Player Watch #44: Tyson Stengle [TIGER NO MORE!]

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond have two first round picks in the next national draft. Which has apparently got some good tall options.

As opposed to the current rookie draft which appears light on rucks and kpp

Massively deep KPP draft. Not only do we have 1sts, but a 2nd (Father Son Naish) and 2 3rds. Setting ourselves up very nicely.

Don't mind it. Stengle is a dedicated small forward. His job is crumb the ball as Riewoldt and Griffiths crash it. Stengle also takes the pressure to kick goals off Rioli, and allows him to be more of a playmaker and utilise his kicking into the forward line when he pushes upfield.

Not a junkie. Just from the same footballing gene pool as his shit truck brother :D

You wanted his brother in his draft year and so did I. :p

Pace...pace...pace...
Finally....

Finally?

We've gone nothing but pace last 3 drafts

Menadue, Drummond, Butler, Short, Markov, Rioli and Bolton

Why did we only have 1 rookie pick?

We delisted Marcon, and upgraded Short, so by my counting we should have had 2 spots free right? Or am I missing something? :huh:

Clubs can have:

38 senior list, 6 rookie
39 senior list, 5 rookie
40 senior list, 4 rookie.

Given we have Chol, Moore, Soldo, Castagna and now Stengle, it means we have obviously chosen 39 senior list spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We took an extra player on the main list. Went 40 + 4 rather than 39 + 5.

Actually got 5 rookies. Not 4. Castagna, Chol, Soldo, Moore, Stengle. Means we have 39+5

Welcome Tyson, all the very best...we are creating our own forward line Rat pack . I likey....;).......:thumbsu:

Welcome Tyson Stenglein. The big bodied mid we needed

images

Clubs can have:

38 senior list, 6 rookie
39 senior list, 5 rookie
40 senior list, 4 rookie.

Given we have Chol, Moore, Soldo, Castagna and now Stengle, it means we have obviously chosen 39 senior list spots.

Last year we had 39 senior players, 5 rookies (Chol, Moore, Castagna, Marcon, and Short) and 1 CAT B rookie (Soldo).

My understanding is that CAT B rookies are outside the main senior and rookie list numbers, and this is how it functioned as recently as last year, so therefore we should still have either 1 main list spot, or 1 rookie spot available.

Is Soldo no longer a CAT B rookie then?

We took an extra player on the main list. Went 40 + 4 rather than 39 + 5.

We only have 39 senior listed players as of today though., so we should still have 5 rookies who aren't CAT B, unless the CAT B rules have changed, or Soldo is no longer a CAT B.

Is this what has happened do you think? I haven't heard anything like that happening though, as far as I was aware, Soldo was still a CAT B rookie for 2017!

Tyson Stengle
Woodville-West Torrens (SANFL), 172cm, 70kg

Stengle is a small forward/midfielder from the Woodville-West Torrens Football Club.

In 2015, Stengle dominated the SANFL under-18s competition, kicking 49.21 playing through the forward half.

He continued that form into 2016, at both SANFL under-18 and reserve-grade level, finishing with a combined 37 goals from 19 games in the two competitions.

Stengle possesses the strength to win his own ball as a small forward and stand up in the tackle. Good ball use also is a feature of his game, with his weighting of kicks to fellow forwards a key highlight.

A member of the South Australian team in the under-18 national championships, Stengle starred against the highly-fancied Allies team with three goals and 11 contested possessions in game one.

We look forward to him bolstering our high-forward division of Daniel Rioli, Shane Edwards and Sam Lloyd.

Last year we had 39 senior players, 5 rookies (Chol, Moore, Castagna, Marcon, and Short) and 1 CAT B rookie (Soldo).

My understanding is that CAT B rookies are outside the main senior and rookie list numbers, and this is how it functioned as recently as last year, so therefore we should still have either 1 main list spot, or 1 rookie spot available.

Is Soldo no longer a CAT B rookie then?

We only have 39 senior listed players as of today though., so we should still have 5 rookies who aren't CAT B, unless the CAT B rules have changed, or Soldo is no longer a CAT B.

Is this what has happened do you think? I haven't heard anything like that happening though, as far as I was aware, Soldo was still a CAT B rookie for 2017!
Yarran is still on the list so we have 40.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back