Traded #42: Massimoe D'Ambrosioe - Thank you for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Kelly is a good trainer, so we didn't have room for Mass

He is close to AA now, incredible, EFC really stuffed this up as we aren't really getting that kind of consistent quality outside of Merrett. It's a scenario where Heppell and others should have retired 2 years ago to allow someone like Mass and others to come in. They would have known he was good from VFL form and training quality I would assume.

Last edited:
I'd still prefer Jake Kelly

The mistake has been made, no use continuing to rue it.
As long as the people involved have seen the error, and have put the correct processes in place to avoid repeat wastes of talent then we can move forward.

I'm really happy to see him do well.

The mistake has been made, no use continuing to rue it.
It's pretty funny popping in to read the melts.

I still think it wasn't the terrible decision it's made out to be relative to what was known at the time. Exposed form wasn't fantastic, he was poor defensively when we needed to be far better in that aspect and he had attitude issues.

He's clearly found a valuable niche at Hawthorne but given Scott's emphasis on team defense I'm not sure he'd get the same opportunity to shine with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another small player with elite qualities desperately needed by the team we just can't find a way to play.

Don't worry though. He was just a third round pick, or a rookie, or a mid-season pick.

I look forward to watching him playmaking for Hawthorn while watching Parish hack the ball getting his 30 week.

Here's a novel idea, Hawthorn may well be exploring based on their interst in Henry of Freo (who came good roaming from half forward): play Mass other than at half back.

We can't do this because we have 1 spot for ball accumulating playmaker and we've given that, for the next 5 years, to a guy who can't kick.

These decisions I have been railing against for the best part of a decade now do not occur in a vacuum. There is a whole dysfunctional team we are hellbent on selecting. We can't develop players to fit into that team because the developing player is always deficient. No amount of development coaches will change this reality because we hit diminishing returns 5 players into a best 22.

Massimo now better than Parish

Thread delivers

Eh, when you're right, you're right.

It's pretty funny popping in to read the melts.

I still think it wasn't the terrible decision it's made out to be relative to what was known at the time. Exposed form wasn't fantastic, he was poor defensively when we needed to be far better in that aspect and he had attitude issues.

He's clearly found a valuable niche at Hawthorne but given Scott's emphasis on team defense I'm not sure he'd get the same opportunity to shine with us.
Huh? I keep reading this sorta stuff with Mass’s name attached to it. His lack of defence blah blah. We have Redman who hasn’t manned up all season and mids like Parish and Shiel running around.

I just can’t wrap my head around why he is targeted so much for this deficiency.. like he was going to be the lynchpin of our defensive structure. He deserved a 2 year deal with at least this season on working on that at vfl level.

Eh, when you're right, you're right.
I mean Bravo on using the seacrh function, but I'm not sure if Mass is better than Parish (yet)

He could be in the future and I am gutted we lost him but his best games aren't better than Parish best games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back