Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree except I’d add it’s equally important for him to get attention. To be seen by others, for others to be talking about him, to be on TV, having his ass kissed & sucked up to by everyone around him.

There are plenty of secretive, reclusive wealthy people. Trump’s off the charts narcissism demands constant feeding.

That’s why he does so many rallies. The grift of course but also basking in being the center of attention.

The guy is not capable of holding a conversation about anything but himself & then it has to be about he’s the greatest or the smartest or the most persecuted or has done the most of anyone ever in whatever subject is being discussed.

He’s a textbook narcissistic sociopath.
I've not been able to decide if I think his narcissism is driving his lust for money, that he wants to be seen to be rich to boost himself up. Or if he thinks the grandstanding he does is to boost his brand, with money being the sole focus.

I suspect it's both in a large way. But I can't tell which one is driving.

It was interfered with.
Show us where the democrats touched your election :tearsofjoy:

Seriously tho, the GOP agrees with you (kinda). Interfered with by the Russians, to help Trump.
The nearly 1,000-page report, the fifth and final one from the Republican-led Senate intelligence committee on the Russia investigation, details how Russia launched an aggressive effort to interfere in the election on Trump’s behalf.

I've not been able to decide if I think his narcissism is driving his lust for money, that he wants to be seen to be rich to boost himself up. Or if he thinks the grandstanding he does is to boost his brand, with money being the sole focus.

I suspect it's both in a large way. But I can't tell which one is driving.
Trump needs an enormous cashflow to sustain his lifestyle and he has never been able to generate that cashflow from legitimate business dealings.

Trump has to rally just to raise cash. It is his entire business model right now. And if he becomes president then he can add as much public money to his revenue as he can get away with. And this time he will go hard.

Trump needs an enormous cashflow to sustain his lifestyle and he has never been able to generate that cashflow from legitimate business dealings.

Trump has to rally just to raise cash. It is his entire business model right now. And if he becomes president then he can add as much public money to his revenue as he can get away with. And this time he will go hard.
He will quadruple the amount he charged the secret service to stay at his golf courses in his first term

And will this little earner come back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He still owes taxes also.

Speaking of Republicans.

Steve Bannon playing for the MAGA crowd as he fronts for his entry to prison:

Reckon his bravado is just a reflection of his excitement at the shower ritual that awaits him:

Christie is barely a republican these days and is notoriously anti Trump.
Wouldn't say his views are indicative of the party at all
Agreed.

Although the definition of what is a republican is changing daily. Which is central to the cirsis in US politics.

1719829922549.png

If trump gets back in he can says anything he does is official and can’t be charged . Murdering opponents , accepting bribes , pressuring justice dept . A numberof people may leave usa if there were offside with trump .

You cant just claim an act is official and it becomes official.

If he whipped out a gun and shot someone during his morning coffee, he would be in strife. If he ordered a drone strike on a US citizen who was engaged in combat against the USA, he's fine.

I expected a level of immunity. Our Crown has the same immunity. It didnt come as a surprise.

And I use the Drone strike example, because Obama literally ordered a drone strike on a US citizen (who was fighting for ISIS). No trial etc. That's murder if you or I do it.

Obama was (and should remain) free from prosecution for it. He was acting within the scope of his Constitutional role as the Commander in chief against an adversary of the USA.

The real kicker is going to be if the SCOTUS rule that 'conspiring to overturn a lawful election and install yourself as an unelected dictator for 4 years' is 'within the core duties and constitutional responsibilities' of the office of President.

For mine, such an act is repugnant to the core duties of the President. And if the SCOTUS somehow reason themselves into thinking the Framers of the Constitution intended for a President to act in such a manner, free from criminal prosecution, they're absolutely cooked.

Can a President simply order a rival election candidate killed without any repercussions?

The SCOTUS interestingly specifically called out some of his alleged conduct as being immune (conversations he had with the VP and others about the election) but left open some of the other conduct he engaged in as being potentially not covered by immunity.

It now goes back to the lower courts for them to argue what conduct is covered and what conduct is not (which by no co-incidence pushes the trial past the election date).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back