Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

His best game to date against Casey. He was lively, crumbing goals, chasing and harrassing all game.

Finished with 18 disposals, 5 marks, 3 i50s and 4 goals. Could've had his 5th but was beaten by the siren.

Last edited:
I thought he was probably gone at the end of the year. But Bobby has really shown something the last couple of weeks.
Stood up when the game was on the line today
Excited to see him finish the season strong, perhaps get an AFL game along with a 2 years deal. He's got the attributes we're crying out for.

I think he'd do better in our new forward structure with Larkey, Pink, Teakle, Zurhaar, Curtis. A bit more attention in the air to allow him to find opportunities down low.

He played in some poorly structured forward lines, in his first stint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely keen for him to back up his offensive game, but I feel he needs to knuckle down on his defensive intent. He was better on the weekend, but he’s only averaging 1.3 tackles as a small. He needs to be averaging at least 3 a game as a small forward to get into the main side.

Definitely keen for him to back up his offensive game, but I feel he needs to knuckle down on his defensive intent. He was better on the weekend, but he’s only averaging 1.3 tackles as a small. He needs to be averaging at least 3 a game as a small forward to get into the main side.
Agree however he didn't register a tackle, his defensive intent was there. He was shepherding for team mates, laying bumps and bringing about the pressure/perceived pressure which was a good sign.

Agree however he didn't register a tackle, his defensive intent was there. He was shepherding for team mates, laying bumps and bringing about the pressure/perceived pressure which was a good sign.
His best defensive game all year and his overall intent was up. I know he can lay a decent tackle, so let’s hope he can post some consistent numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back