Round 1 next year:

FB: Lewis O McDonald Jones
HB: Brayshaw Maynard Sparrow
C: Dunkley Viney Neal-Bullen
HF: Harmes Petracca Spargo
FF: Spargo JKH Lockhart

R: Keilty Oliver One-footed vandenBerg

“We’ve picked a team of competitors who love the contest”

If by some miracle he does turn out okay it’ll be an interesting case study to consider how Dunkley might have been advantaged by missing out on the draft, compared to kids taken late last year. Same pay check, less pressure for an 18yo kid, less work.

Round 1 next year:

FB: Lewis O McDonald Jones
HB: Brayshaw Maynard Sparrow
C: Dunkley Viney Neal-Bullen
HF: Harmes Petracca Spargo
FF: Spargo JKH Lockhart

R: Keilty Oliver One-footed vandenBerg

“We’ve picked a team of competitors who love the contest”

Has someone let Charlie know that we're cloning him?

Has someone let Charlie know that we're cloning him?
I’m sure there’s a shorter, slower Spargo out there that we’re strongly considering drafting.

Congrats Kyle. However i didnt like his dads comment that perhaps Kyle and josh might play together one day. Might be a harmless comment but i thought it was pretty disrespectful to melbourne the club that just took a shot on his son after every other club rejected him last year. I didnt take it as melbourne eventually getting josh, moreso the other way round, with kyle joining his more established brother over at the dogs. Also didnt like Kyles answer to the same question on SEN this morning either.

Congrats Kyle. However i didnt like his dads comment that perhaps Kyle and josh might play together one day. Might be a harmless comment but i thought it was pretty disrespectful to melbourne the club that just took a shot on his son after every other club rejected him last year. I didnt take it as melbourne eventually getting josh, moreso the other way round, with kyle joining his more established brother over at the dogs. Also didnt like Kyles answer to the same question on SEN this morning either.

Maybe they will both play together at Sydney, doesn't bother me as long as he wins is a flag first.

I thought literally the same thing on both occasions. It might have just been something that they'd talked about, in semi-jest, that one could just ask for a trade, particularly since Kyle was originally slated to go to Gold Coast, but I thought it was really disrespectful on both occasions, and could have been handled a lot better by both.

I thought literally the same thing on both occasions. It might have just been something that they'd talked about, in semi-jest, that one could just ask for a trade, particularly since Kyle was originally slated to go to Gold Coast, but I thought it was really disrespectful on both occasions, and could have been handled a lot better by both.
Josh is out of contact at the end of the year.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have drafted Hirst

Seemed like a fairly harmless comment to me, esp given he’s a former player. Would definitely think it’s a reference to a family reunion at the Swans

Seemed like a fairly harmless comment to me, esp given he’s a former player. Would definitely think it’s a reference to a family reunion at the Swans
I'm pretty sure Andrew Dunkley doesn't get on with the Swans and hasn't been back at the club since he (was forcibly) retired. That might have changed in the last few years, but Andrew said he wanted Josh at a Victorian club before the draft.

I'm pretty sure Andrew Dunkley doesn't get on with the Swans and hasn't been back at the club since he (was forcibly) retired. That might have changed in the last few years, but Andrew said he wanted Josh at a Victorian club before the draft.
Regardless it’s not a particularly jarring gag for mine. Play on.

Kyle DUNKLEY (Footscray)
2019 VFL

Totals
  • 2 games
  • 3 goals
  • 2 behinds
  • 1 time in best players list

Averages
  • 8.0 kicks
  • 3.0 handballs
  • 11.0 disposals
  • 3.0 marks