Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont think payne was ever recruited as a break glass example , i think the recruitment team genuinely see payne as a longer term project. Pink was a break glass recruitment who has shown reasonable flexibility but on present form isnt a starting 22 in a contending team, but ok depth and saves a spot on the list given he can be deployed forward or in defence.
Yeah i agree.

And that's why Pink had a ten game trigger imo. Because if he played that many games there may be a need for him in the following year as well (or he shows he's good enough to demand a spot, but I don't think that's the case so far.)

Don't forget he's had a preseason with Collingwood, which given their standards would have been a reasonably high level

Don't forget the preseason he did with Collingwood was also an extended Grand Final celebration that appears to hav e been, in Michael Voss' immortal words about the Lions trip to , "a massive piss drinking affair".

Tough crowd. I rate him a great pickup.
Yeah I like him and what he's done in a short period.

However, still think he's a backup big in a premiership side, we desperately need a young Tex Walker/Tom Hawkins level KPF.

Yeah I like him and what he's done in a short period.

However, still think he's a backup big in a premiership side, we desperately need a young Tex Walker/Tom Hawkins level KPF.

How far off being a premiership side do you think we are?

As it stands right now I would have him second or third ranked KPF on the list with only Larkey and Chom (based on potential) ahead of him.

Maley may come through and take it off him.

CCJ would have to come from the gods to unseat him.

we could recruit a superstar.

IF Chom continues to play back we would need 2 of those things to happen for him to be unseated as the third tall.

Second round of the MSD and he is playing alright footy with scope for further improvement. He's already significantly more successful than a bunch of MSD picks we have had.

As it stands right now I would have him second or third ranked KPF on the list with only Larkey and Chom (based on potential) ahead of him.

IF Chom continues to play back we would need 2 of those things to happen for him to be unseated as the third tall.

Second round of the MSD and he is playing alright footy with scope for further improvement. He's already significantly more successful than a bunch of MSD picks we have had.
We're miles off being a premiership side and that's why we need a true powerhouse KPP to takes us forward.

He still may play third banana as we hit top form but that means Bull, BGZ and Eddie will be fighting out for one spot.

We also need at least another two SF's to compliment Curtis (and hopefully RHJ if he comes on).

Our forward line is a mess.

He will be that even if he doesn't play another game for us

I think he has potential to be a serious player, he gets ignored on the lead so much but still had 4 cm and 2 goals. Who is our forward coach? You'd think they'd realise that kick it to Larkey all the time is not a good strategy
Shouldnt be bombing it to either, kick into space and let fwds run onto it re Giants, swans etc...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did ok but was playing on a midfielder - we should have used their lack of height back there to out advantage.
You should know by now that when we have a favourable mismatch inside our f50, there are generally two options:
A) Kick it to Larkey and the three defenders hanging off him
B) A

You should know by now that when we have a favourable mismatch inside our f50, there are generally two options:
A) Kick it to Larkey and the three defenders hanging off him
B) A

THere were times in the Richmond game where Teakle had no opponent at all and we still kicked it to the 2-3 on 1 that Larkey was in.

While our forwards do not help themselves our mids don't help our forwards either.

THere were times in the Richmond game where Teakle had no opponent at all and we still kicked it to the 2-3 on 1 that Larkey was in.

While our forwards do not help themselves our mids don't help our forwards either.

Was so refreshing to see Sheezel kick it to Teakle with paddocks of space around him. Imagine...

Don't forget the preseason he did with Collingwood was also an extended Grand Final celebration that appears to hav e been, in Michael Voss' immortal words about the Lions trip to , "a massive piss drinking affair".
At worst he would have picked up some goal celebration dance moves which their players appeared to be focusing on.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Was so refreshing to see Sheezel kick it to Teakle with paddocks of space around him. Imagine...
That was lucky. Sheeze was staring right at him.

Usually when the players are free on the forward line they're outside that 60 degree cone of vision in front of players.

For the cost, a good one. Whether he'll still be on the list in 2026 is really a question of him vs Pink vs CCJ but at the moment on available evidence I'd have him well ahead - his ruck work (although not amazing) is miles better than CCJ and he has proven to be more effective up forward than him.

If you're questioning whether I'm able to admit I was wrong in an assessment of a player, then you're talking to the wrong person. Don't care if I'm wrong and happy to be wrong (at the moment) if a North Melbourne player is exceeding expectations.

CCJ will be on the list for he is a ruck and rucks are premiums.

Unless we nab some big name key forward, both will be on the list for the foreseeable future.

Braydon preuss is still on the list without playing a game for years. Tom Campbell still on saints list without playing a game for quite a long time.

At worst he would have picked up some goal celebration dance moves which their players appeared to be focusing on.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
He was also confused why he didn't start getting $15k weekly payments from a well known insurer when he joined North. Like he did for 12 weeks over the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back