Retired #43: Dean Rioli - 100 and out

Should Rioli take the rest of the season off?

• Yes, bring him on next year!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, get your 100 and say goodbye.

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

windyhill said:
In my opinion his best game was 2000 , the second time we played carlton, his third quarter in particular was magical, do you remember that one ?

He ran a half marathon without bouncing it on the way to that goal. Even the umpires were spellbound.

nonchalance said:
Ever watched a game of football?
Names like Daniel McAlister and Aaron Fiora ring a bell?

yes i do clown.
and just for your info.
mcalister was pick 5, and fiora was pick 3.

as i said bolton was pick 4.
so get your facts b4 getting on this thread and opening your mouth

Bolton has been @ Essendon since 1997, but does anyone know his best position yet? I would say backline, but then I recall a game where Riewoldt and Gehrig kicked about 8 on him (he started on one and got swapped). :thumbsdown:

What is the most number of games Rioli has played in a season? :confused:

Comments on ABC radio in darwin this morning by Charlie King, a well known soports reporter. Apparently Dean Rioli is going to retire after playing 4 more games that will bring him to 100. He is going to manage other indigenious players. I have found no further mention of this today on any other sports or news sights to confirm this.

Anyone else heard similar. Seems pretty pointless to do a full pre season and then only play 4 games. Why not play out the year??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mcphee_is_a_gun said:
:p

I'd be surprised if this was true.

so would i mate, and a little disapointed. but the source is pretty good, charlie king is one of the well known sports reporters up here, dont know why he would make something like this up

Stargazer said:
PLEASE don't. I'll pay you not to. :eek:
How much we talking?

If the club knew he was going to retire after just 4 games, I doubt the club would have wasted their time with him over pre-season. If I was Sheeds, and he told me this, I'd tell him to ******** off.

Jarryd_S said:
How much we talking?

If the club knew he was going to retire after just 4 games, I doubt the club would have wasted their time with him over pre-season. If I was Sheeds, and he told me this, I'd tell him to ******** off.

charlie king=crap talker.

dean will have a big year this year (no pun intended)

I was at the home of an ex Essendon player on the weekend who is still close friends with Dean and he has told him that he is going to retire at the end of the year because he has got knee trouble.
Thats all I know. I was quite surprised but I guess he has to think of his future life after football. Who wants to have crappy knees and not be able to neel down and play with your kids later in life.

Lica said:
I was at the home of an ex Essendon player on the weekend who is still close friends with Dean and he has told him that he is going to retire at the end of the year because he has got knee trouble.
Thats all I know. I was quite surprised but I guess he has to think of his future life after football. Who wants to have crappy knees and not be able to neel down and play with your kids later in life.

This wouldnt surprise me , he has had bung a bung knee the whole of his career.

I really really hope this isn't true.

But if it is, hopefully we get at least four games so that any little Rioli's can be nabbed down the track.

Have head that his knee has been giving him a lot more trouble than was hoped and may struggle to get on the field at all this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #43: Dean Rioli - 100 and out

Back