Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Have people seen this gif of Dusty that arseh*le Carlton supporters are putting up? Brother’s Carlton mate sent it to him. Idiots think that Cripps is going to have a bigger and more successful career than Dusty . Disrespectful fools especially all the clowns who liked it.

View attachment 2037950
makes zero sense

Dusty isn’t even in our best 22. He won’t want to play next year. Probably wants to retire now but doesn’t want to do the media stuff :drunk:
hes got a fukt back

you give him a 2 year contract and hope it gets better

Dusty loves Richmond and won't screw us if he leaves. He won't walk as a free agent. No chance. ZERO, ZILCH, NO. 100%. I can't fathom how people just don't get this. Mind boggling indeed.

Of course he’ll go as an UFA. If GC are stumping up $1.5m over 2-years, do you really think Martin’s camp will be saying : “I know I’m a free agent, but unless you give Richmond pick-25 I’m not coming”.. GC will say “OK, no probs, enjoy retirement”.

We took Prestia and Lynch off them … I don’t think there’s any form of pity coming our way from GC. And I don’t think Dusty will put $1.5m and potentially another flag in jeopardy just because GC don’t hand over a draft pick.

I hope you’re right, but I’ll be amazed if GC trade a quality pick just to make us feel better - what it might be is a suite of picks to get them academy points and Dusty in return for a quality pick … but it won’t be just to make us feel warm and fuzzy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly, he is one bloke who needs to be a one club player, he is a Tiger immortal.
I'd hoped he would have stayed on post career in a coaching/mentoring capacity too.
Still holding out that it's not true anyway, dunno whether that is a fools hope

Tommy Hafey is looked upon as an immortal and he coached bloody Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dusty went to Fold Coast what compo pick would we get? If it’s a top 10 Im ok with him going ( he’ll only play 10 games anyway, hamstrings are cooked)

No chance, would mean his new contract would have to be in the top 5% of the comp. From all the rumours he would be lucky to be earning 500k a season playing only home games at Gold Coast.
End of Second round or 3rd round at best (about pick 40)

He also coached the Swans, I reckon it's a bit different with a coach
I don’t see Hodge any different or that his legacy is tarnished in some way after a few years at Brisbane

Don’t think it’s a big a deal as some are making it out to be

People are putting a supporters mindset who have followed a club for their entire lives on someone who is an employee at the end of the day

Of course he’ll go as an UFA. If GC are stumping up $1.5m over 2-years, do you really think Martin’s camp will be saying : “I know I’m a free agent, but unless you give Richmond pick-25 I’m not coming”.. GC will say “OK, no probs, enjoy retirement”.

We took Prestia and Lynch off them … I don’t think there’s any form of pity coming our way from GC. And I don’t think Dusty will put $1.5m and potentially another flag in jeopardy just because GC don’t hand over a draft pick.

I hope you’re right, but I’ll be amazed if GC trade a quality pick just to make us feel better - what it might be is a suite of picks to get them academy points and Dusty in return for a quality pick … but it won’t be just to make us feel warm and fuzzy.

only hope is some informal convos are happening now, where we agree to "manage" Dusty to fitness into 2025 & maybe they will throw us a pity-pick

I don't understand why people always throw this, they don't owe us anything line around. for me it about loyalty and if you choose to go to another side then your a dog to me, of course the circumstances dictate how I view this also, if the player is leaving for more opportunity and pay then they have my blessing and I can respect them for that.

But if Dusty chooses to leave now and go to GCS with that other dog Dimma, and its for no extra opportunity or money then cya later, go be a dog with ya mate.

I know quiet a few won't agree with this but I can't stand Dimma anymore and if Dusty leaves it'll seriously tarnish my view of him being one of the Richmond greats.

Chill bro. It’s not that deep

Have people seen this gif of Dusty that arseh*le Carlton supporters are putting up? Brother’s Carlton mate sent it to him. Idiots think that Cripps is going to have a bigger and more successful career than Dusty . Disrespectful fools especially all the clowns who liked it.

View attachment 2037950
Clear undisputed evidence blues supporters are intellectually challenged….

I don't know why people persist in putting this word in anything Gold Coast related, those flogs can't even win away games and for a non vic team you need to win away games to just make finals because winning all your home games wont get the job done.

If Santa brings me a mint condition 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 and then next year fails to turn up, I won't think badly of Santa. I might wish for a 2011 Shelby Super Snake 500 on top of my mint condition 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, but you know, garage space, insurance payments etc. I would still like Santa, after all, he brought me a mint condition 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, how could I be angry with him?

I don't believe in Santa. I'm also not a car person.

In regards to Dusty it will depend on his reasons.

but since I'm not privy to such details I'll have to come to my own conclusions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back