was what was supposed to happen.
Nex minute AFL change the rules of the game in a fit of outrage the script wasn't adhered to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But would we be talking about 3 Premierships?
I think the fact the draft pick he gave us helped bring in a piece of the final puzzle helps

Best part of being a Richmond supporter for about 10 years was getting to watch the Best of Gary Ablett Snr twice a year.

I still think he is a gun but I don't view Deledio as the same player, which is sad imo.
He is now a player agent, and I have heard him say an interview, he will telling his players "it isn't always greener going to another club"
Lids changed clubs and missed his chance to win three premierships. He must wake up some nights in a cold sweat.

I got the feeling he was actually talking about Baker
I also thought he was talking about baker and he is trying to make a decision before the season ends.

Whereas, Martin will either stay or retire depending on his injuries

Ralph Carr knows Martin's value if he remains one club man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back