Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course he will. He has ages to turn it around.
Can't see how he does. Needs to dispel the doubts about age and cognitive ability from the debate by doing some public facing events/town halls, interviews - basically teleprompter-free stuff.

Instead they're doing the exact opposite, still keeping him away from all that coz on available evidence he just can't do that stuff any more. Pretty transparent imo.

Nah - he's not senile. Just an old dude on a bad day.
Re: the debate, he was so old and so bad I'm not sure there's much meaningful difference. If it was just a bad day he needs to prove that to people by getting out and doing some appearances that are 'good' - that he isn't is pretty telling imo.

Re: the debate, he was so old and so bad I'm not sure there's much meaningful difference. If it was just a bad day he needs to prove that to people by getting out and doing some appearances that are 'good' - that he isn't is pretty telling imo.
True - and as news comes in that he has more of these bad days than is safe for a person in his position, it's proof that he's in trouble.

He could be bed ridden and drooling 24/7 and his administration would be safer than Trump's though.

I was speaking to a relative today, one who doesn't follow US politics as keenly as I do, and she was scathing about Biden's appearance at the debate, and also brought up the few clips/photos she's seen in Australian media highlighting Biden's frailty. Of course, nothing has been said about the good people around him in his administration, or the things he's accomplished.

I don't think Biden's as bad as he's being portrayed, so I believe it's the perception that has to be overcome, which will be hard, as media thrives on negativity, not positivity.

Having said that, none of this would matter if he'd chosen not to run again. :disappointed:

I don't think Biden's as bad as he's being portrayed, so I believe it's the perception that has to be overcome, which will be hard, as media thrives on negativity, not positivity.
That's the crux of it.

Well if it was a bad day he should be right now hitting up talk shows, holding lengthy press conferences and generally doing events as damage control proving his on the fly fitness. Instead, he did one rally (where he did speak well, but off an autoprompt) and otherwise retreated into privacy.
This 100%. In the wake of the debate his team still seem to be sticking to the status quo - no interviews/town halls, nothing that isn't heavily scripted, no pressers/follow-up questions when he does appear to speak off teleprompter.

Thats just not gonna get it done at this stage, and Biden doesn't look like he's stepping aside. They all seem happy enough to just glide the plane into the mountain in November, madness :drunk:

Was basically the main talking point on the latest Hacks On Tap

I think we have to accept that fact that tRump will win the election in November and with the supreme court in his pocket he will line the pockets of the elite in ths US, BUT there will be nothing for his red neck base voters as he's taken them for a ride and they aren't intelligent enough to see it.

I think we have to accept that fact that tRump will win the election in November and with the supreme court in his pocket he will line the pockets of the elite in ths US, BUT there will be nothing for his red neck base voters as he's taken them for a ride and they aren't intelligent enough to see it.
It's the other fashy religio orgs that will do most of the work now he knows he has to hire people for all the jobs.

How these so called religious people have been sucked in by him is a mystery to me as he never goes to Church.
They are grifters and spivs. They see an easy path to controlling other people and gouging cash and benefits from public office, like happened last time.

This time it will be industrialised thievery because they are ready to drop in their insane little minions.

So frustrating , Trump led with his chin the whole debate but Biden couldn't land a f***g punch , almost felt like a Cats finals loss to me..............
Perplexing he can be so , so bad in the Debate yet sound the total opposite the day after.
Democrats need to get a feel for where they now sit with the swinging voters and double haters in the swing States as it could be catastrophic.
His age is now undeniably in people's cross hairs as that woeful performance wiped out his SOTU and casts serious doubts as to where he's going to be at in the future.
If you did a risk assessment you'd swap out Biden tomorrow as the odds of him turning it around are minute.
If I was a Yank I'd be worried about how he'd cope in a serious crisis or his ability to be effective internationally.

FMD - how has it come to this - a convicted felon and serial malignant narcissist could very well get a second shot at the biggest job in the world.................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So frustrating , Trump led with his chin the whole debate but Biden couldn't land a f***g punch , almost felt like a Cats finals loss to me..............
Perplexing he can be so , so bad in the Debate yet sound the total opposite the day after.
Democrats need to get a feel for where they now sit with the swinging voters and double haters in the swing States as it could be catastrophic.
His age is now undeniably in people's cross hairs as that woeful performance wiped out his SOTU and casts serious doubts as to where he's going to be at in the future.
If you did a risk assessment you'd swap out Biden tomorrow as the odds of him turning it around are minute.
If I was a Yank I'd be worried about how he'd cope in a serious crisis or his ability to be effective internationally.

FMD - how has it come to this - a convicted felon and serial malignant narcissist could very well get a second shot at the biggest job in the world.................
Just an incredible sequence of Democrat own goals the last decade, **** me they're terrible. Going way back to RBG not stepping down from the SC early (so her replacement could be nominated by the first female POTUS once Hillary won :rolleyes:)

If Biden turns up his toes it would solve many issues the Democrats are facing.

And that's a problem.

Can't see how he does. Needs to dispel the doubts about age and cognitive ability from the debate by doing some public facing events/town halls, interviews - basically teleprompter-free stuff.

Instead they're doing the exact opposite, still keeping him away from all that coz on available evidence he just can't do that stuff any more. Pretty transparent imo.

He had 2 weeks off in utter luxury preparing for the debate. He was only good 11-4 and had to have an afternoon nap everyday.

He isn’t capable.

The average age of a US senator is 64 years old, two senators are 89 years old.

Obviously miss out on the extremely generous retirement packages pollies in aust receive. Seriously how could anyone think Biden was capable after that debate and worse than that how could anyone feel Trump could be trusted with anything or anybody after the same debate.
What a shit pile of a country now

For anyone following Biden the debate performance was not much different than usual. It was not a surprise. It's only the media reaction that is different. Also they couldn't spin it as a cheap fake.
I wonder what the next bleeding obvious media admission will be? Those people really are clowns, you'd miss absolutely nothing by switching off the TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back