Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't say it wasn't a far fetched possibility that his testimony wpupd be destroyed by the Republicans.

What you said was:

"So the first public witness is Taylor whose opening statement was totally destroyed by the GOP."

It's simply a false statement. It hasn't happened. As far as I can see there is no indication that it will happen. You are full of shit.
Think you are responding to wrong part of thread (not disagreeing about the full of shit part, but was about the possibility of the US withdrawal and Turkish invasion being used to remove the politically inconvenient ISIS prisoners)

(CNN) — The top US diplomat in Ukraine told House impeachment investigators that President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani was pressing Ukraine "to intervene in US domestic policy or politics" by launching investigations into Trump's political rivals, according to a transcript of Bill Taylor's deposition released Wednesday.

Corruption = Republican Party

(CNN) — The top US diplomat in Ukraine told House impeachment investigators that President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani was pressing Ukraine "to intervene in US domestic policy or politics" by launching investigations into Trump's political rivals, according to a transcript of Bill Taylor's deposition released Wednesday.

Corruption = Republican Party
I think actually, the record, if allowed exposition, which will never happen, is HRC Biden and Biden's son, would have cause to answer. Not Trump.

If we are talking Trump's business record, sure, we can dig thru that, and how much one chooses to dig, I am sure if the investigators did not adhere to their regulations, then the Feds could gather dozens of individual law contraventions Trump has done. However we are talking action at Pennsylvania Avenue(Whitehouse) and The Hill, but this is not a dick-size competition is it.

See: the Schumpeter and PJK aphorism about not putting the entrepreneurial class in a straitjacket.

I think actually, the record, if allowed exposition, which will never happen, is HRC Biden and Biden's son, would have cause to answer. Not Trump.

Maybe, maybe, they both do.

But Trump committed a classic impeachable offence.

Maybe, maybe, they both do.

But Trump committed a classic impeachable offence.
Exactly. All this other stuff is "look over there!" ... deflection, deflection, deflection. It doesn't matter if what Trump and his henchmen say about Biden and his son was true (and it has seemingly been proven not to be), it's the fact that Trump asked for a quid pro quo. Now Giuliani has admitted he wasn't acting for the US, but only for his "client" is another point against Trump.

P.S. *rolls eye* It doesn't matter how many times you say that, Wa Roo, it doesn't make it true.

Let me be totally honest- this dnc impeachment has less credibility than the Russian collusion
Under the circumstances It’s so trite it beggars...

But moreover it’s just a deflection - it’s not even serious any longer

And now how many times has this occurred over the last 3 years
“Be honest” really??

Ok so you've shifted the goalposts here (abandoned them really).

To recap - your initial statement was along the lines that DNC leaders are generally guilty of what they accuse Trump of. I asked for an example. You referenced a conspiracy theory, which by definition has less credibility then a sequence of events now confirmed by a literal procession of testimonies, some from Trump supporters and appointees.

Don't buy into the victim narrative mate, you're smarter than that I reckon. Yeah, I'm sure some DNC individuals would try to impeach Trump over a parking ticket if they could. But that isn't the entire party, and it doesn't mean you get to simply dismiss the stuff Trump does which actually opens the avenue for action against him.

Nance's line was 'no impeachment' until the dirty pool Donnie had been attempting became patently obvious. Dems play dirty pool too of course, but they're generally experienced or cunning enough to pull up short of (for example) "if its what you say it is, I love it" or "please announce you are investigating the Bidens". Which is really the least surprising thing in the world - reality tv host not super clear on the rules around foreign policy machinations, who knew.

You can have an issue with the rules, of course. But you're simply not within shouting distance of reality if you don't think the GOP would be doing exactly the same thing were the roles reversed.

Stock Market Hits Another Record High, As Recession Fears Ease

• Much of the market’s optimism, unsurprisingly, comes from trade progress: China said last Friday that it had in principle reached a consensus with U.S. negotiators, and on Sunday U.S. commerce secretary Wilbur Ross said that American firms would “very shortly” be granted licenses to sell to Chinese tech giant Huawei.
  • Recent economic data has also helped spark the market-wide rally: Jobs data for October came in better than expected (128,000 new jobs vs. 90,000 forecast) and consumer spending has remained strong.
  • More good news: Corporate earnings have turned out better than forecast, too—out of over 350 companies that have reported so far, around 75% have beaten expectations, according to Refinitiv data.
  • “The fear of recession has really dissipated,” says Nicholas

Jobs. Trade. Earnings. Get these right and it all falls into place.

Dude that's hangover from Obama's economic management donchano????

