Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 20: The Decline of Donald

When will Trump be finished?

• Right now. Bloke's a dickhead.

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • We'll let him run, we'll wipe him out after the election. Be way funnier that way!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • At some point, Trump will wipe out all options except for him. Send him to jail.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Needs to be next president of the ICC.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clean the swamp, Trump2025!

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • It's not enough to just elect him, him ahead of anyone else!

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ShanDog

Cancelled
Podcaster
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging Gethelred! Congrats to Nikita Blue for our new thread title!

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

< - Trump 19 is back there.

Last edited by a moderator:
great question. the answer- a rambling lie upon lie.

I want to see a question of if these people who rioted at the capital went against his "peaceful" message and went for violence and vandalism, then why has he committed to pardoning them if he win the presidency?

He's really endearing himself to every section of society now. Half an hour let alone 12 hours on the shop floor would kill him, hope he has good public liability cover

Maccas will be a walk in the park, fortunately fries are cooked with timers, as long as he doesnt touch the timer he will be ok. But you know he is the greatest fry maker of all time

If he already did everything he could do, why run again?
He is running on different policies, more extreme ideology, and he has the urgency of wanting to avoid criminal charges, so is more desperate than 2016 or 2020.

Why does anyone run for presidency

How dramatic can you possibly be to compare Trump with the Nazi party. Remember we lived through 4 years of Trump presidency and it was far from eventful.
The first time he ran he was seen as something of a novelty. He was seen as a long shot, and his election was interpreted (by many) as a protest against the detached, arrogant establishment figure of Clinton. A lot of the commentary suggested even he was surprised he'd won, and maybe didn't really want the job.

After four years in the job, he decided he loved the status and the power. And the adulation from his followers. Plus he's made an art-form out of grievance.

This time around, there are people on the right who've latched on to him, realised the strange cult-like pulling power he has over a segment of the American population but who also know that as an actual president he has few ideas and little interest in hard work. He's a perfect puppet figure for groups those like behind Project 2025.

Combine his obsession with getting payback above all else with those influences who are wed to pretty extreme, anti-democratic ideologies, and the potential for lasting damage to American democracy seems very real. At least to those from outside his sphere.

Sure, American democracy could do with some changes. But not the kind of changes Donald and his backers want to inflict.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even you have to admit, there's some clear parallels with those earlier days of the Nazi party. It's a couple of decades since I read William Shirer's "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich", but the formation and ideologies of MAGA and those early 1930's Nazis are strikingly similar.

Obviously MAGA are years and years away from the Final Solution yet.

I mentioned it before but greatest parallel is probably Milosevic in Yugoslavia, but applying that to a country with the size and influence of the US is quite diabolical.

The result there was the end of Yugoslavia as a nation, the result of MAGA and Trumpism could be the same in America. If they get in and do what they purport they want to do, a lot of blue states will be like **** this shit we are getting out, instead of cowering to minority rule.

If he already did everything he could do, why run again?
He is running on different policies, more extreme ideology, and he has the urgency of wanting to avoid criminal charges, so is more desperate than 2016 or 2020.

Wants to stack the deck with yes men loyalists who will do whatever he says this time too.

Yep there were people who pushed back on tearing up the Constitution

This time there will be no fear in doing so

I do like the defence of some of his supporters with this stuff, it’s one of a few of the following:

• world didn’t end last time
  • systems held firm
  • he’s joking (except about the stuff I like, he is serious then)

It’s like many know he will try and be a dictator but think the systems will keep him in check, but still want him in power. It’s really really dumb or completely disingenuous as they don’t want to admit they are just fascists themselves.

Even you have to admit, there's some clear parallels with those earlier days of the Nazi party. It's a couple of decades since I read William Shirer's "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich", but the formation and ideologies of MAGA and those early 1930's Nazis are strikingly similar.

Obviously MAGA are years and years away from the Final Solution yet.
No, I certainly wouldn’t admit that. It’s genuinely laughable.

Trump may win and in 4 years will be history… if he does a good job republicans will stay in, if he did a bad job the democrats will get in.

If you’re sitting at home thinking Hitler 2.0 is about to enter the Whitehouse I feel very sorry for you, that must be terrifying.

No, I certainly wouldn’t admit that. It’s genuinely laughable.

Trump may win and in 4 years will be history… if he does a good job republicans will stay in, if he did a bad job the democrats will get in.

If you’re sitting at home thinking Hitler 2.0 is about to enter the Whitehouse I feel very sorry for you, that must be terrifying.

How about Slobodan Milosevic 2.0, is that ok?

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 20: The Decline of Donald

Back