Retired #43: Dean Rioli - 100 and out

Should Rioli take the rest of the season off?

• Yes, bring him on next year!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, get your 100 and say goodbye.

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

there is nothing said about this on the essendon website and he is not on the injury list. i know he hasnt been named for the pracky against the lions this week. lets just hope that everything is ok.

Nt Bomber said:
Bomberland boards say that it was reported on SEN that Rioli has done his
hamstring again.

Does nayone believe anything said on SEN? It is just one giant rumour mill.

Anyhoo lets hope he hasn;t as that whole articvle on his surgery supposedly making the hammies less likely looks a bit stoopid otherwise

No official word from the EFC. I suspect that he hasn't actually injured his hammy. Just journos trying to justify him missing the match up in Brissie.

the paper says he'll play this Friday night.

David Hille on his umpteenth week of "Ankle - test". I hope that it's not an achilles injury.

No Davids injury is a ankle. He rolled it a few weeks back he has resumed running so he should be right by the start of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is true, essendon really need to start thinking about keeping him at the club.

Amazingly talented but a waste if he is always on the sidelines.

meh said:
If this is true, essendon really need to start thinking about keeping him at the club.

Amazingly talented but a waste if he is always on the sidelines.

well it's not true fortunately

he is injured but i dont think its his hamstring..he left the track at wesley college and got treatment in the rooms. he was doing the running drills and looked fine. sheedy said he'll be right in a couple of weeks.

He left the training session after about 20 minutes.
The training went on for about another hour.

Apparently he hurt his back from over doing weights.
He had an operation over summer on his back for hamstring related problems.

He didn't look like he was limping, so I guessed it was that again.

All reports are that he trained strongly. I know his last setback wasn't hammy related but with the news about Bucks i'll be more worried about his hammy than the result if he's picked.

But ******** me he'd make a difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #43: Dean Rioli - 100 and out

Back