#48 Kyle Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see we addressed our biggest need in an inside midfielder

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Will play foward... just about the only player on our list who can tick all the below boxes apart from maybe Melksham lol

Hitting targets
Crumbing
Breaking tackles
Tackling the opposition
Applying general pressure
Snapping goals
Nailing set shots
Putting body on the line
Taking marks

Can’t just pick pure forward if they arnt best at that pick. Dunkley was rated higher than pick 3 from what i gathered so can’t be upset. We just need more talent and depth and doubt any VFL forward was going to revolutionise our game.

Can’t just pick pure forward if they arnt best at that pick. Dunkley was rated higher than pick 3 from what i gathered so can’t be upset. We just need more talent and depth and doubt any VFL forward was going to revolutionise our game.

He’s a mid (who can go forward) but they reckon he’ll start forward while he builds a tank and develops his body for a few years.

Quote from the article on the MFC site:

MELBOURNE has used pick No.3 in the Mid-Season Draft to recruit versatile contested midfielder Kyle Dunkley on Monday night.

versatile contested midfielder

versatile contested midfielder

Forgot to say 'inside.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we have a heap of inside mids. But we’ve clearly gone best available. Perhaps not rating any others too highly. Plus the season is cooked so no need to go for a ready made small forward etc. could be shrewd recruiting by Taylor. The warehousing will annoy Chris Scott to.

Lewis is gone, Jones is almost gone, Maynard is not AFL standard. That leaves us with our big four as inside mids, and not much else in the cupboard aside from part timers like ANB. Can certainly see the value in getting a kid in to learn off Lewis and Jones now and spending our actual picks on more urgent needs at the end of the year. Besides, he's from good stock and is the kind of kid who was overlooked and came back stronger rather than giving up.

Taylor saying he can play on the outside and as a small forward. Looking at his stats he sure tackles a lot. Perhaps he’ll get a go as a pressure forward this year.
Give it a month, we’ll train that right out of him.

Inside is life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back