Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny bloke, nice bloke, switched on bloke.

Oh. and a pretty handy footballer too. Whatever he does after footy he'll be successful at.

Well done on a great career Loose!

say it aint so Scottie...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/fbc35a252a3316063bc919e2f538735c

Player manager Michael Doughty, of Elite Sports Properties, expected Essendon to recruit mature footballers with AFL experience.

He identified Sturt’s Brodie Martin, Scott McMahon and Aidan Riley, North’s Matt McDonough and Central’s Nick Holman as players who met that criteria.
When they media outlets started to discuss the thought of the need of mature bodies McMahon was immediate the one I thought of........he should play for the *EFC. Sure he is past his best use-by date (@ AFL level ) but he is exactly what they need as a band-aid measure for 12 mths. He lines his pockets better than what he'd received from lower level football >>>>> so why not.

When they media outlets started to discuss the thought of the need of mature bodies McMahon was immediate the one I thought of........he should play for the *EFC. Sure he is past his best use-by date (@ AFL level ) but he is exactly what they need as a band-aid measure for 12 mths. He lines his pockets better than what he'd received from lower level football >>>>> so why not.

because he is better then that.

Think of it as a financial situation for a player of his standing .....not as a Nth Melb person. I personally don't know what opportunities he has at his disposal. Time will tell. I mean if they offer decent coin only he will decide.
Yep. If Essendon were offering anyone on this board a 6 figure pay rise I'm sure they wouldn't think twice.

Think of it as a financial situation for a player of his standing .....not as a Nth Melb person. I personally don't know what opportunities he has at his disposal. Time will tell. I mean if they offer decent coin only he will decide.

sorry I should have put a :p:D;) on the end. Scottie is entitled to do what he wants, not sure playing at * would be the best for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Scotty. Late in the last quarter he took an Eagles forward thrust thwarting mark and the camera panned to a couple of old Sturt ducks in the crowd who could be seen to mouth the words "He's been good. He's been very good". A glowing endorsement for him.

In a post-match interview he said it had been a long time since he had played in a premiership. Ummmm.....Scotty.....that's because you were playing for North Melbourne! Geez, he looked like he'd aged a bit though!

As a Sturt supporter it is one positive out of what has been a pretty disappointing year footy wise. Scotty played a great game and fully deserved a premiership medallion. Nice bloke and great club man at North and am sure will be no different at the double blues
I'm nominally a Sturt supporter too, due to maternal grandparents who were avid fans up till their death. Haven't been monitoring the SANFL (or WAFL) this year, so this is pleasant news to hear, even more so because Loose is there. Bmac to go back and join him?

Bump.

Congrats again in order for Scotty McMahon going back to back with the Double Blues downing the Power B-grade by 1 point in the SANFL GF. Named in the bests again.

More tears for Poort LMAO!

break1jpg.jpg

I'm nominally a Sturt supporter too, due to maternal grandparents who were avid fans up till their death. Haven't been monitoring the SANFL (or WAFL) this year, so this is pleasant news to hear, even more so because Loose is there. Bmac to go back and join him?

Went to Norwood.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back