Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the kind of base level thinking that trickle-down economics relies upon. It sounds good in theory, there's some kind of logic to it, but it doesn't really work that way in practise. It's pretty standard LNP type economic views that has been hammered in to people through the media for decades.

If you're reliant on tax rates to have a profitable business, that's problematic. Also, take a moment to think about it; you said Trumps corporate tax cut from 27.5% to 25% saw a boom in small business? This makes no sense.

More money in the hands of people who'll spend it, is the biggest thing for small business. The bigger you get, the further removed from that equation you are. It's also highly industry dependent.

Corporate tax rates are far more relevant to big businesses, especially in a small country like Australia where we see major corporations profit shifting overseas to countries with lower tax rates and paying tax there instead of here. This is why there's been discussion previously around a flat global corporate tax rate, so there's no point in the profit shifting exercise.

Do you think there will be more jobs in the private sector if you tax businesses more or less?

And I didn’t say corporate tax cuts caused a boom in small business. Quote me.

Do you have any evidence that the bullet hit him and not glass?
should be a gaping hole in his ear lobe.
bloodied hair, singed skin.
anything,uh , nup.
which, there isnt.

i heard, the nick came when jostled to the ground by his detail.

no diversion of that bullett. teleprompter not shattered.

So your answer is Greece.

Did you see the articles I posted about the massive and record buybacks that immediately followed Trump’s tax cuts? And that he himself admitted that companies had used the tax cuts to do that, instead of what he intended.

I seriously can’t believe I’m arguing with people who hate tax cuts. Your hatred of rich people is only financially hurting yourself.

Okay, i think it's time to take a break from this Thread. We had a couple of hours of reason in this thread yesterday morning, with even people like CM86 taking a strong and accountable stand against violent rhetoric, which was a welcome surprise. Only for it to divulge into more conspiracy theory nonsense, and violent and hateful rhetoric from the left leaning usual suspects in this thread. Pretty sick really, a bunch of unfounded garbage spewed by the scores of brainwashed fools in this thread. i hope you get the help you all clearly need. Bring on a Trump Victory.

View attachment 2048948
lol just lol

Do you think there will be more jobs in the private sector if you tax businesses more or less?

And I didn’t say corporate tax cuts caused a boom in small business. Quote me.

I think businesses have shown on plenty of occasions that trickle-down economics isn't a thing and the extra cash ends up in the hands of the already wealthy. Whether that be share buybacks or higher wages for top-management.

Most larger businesses take the approach of trying to squeeze greater and greater profit from the staff they already have instead of employing drastically more staff. They might invest in automation to keep the staff costs down with the view that in the long run it'll stop them having to employ more people.

Employing more staff is usually further down the chain after they've squeezed every ounce of productivity from a staff member. Even in the US where the minimum wages and accompanying entitlements are often much lower than ours.

The Trump tax cuts brought in businesses the were leaving due to Obamas high taxes and costly red tape expenses.

I'm not sure how else you intended people to interpret this. If the businesses were leaving due to high taxes, then that would be corporate taxes, not personal ones.

If you were trying to say that personal tax cuts put more money in the hands of poorer people, who'd then spend that money on goods and services at small businesses, then that's a different thing to how I would interpret what you wrote above.

I seriously can’t believe I’m arguing with people who hate tax cuts. Your hatred of rich people is only financially hurting yourself.

Did you say you're an accountant..???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds to me like you don't believe in the tax system and what it does; healthcare, infrastructure, welfare etc...

As to the latter comment, it's almost certainly not. The wealth gap in Australia is growing, not shrinking. I believe a similar thing is happening in the US and a number of other countries as the economic system has been made less and less fit for the good of society not specific individuals.

Okay, i think it's time to take a break from this Thread. We had a couple of hours of reason in this thread yesterday morning, with even people like CM86 taking a strong and accountable stand against violent rhetoric, which was a welcome surprise. Only for it to divulge into more conspiracy theory nonsense, and violent and hateful rhetoric from the left leaning usual suspects in this thread. Pretty sick really, a bunch of unfounded garbage spewed by the scores of brainwashed fools in this thread. i hope you get the help you all clearly need. Bring on a Trump Victory.

View attachment 2048948
That pic🤣 He survived a little ear graze.

If we didn’t tax businesses and the wealthy, they would build us bigger and better hospitals!

There's nothing more Musk and Bezos love doing with their money money than building infrastructure for the good of society without any consideration of benefit for themselves. Definitely not building penis rockets.

iu

Sounds to me like you don't believe in the tax system and what it does; healthcare, infrastructure, welfare etc...

As to the latter comment, it's almost certainly not. The wealth gap in places like Australia is growing, not shrinking.

I literally work in tax dude, I know. If you saw how many clients we have that cry because their businesses aren’t making money and have to close you may have a different tune.

4/5 small businesses fail, let that sink in before saying every small business owner is loaded and don’t need a tax break. A lot make less money than if they worked a minimum wage job at Target.

View attachment 2048948

giphy.gif

The 'diversity hire' crap is coming straight from Sky News.

View attachment 2049228

Sky News is just parroting an ongoing racist and misogynist debate in the US about the Secret Service’s focus on 'diversity hires' ( the give away is the use of that particular term ) under the leadership of Director Kimberly Cheatle (also not a male).

When the real issue here for the Secret Service is not brawn and gender related but the lack of intelligence and attention to detail. Like looking at a basic map of the rally location and realising that the roof of a big building adjacent to the site with an overview of the stage area should have been included in their security perimeter checks and observations.

Was there a focus on diversity hiring? Or is that fake news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back