Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is what is known so far. Donating $15 when he was 17 at school to a Democrat party cause.

Dad registered Republican, mum registered Democrat.

Thomas Matthew Crooks registered to vote in Republican primaries.

He was a known gun nut and bullied at school.

My money is on his motives not being political just someone mentally disturbed angry at the world, after attention/notoriety, angry a girl turned him down etc.
I don't really get why his political affiliation is relevant at all other than as point scoring for online trolls and rage-baiting media companies.

Unless he did this with the cooperation and support of a political organisation then whether he is left/right, democrat/Republican, antifa/rwnj is irrelevant. Seems like he was a lone nutter with mental health issues as most of them turn out to be.

I don't really get why his political affiliation is relevant at all other than as point scoring for online trolls and rage-baiting media companies.

Unless he did this with the cooperation and support of a political organisation then whether he is left/right, democrat/Republican, antifa/rwnj is irrelevant. Seems like he was a lone nutter with mental health issues as most of them turn out to be.
The point is that if he can be proven to be left leaning the Trump organisation and MAGA can politicise it even more and rev up their angry base. The fact that he looks to be right leaning or neutral is a relief.

Of course, it could that be only 70% of all US males have the capacity to make the grade as a Secret Service agent, so they had to open up to females to meet the required numbers.

This issue is not that they allow women.
The issue is that they have a publicly stated target of 30%.
That implies that if they are not going to achieve the target by recruiting the best person, then they will choose the best person of the target demographic.

They require this: ( amongst other things ).
  • At least 1 year of specialized experience in, or related to, the investigative methods, protective methods, and law enforcement techniques that provided the specific competencies to successfully perform the position's duties. Experience includes the exercising of initiative, attention to detail, and judgment in collecting, assembling and developing facts, evidence or other pertinent data; the ability to analyze and evaluate data or evidence to arrive at sound conclusions including applying new information.

If, for any reason the pool of available applicants is "mostly" male, then they could be accepting much lesser candidates by favoring applicants on the basis of their gender.

The point is that if he can be proven to be left leaning the Trump organisation and MAGA can politicise it even more and rev up their angry base. The fact that he looks to be right leaning or neutral is a relief.
Yes I understand that, but even the frothing from the magas shortly after that he was "antifa" is really irrelevant. Even had he turned out to be a supporter of antifa or some other radical left group, unless they were supporting him in his actions or conspiring with him it is irrelevant, his actions do not represent anyone else regardless of his political affiliations or leanings. Agree that it is better he seems to be registered Republican/apolitical as it may help quell the flames a little.

I don't really get why his political affiliation is relevant at all
There's a bit to be learned about how a person - a few years out of childhood when you think about it - gets radicalised to that extent. What they are watching or reading or learning that makes this a viable option for them.

That implies that if they are not going to achieve the target by recruiting the best person, then they will choose the best person of the target demographic.

• At least 1 year of specialized experience in, or related to, the investigative methods, protective methods, and law enforcement techniques that provided the specific competencies to successfully perform the position's duties. Experience includes the exercising of initiative, attention to detail, and judgment in collecting, assembling and developing facts, evidence or other pertinent data; the ability to analyze and evaluate data or evidence to arrive at sound conclusions including applying new information.

If, for any reason the pool of available applicants is "mostly" male, then they could be accepting much lesser candidates by favoring applicants on the basis of their gender.
They could have been missing out on much better candidates by favouring males in the past.

It's strange we don't hear this line of discussion when politicians are shot while a 100% male security staff are on duty.

Very strange.

Reminds me of the TV show Yellowstone (starring Kevin Costner). The story arc involved his grandson being kidnapped by the crazies. When the Dutton team raid their hideout, the last crazy carter mead smirks and shoots himself. ivan gives them feels.
Spoilers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen to this rubbish🤣
“Trump rose.. COVERED in his own blood” 🤣🤣🤣🤮
They love that he got shot. Absolute bathing in reflected glory.

(Security got him to his feet and he stuck his head out from behind the human shields and pretended he was some sort of warrior.)

This is poor, really piss poor.
I don't see anything in the requirements that you listed that indicate that they are "male" requirements.
I mean, tell me how many males and females apply for these positions annually?
If you cant, then STFU and stop your male whining.

They could have been missing out on much better candidates by favouring males in the past.

It's strange we don't hear this line of discussion when politicians are shot while a 100% male security staff are on duty.

Very strange.

Its possible , but often there are statistics based on actual numbers of qualified people.

I have an Engineering background.
When i was at university, there were only 2 females studying engineering with around 30 males.
Both of them were very good students, and got very good jobs while i'd say 10 or so males dropped out.
( one of them got married and quit engineering maybe 5 years later ).

However, if 10 years later, you had an engineering based organization, and you wanted 30% of your managers to be female, you won't get good managers. Pure statistics. Bumping up unqualified people to a role based on their gender is a recipe for disaster.

They really need to start at the beginning, and get females qualified in roles where they haven't traditionally.

However, if 10 years later, you had an engineering based organization, and you wanted 30% of your managers to be female, you won't get good managers. Pure statistics. Bumping up unqualified people to a role based on their gender is a recipe for disaster.
What has this got to do with security staff meat shields?

This is poor, really piss poor.
I don't see anything in the requirements that you listed that indicate that they are "male" requirements.
I mean, tell me how many males and females apply for these positions annually?
If you cant, then STFU and stop your male whining.

I don't know the gender breakdown of qualified candidates.
Do you?
Why would you recruit based on gender?
Piss poor to you i say.

Its not how many apply, its how many are qualified.

Pull your head in you.

Would you care to state what STFU stands for DH.

Its not how many apply, its how many are qualified.
You don't know the numbers of who applied, you don't know the gender breakdown of who applied and you don't know who's qualified.
In other words, you know nothing.

Last edited:
Why would you recruit based on gender?
Piss poor to you i say.
They don't just hire the girl delivering the Uber Eats order.

God. Mate. Stop digging.

So ……. you work towards your pool of qualified applicants being 50% female. Your recruitment strategy would reflect this. They would need to be targeting girls, with the necessary aptitude, into fields of study and vocations that would enable them to gain the requisite SKA.

By its very nature strategic management involves various objectives and underlying goals. Decision-making is inherently more conceptual* (than technical), hence the need to promote your best and brightest into ‘management’ rather than avaricious lickspittles.

* [eg. Military and police departments would need to have a retention strategy, given that the SS would be targeting their best and brightest.]

Last edited:
What has this got to do with security staff meat shields?

Its hard to know all the facts.
26% of "detectives" in the usa are Female. That's a possible background for a SS applicant.
Former military are also a potential applicant.

I'm absolutely for females in whatever role they want to specialize in.
But i'm deadset against quota's.

Its hard to know all the facts.
26% of "detectives" in the usa are Female. That's a possible background for a SS applicant.
Former military are also a potential applicant.

I'm absolutely for females in whatever role they want to specialize in.
But i'm deadset against quota's.
We get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back