Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

The man is GOAT, but his heart is not in it anymore and his body is slowing down.

Good luck to him on whatever he does. Just hope he plays against the suns in the last game so we can give him a send off.

Remember, he could have ****ed off to north back in 2016 and got significant more pay over the last 8 seasons, but didn’t. We got him in his prime and he changed everything for the club.

Remember, he could have ****ed off to north back in 2016 and got significant more pay over the last 8 seasons, but didn’t. We got him in his prime and he changed everything for the club.
it's more we selected him in the draft, nurtured and protected him, then reaped the rewards for that investment.
can only hope, we will ever see a better investment made by the club.
yet..all good things come to a end!

I rekon dimmas been in Dusty’s ear all along , wouldn’t be surprised at all “ come up to shitcoast mate , see how you go this year if tigers go shit come io , good lifestyle blah blah blah “
100% he would have been numerous calls
Agreed. Awhile ago, Caro Wilson was critical of Hardwick's attempt to lure Martin to the suns. Instead, Martin should focus on being a one-club player.

If Martin ends up at the Suns, he would be expected to be part of their promo and marketing package. But he hates the media.

If Dusty does go to GC, it will be to try and boost their ratings up there.You can bring in the player but he will always be known as a Richmond legend a much loved tiger player. Dusty would be so uncomfortable with all the rubbish hype that goes on up there.

If Dusty does go to GC, it will be to try and boost their ratings up there.You can bring in the player but he will always be known as a Richmond legend a much loved tiger player. Dusty would be so uncomfortable with all the rubbish hype that goes on up there.
He is going to hate the hype and quit mid way through the season

The man is GOAT, but his heart is not in it anymore and his body is slowing down.

Good luck to him on whatever he does. Just hope he plays against the suns in the last game so we can give him a send off.

He was never going to North. Absolute nonsense

He was never going to North. Absolute nonsense
That is not the point.

* he could have * is what I said. The offer was there and he met with them. He also met with GWS. My point is he turned them down to stay with us. No idea what was going through his mind at the time and I suspect you don’t either.

That is not the point.

* he could have * is what I said. The offer was there and he met with them. He also met with GWS. My point is he turned them down to stay with us. No idea what was going through his mind at the time and I suspect you don’t either.
Probably manager told him so he could raise his value of his contract would be the major reason. That’s just my opinion, but only a stab in the dark at the most obvious. Or he loved Dimma so much he wanted to be with him. 😉😃😂😇

Last edited:
Agreed. Awhile ago, Caro Wilson was critical of Hardwick's attempt to lure Martin to the suns. Instead, Martin should focus on being a one-club player.

If Martin ends up at the Suns, he would be expected to be part of their promo and marketing package. But he hates the media.
CFL has flagged no Ambassador money, if you can believe that corrupt Organisation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had a life size cardboard cut out first game this year, the deal was done then

Have I missed something? When did Rioli, Bolton and Graham ask to leave? Or is it speculation from the media?

I honestly can’t see what possible value Dusty would be to GC. It’s obviously a struggle for him to play anymore so he should just retire.

Have I missed something? When did Rioli, Bolton and Graham ask to leave? Or is it speculation from the media?

I honestly can’t see what possible value Dusty would be to GC. It’s obviously a struggle for him to play anymore so he should just retire.

Personally I can’t yet tell if it’s his body that’s struggling to play anymore or if he’s just emotionally checked out.

Next week the media will announce all senior players want to leave lol

Don't know why Richmond is getting this much attention at the moment.

surely dusty realises, that because it is dusty, the melbourne media fishbowl will still follow him? they will want to document everything.

'dusty enjoying the gold coast sun with 18 holes at 5 star resort'
'dusty having morning swim at local hot spot'
'dusty seen enjoying the gold coast lifestyle at local cafe'

blah blah blah 😂
It will probably be worse if he plays at the suns.

Next week the media will announce all senior players want to leave lol

Don't know why Richmond is getting this much attention at the moment.
to be fair, poor old North have copped this the last couyple of years as well...

Larkey was gone
Zuurhar was gone
LDU was being tempted to go

JHF went, I actually think the media focus on it actually played to his ego and contributed to him leaving to be honest.

it's easy pickings for the sh!t-truck they call the AFL media these days... not one journalist amongst them

surely dusty realises, that because it is dusty, the melbourne media fishbowl will still follow him? they will want to document everything.

'dusty enjoying the gold coast sun with 18 holes at 5 star resort'
'dusty having morning swim at local hot spot'
'dusty seen enjoying the gold coast lifestyle at local cafe'

blah blah blah 😂

“Dusty taking revenge on journo by upgrading to forks”

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back