Hey Chief do you recall 2 years ago we talked about the economy and you told me it was Obama's work coming through and I said yeah ok but if Trumps policies are so bad we will see in the next 1-2 years the results? Here they are will you acknowledge Trump's policies now have been very good for the US economy including jobs, earnings and wealth? All this in spite of the fed raising rates to slow the economy down very impressive work imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1,Sorry you lost an eye
2,The DNC is never going to peach 45
3,It is WA ROO
4,Epstein didn't kill himself
1. Didn't lose an eye, lost an "s", but thanks for your concern.
2. I doubt if Trump will be impeached, but he has to be held to account.
3. I do beg your pardon, WA ROO.
4. I'm inclined to agree with you there.

Stock Market Hits Another Record High, As Recession Fears Ease

• Much of the market’s optimism, unsurprisingly, comes from trade progress: China said last Friday that it had in principle reached a consensus with U.S. negotiators, and on Sunday U.S. commerce secretary Wilbur Ross said that American firms would “very shortly” be granted licenses to sell to Chinese tech giant Huawei.
  • Recent economic data has also helped spark the market-wide rally: Jobs data for October came in better than expected (128,000 new jobs vs. 90,000 forecast) and consumer spending has remained strong.
  • More good news: Corporate earnings have turned out better than forecast, too—out of over 350 companies that have reported so far, around 75% have beaten expectations, according to Refinitiv data.
  • “The fear of recession has really dissipated,” says Nicholas

Jobs. Trade. Earnings. Get these right and it all falls into place.

“The fear of recession has really dissipated”

I debated a few posters regarding this a few months back. Everyone insisted that there'd be a recession next year... A rubbish claim that seems to be repeated every year.

Ok so you've shifted the goalposts here (abandoned them really).

To recap - your initial statement was along the lines that DNC leaders are generally guilty of what they accuse Trump of. I asked for an example. You referenced a conspiracy theory, which by definition has less credibility then a sequence of events now confirmed by a literal procession of testimonies, some from Trump supporters and appointees.

Don't buy into the victim narrative mate, you're smarter than that I reckon. Yeah, I'm sure some DNC individuals would try to impeach Trump over a parking ticket if they could. But that isn't the entire party, and it doesn't mean you get to simply dismiss the stuff Trump does which actually opens the avenue for action against him.

Nance's line was 'no impeachment' until the dirty pool Donnie had been attempting became patently obvious. Dems play dirty pool too of course, but they're generally experienced or cunning enough to pull up short of (for example) "if its what you say it is, I love it" or "please announce you are investigating the Bidens". Which is really the least surprising thing in the world - reality tv host not super clear on the rules around foreign policy machinations, who knew.

You can have an issue with the rules, of course. But you're simply not within shouting distance of reality if you don't think the GOP would be doing exactly the same thing were the roles reversed.
What you and the DNC are sprouting is by its very definition a conspiracy theory.
How is it that this theory is not equally dismissible?
I never suggested the GOP hands weren’t as dirty. I suggested Trump’s short political experience and naivety to the scale shenanigans in Washington tips the scale in his favor where accusations of skullduggery are concerned.

When the DNC point to this supposed high crime of Trump’s leaning on this new Ukrainian president for political advantage, the focus on Biden’s patent and indefensible misuse of power is deflected. Given the ceaseless and investigations into the Trump 2016 presidentIl campaign, which have led to nothing but insinuations and conspiracy theories - is it really any wonder Trump would be looking to further clear his name and for some payback if possible.

Shouldn’t the public know if the previous administration was not only responsible for inventing the russiagate hoax, but that senior members of the Obama administration were hopelessly corrupt - how on god’s green earth is that not a good thing? Ukrainian prosecutors have been contacting the Trump administration since 2018 with damning information concerning Biden - what is Trump’s responsibility? Should he just keep silent?

Surely, the DNC don’t won’t their presidential nominee to be corrupt. Yet, this appears of no concern to them at all. In fact, they are only resentful that Trump might use this information against Biden. When Trump makes this call Biden is not the nominee, he maybe the front runner but the primaries have not even started. The presidential election has not commenced - the DNC should thank Trump for avoiding a terrible candidate who represents the very worst of Washington.

“The fear of recession has really dissipated”

I debated a few posters regarding this a few months back. Everyone insisted that there'd be a recession next year... A rubbish claim that seems to be repeated every year.

And the Dems so wanted one as well.

Oh un-invested one, this wasn't true when you mentioned it last week and its still not true now.

Keep chanting it though, just in case :tearsofjoy:

You seem to be quite invested in my posts. Thanks. Wish I could say the same about yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back