• Tristan Xerri

Votes: 98 64.9%
  • Cam Zurhaar

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other (write in replies)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Some you actually want a player who hasn’t shown enough leadership to improve the weaknesses in his own game?
This to me and about Comben?

You want players that hate getting beaten?

He has that.

We should bite the bullet once and for all… or we will never improve.
LMac is an absolute spud… Jy is a B grade Half forward mid at best …. Let’s make Harry Captain next year and avoid the inevitable….
Jy & Lmac could not tie Harry’s shoelaces…. We saw it today blatantly…. No Harry no North

Sheezel has said he's not ready to be captain so bring in Jack Viney and make him captain with Sheezel VC and in 2-3 years time Viney retires and Sheezel becomes Captain with either of Wardlaw or Xerri VC..

He's really not. Does too many stupid things on field to be a leader
I can think of about one stupid thing he's done in the last eight weeks since he really hit his stride after his shit injury hampered preparation; the Geelong goalsqure ****up. Come to think of it, Chom, who has double the votes, has done three times as many stupid things just over the last two games

Edit: ok, there's the Collingwood first quarter ****up too. Still plays pretty well and anchors things well down there given our upfield pressure imo

I can think of about one stupid thing he's done in the last eight weeks since he really hit his stride after his shit injury hampered preparation; the Geelong goalsqure ****up. Come to think of it, Chom, who has double the votes, has done three times as many stupid things just over the last two games

Edit: ok, there's the Collingwood first quarter ****up too. Still plays pretty well and anchors things well down there given our upfield pressure imo

You're not thinking very hard then

Xerri captain. Harry vice captain.

Leadership group of X, Sheezel, Logue, Larkey & Archer.

X would run through a brick wall for the club. We've asked him to do it multiple times this year and he's done it multiple times. Sheezel is the only one who apparently has non negotiable standards of both training and performance.

I think I have accidentally ticked Jy and Luke. I regret doing this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2025 is another transition year, and more importantly should be setting up some long-term success starting in 2026. Without being inside the four walls it's hard to know who would actually be the best suited to the role.

In 2026 I'd like to see Sheezel captain with Chom and Larkey as VCs, with people like Big X and Archer in the leadership group. I like the idea of a well-spoken and even-keeled captain with some big enforcers and hard nuts around him to "keep the troops in line".

With that in mind, I think you have Jy as captain in 2025, LMac demoted to VC. You then have Larkey, Sheezel and one of Chom or Xerri in the leadership group, with the one left out to come in with Archer in 2026.

2025 is another transition year, and more importantly should be setting up some long-term success starting in 2026. Without being inside the four walls it's hard to know who would actually be the best suited to the role.

In 2026 I'd like to see Sheezel captain with Chom and Larkey as VCs, with people like Big X and Archer in the leadership group. I like the idea of a well-spoken and even-keeled captain with some big enforcers and hard nuts around him to "keep the troops in line".

With that in mind, I think you have Jy as captain in 2025, LMac demoted to VC. You then have Larkey, Sheezel and one of Chom or Xerri in the leadership group, with the one left out to come in with Archer in 2026.
IMG_4659.gif

Sheezel has said he's not ready to be captain so bring in Jack Viney and make him captain with Sheezel VC and in 2-3 years time Viney retires and Sheezel becomes Captain with either of Wardlaw or Xerri VC..
Im not a footy historian, and my memory is shit. But has ANYONE ever been traded in and made captain in the same year? (Clubs debut years don't count, thats a completely different concept)

I can't see how it would go down well with a lot of people inside the club.

Im not a footy historian, and my memory is shit. But has ANYONE ever been traded in and made captain in the same year? (Clubs debut years don't count, thats a completely different concept)

I can't see how it would go down well with a lot of people inside the club.

Barry Davis?

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis [Poll] 2025 Captain + Leadership Group

Back