Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was good today, but that run down the far wing where he could outrun his opponent was the final straw for me. Small forwards need to have speed and if he doesn't, he shouldn't be on our list.

I thought he was good today, but that run down the far wing where he could outrun his opponent was the final straw for me. Small forwards need to have speed and if he doesn't, he shouldn't be on our list.
Look to me he had nothing ahead to kick to, stopped to go inboard but was covered so had to restart and dump the kick.
One of the few players who can get separation and have some closing speed.

Look to me he had nothing ahead to kick to, stopped to go inboard but was covered so had to restart and dump the kick.
One of the few players who can get separation and have some closing speed.
That was my thoughts as well, zero options upfield which is an enditement. If your seeing bobby or kerch taking 2 bounces the forwards should be on their skates not flatfooted.

In the first quarter he was the only forward that looked dangerous. Which was then the case for the rest of the game.

An MSD pick, finding his straps, was better than blokes with 50+ games already.

That shouldn't happen. He should be contributing not the one leading the way ffs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shows some good signs, kicked two goals, fine if they give him another year.
But the lack of elite speed and competitiveness/campaigner in him might be his issue that sees him gone.
Small forwards have to enjoy hunting or hurting the opposition and burying them in tackles. He doesn't quite do that.
Not sure you can coach that in a player. We'll see what happens.

Good small forwards make the most of limited opportunities, and no-one can deny Robbie did that today. Can see he gets himself in good position, growing in confidence, and the coaches can clearly see something there to keep giving him a run of games. Seems a really good kid, and would love to see him prove the doubters wrong.

Feels like the run of selection was the coaches saying "Here is a length of rope, fashion yourself a noose, or a lifeline. Show us why you should stay".

Reckon he's done enough to stick around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back