Past #40: Brent LeCras - selected with #56 in the '03 ND - delisted at the end of the '06 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I correct in saying we have 2 or is it 3 guys from NT in this draft, if so could it be we drafted guys to be mates with Junior?.

From Inside Football:

Brent LeCras 12/10/81 186cm 86kg
West Perth

"Brent's a key back who won the Simpson Medal for BOG in the WAFL GF where he has 24 touches in the wet playing at chb. He's rarely beaten and his lateral movement is outstanding - a bit Robert Harvey like. He was one of the last cut from the state side."

Originally posted by Nandrolone Stam
I think Moomba means nt as in "no text", not northern territory ;)
Thanx for that, 'no text' wtf.

A comment on the club website (same one as Kepler Bradley) said:
"A special mention must go to Brent LeCras who is developing into a wonderful talent. His evasive skills and lateral movement for a 6'2 is amazing".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As well as an Eagle, I am a Falcon (West Perth) and have watched Brent LeCras for a couple of years now, culminating in his BOG in the winning WAFL Grand Final this year. I think he's only about 21 and comes from Cervantes (fishing territory, a bit further north in WA).

We had a half back line of Todd Curley (ex-Bulldog), Brent LeCras and Steven Koops (ex-Dockers, now Bulldog). In the WAFL, they were outstanding, giving excellent drive out of the back line. We'll now miss two of them, but good luck to both.

While he played CHB in the WAFL, I doubt he has the height or size to go with the bigger CHBs in the AFL, so I would see him more as a HBF. His strengths are his movement (sideways or front and back) and he reads the play well, at least at the lower level, always looked pretty classy on the ball. Mentally - brave, tries hard and is motivated to succeed. Pretty good kick, mark, spoil and sound disposal all round (doesn't panic). Seemed to play well in the bigger games for us, which I always think is a good sign.

Will he make it at AFL - look, I don't know. I hope he does well.

Brent LeCras- whether he is 186cms or 192cms, he sounds good.

Of course, he sounds better if he is 192cms:)

If his Running Ability good as it sounds, then he sounds an awful lot like Watt, anyone agree- or am I imagining things?!

Go Roos

Just spoke to the man in question.
He is thrilled to be heading to North (his younger brother will be in the draft next year) and has spoken to Laids, who said he had been watching him for 18 months.
Did a pre-season with West Coast last year and was headed to Essendon next week for another pre-season before being drafted.

Originally posted by scottywiper
I would have thought he was 192cm...

Goodo:D

I suspect he is Leigh Colberts replacement.. will play a year or 2 next to Leigh, then can take over the reigns. Very pleased.

Turning 23 next year, a mature age recruit:):D

Go Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #40: Brent LeCras - selected with #56 in the '03 ND - delisted at the end of the '06 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back