Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

11th overall, 5th for Essendon with 368m.

Raz - 717
Shiel - 600
Parsh - 522
Zaka - 516
McKenna - 368
‘Felt’ like he gained more than that but it probably underlines the striking impact each forward foray has on the team when he hits the ball running and then hits targets.

One of the shortest radio interviews I've ever heard (only 3m26), likely because the interviewers still can't understand a thing he's saying and don't ask any follow up questions as a result.

Funnily enough Purple was on Triple M at the time and asked a couple of questions. Rare opportunity for him, I'd be curious to know how it came about. No prizes for guessing what his questions were to McKenna either.

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2019-04-22/icymi-mckenna-on-mmm

One of the shortest radio interviews I've ever heard (only 3m26), likely because the interviewers still can't understand a thing he's saying and don't ask any follow up questions as a result.

Funnily enough Purple was on Triple M at the time and asked a couple of questions. Rare opportunity for him, I'd be curious to know how it came about. No prizes for guessing what his questions were to McKenna either.

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2019-04-22/icymi-mckenna-on-mmm
I heard it live and it was funny how there were pretty much zero follow up questions. It was just a series of unconnected questions asked in short succession. My fiance was listening as well and couldn't understand a word Conor was saying! :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
I heard it live and it was funny how there were property much zero follow up questions. It was just a series of unconnected questions asked in short succession. My fiance was listening as well and couldn't understand a word Conor was saying! :tearsofjoy:
I wonder if Conor does it deliberately. Doesn’t like the media much so just talks at the speed of light. I’m sure I’ve heard him speak slower than all that before haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes heinous errors and probably didn't realise that Stanley is one of the fastest players in the AFL, either.

1 game aside, and I can't recall which one it is, he has been well down on his previous 30 odd games.

Can't say I'm bothered. Not many players could be claiming to play their best footy.

He needs to play within his limits. Also lacks awareness sometimes with ball in hand.

I always get nervous when he takes the kick in and tries to find a short target. The only time I want a player to bomb the ball to a contest from defence.

He gives away too many easy goals that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back