Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

He seems a nice kid and by all accounts has come along way just in terms of his confidence, but you can't play his role at senior level and not apply pressure

I think it's pretty obvious that Hansen Jr is not an AFL standard small forward, and highly unlikely he will ever be one. But yeah, play him the rest of the season. Nothing to lose. Is he taking the spot of any other genuine small forward in the VFL? If not, keep him in.

I'm never one for the soft thing, but he actively held back in some critical moments. Would persist but caught the eye.
No intensity. We Would have copped a couple of loose frees if he tried to hard. Never again. You cant coach intensity and he doesnt have it. Was a wasted chance to get a game into duursma or phillips frankly. Will never be an afl player. Sad but true. Move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for Bobby to have his moment and put through his first goal.
Didn't do much overall, but feel we need to give him another game or 2 to see what he can do.

Going to be competing with Cooper and Drury, for 1 or 2 spots on the list next year.

One of the tests for a small forward is the ability to convert a clutch set shot.

As we've seen today, Robbie satisfies that element of the key selection criteria.

Sign him up now - a boy is blossoming before our eyes
Turn it up Merlins.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's pretty obvious that Hansen Jr is not an AFL standard small forward, and highly unlikely he will ever be one. But yeah, play him the rest of the season. Nothing to lose. Is he taking the spot of any other genuine small forward in the VFL? If not, keep him in.
I don’t mind him. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back